Gran Turismo 7 Confirmed to also launch on PlayStation 4, is a cross-gen title

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 2,048 comments

Are you disappointed GT7 is also on PS4 with gameplay & graphic assets held back by PS4 limitations?

• Total voters
Because people don't know where the actual framedrop happens and most won't even notice it because it's a rare occurrence. Unless you have high end capture card like Digital Foundry uses to analyze console performance, it's hard to tell. I'm not even aware of it until the graph was posted here.
If Digital Foundry has a way to test these things, you really think that the actual developer themselves wouldn't? I don't follow at all. Your personal experience with what you can or cannot notice doesn't really weigh much in this regard. How are you going to go on and say that its such an easy thing to patch, and then go on to say that it's not easy actually?

If Digital Foundry has a way to test these things, you really think that the actual developer themselves wouldn't? I don't follow at all. Your personal experience with what you can or cannot notice doesn't really weigh much in this regard. How are you going to go on and say that its such an easy thing to patch, and then go on to say that it's not easy actually?
Could be easily patch by the developer if we have access to frame counter on console so we can properly report the issue. There's a reason why there's bug report thread on most forums because developers can't detect all the issues the game have.

Because people don't know where the actual framedrop happens and most won't even notice it because it's a rare occurrence. Unless you a have high end capture card like Digital Foundry uses to analyze console performance, it's hard to tell. I'm not even aware of it until the graph was posted here.
Blue moon bay. Sometimes in the same turn when there are other cars in the same area. I've noticed it twice in the 700 plus races I've done there. It doesn't happen in all the rest.

Nurburgring. Big ring. Start a max grid race from four cars or more back on the tightest grid separation and it is easily detectable in the early corners until the cars space themselves out. Fixable by starting from pole, but where's the fun in that.

Frame drops from 60 are easy to spot manually. Very easy.

Could be easily patch by the developer if we have access to frame counter on console so we can properly report the issue. There's a reason why there's bug report thread on most forums because developers can't detect all the issues the game have.
Why does it require us to have a frame counter in order for the developers to know that they aren't hitting locked framerates? Frame rate issues would be fairly obvious to them.. They're the developer, and on top of that, that's a pretty major issue compared to small inconvenient bugs that only affect some people. FPS issues as a whole will be a part of every game in specific moments. Really not making much sense to me here.

Just like I don't get the bug of walking and talking corpses inside Cyberpunk 77, but I definitely see and feel the FPS issues around many dense area's of the game. They are able to tell these things, and likely don't need outside intervention in order to know it's there. They are fixed by making compromises else where, which is likely something they aren't willing to do.

Why does it require us to have a frame counter in order for the developers to know that they aren't hitting locked framerates? Frame rate issues would be fairly obvious to them.. They're the developer, and on top of that, that's a pretty major issue compared to small inconvenient bugs that only affect some people. FPS issues as a whole will be a part of every game in specific moments. Really not making much sense to me here.

Just like I don't get the bug of walking and talking corpses inside Cyberpunk 77, but I definitely see and feel the FPS issues around many dense area's of the game. They are able to tell these things, and likely don't need outside intervention in order to know it's there. They are fixed by making compromises else where, which is likely something they aren't willing to do.
Anyway, we're arguing about 0.02% framerate drop here, something that isn't even a game breaking bug. The game still runs smoothly, much much better than previous GTs and most console racers that target 60fps on PS4. GTSport still a pretty demanding game visually despite not having dynamic TOD, a 0.02% fps drop is like heaven compared to what we've experienced during PS3 era.

Last edited:
Anyway, we're arguing about 0.02% framerate drop here, something that isn't even a game breaking bug. The game still runs smoothly, much much better than previous GTs and most console racers that target 60fps on PS4. GTSport still a pretty demanding game visually despite not having dynamic TOD, a 0.02% fps drop is like heaven compared to what we've experienced during PS3 era.
So what you're saying is that it's a demanding game, and it drops frames down to 54FPS, basically a 10% drop, without any of the demanding features that could be potentially added in in the future? Sounds like a potential issue to me, that you pretty much disregarded in the post you responded to.

What we're also talking about is it "being easily patched" yet, all these hoops you bring up make it seem like you yourself don't even think it's easy.

Blue moon bay. Sometimes in the same turn when there are other cars in the same area. I've noticed it twice in the 700 plus races I've done there. It doesn't happen in all the rest.

Nurburgring. Big ring. Start a max grid race from four cars or more back on the tightest grid separation and it is easily detectable in the early corners until the cars space themselves out. Fixable by starting from pole, but where's the fun in that.

Frame drops from 60 are easy to spot manually. Very easy.
I agree, I was just doing a custom race on both tracks, sunny weather driving the Mclaren F1 in cockpit view (base PS4 btw), and the image kept stuttering for pretty much the majority of the race. Blue Moon bay invield A reverse with a bunch of cars going through the same corner being the worst offender. I also don't understand why most tech sites never analyse the FPS from the cockpit view.

T1 at Bathurst in GT League Endurance. Frame rate drops there every lap, during the race.

Last night, did a Custom Race at Spa, 6:30AM, using GR.4. Frame rate dropped with all cars in the same shot. From T1 to Eau Rouge. Just watching the replay. Didn't experience any drops during the race.

Potential news!

Playstation is having an event planned for July 9th since its been a year since gt7's trailer I'd imagine something will come this time around or during the Olympics

Potential news!

Playstation is having an event planned for July 9th since its been a year since gt7's trailer I'd imagine something will come this time around or during the Olympics

I never get this. Why when people post this kind of stuff here they almost never show where the information is taken from? It should be mandatory when posting "potential" news on this thread.

Last edited:
Potential news!

28th June / 8th July / 2 weeks, the same rumor from 15 days ago

Horizon FW Trailer / release date
Final Fantsy XVI trailer / gameplay
Forspoken trailer / gameplay
Gran Turismo 7 trailer
God of War trailer / gameplay ....

just a fans / press / youtubers dreams for the moment:rolleyes:

Last edited:
28th June / 8th July / 2 weeks, the same rumor from 15 days ago

Horizon FW Trailer / release date
Final Fantsy XVI trailer / gameplay
Forspoken trailer / gameplay
Gran Turismo 7 trailer
God of War trailer / gameplay ....

just a fans / press / youtubers dreams for the moment:rolleyes:

So is this when the new rumors or expectations come for GT7 to be a holiday 2021 release like it was rumored to be a 2020 holiday release to promote and sell the new PS5 console last summer?
Do you add in now GT7 can be a console seller to now help sell new old ps4 systems as well?

Forza Horizon 5 was announced as a cross-gen title, to be launched next November.
I've never owned an Xbox so I can't talk about the series choices in the past, but considering the discussions and seeing* both developers choosing the cross-gen path, is not wrong to presume that there are some things flying under our radar, commercially or production wise.

*GT isn't official yet.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 5 was announced as a cross-gen title, to be launched next November.
I've never owned an Xbox so I can't talk about the series choices in the past, but considering the discussions and seeing* both developers choosing the cross-gen path, is not wrong to presume that are some things flying under our radar, commercially or production wise.

*GT isn't official yet.
I thought I read that Forza Motorsport is current gen (Xbox Series X/S) only.

Makes total sense given how inept PD has been for two decades now.

If not for the PS brand strength, PD and GT would be long defunct.
Idk how you guys come up with these sentences... i mean GT it's the most popular racing game and that's not only for the playstation brand lol (aside from Mario Cart and NFS but these are arcades so far more accesible to wide audience of people), you have many playstation ip's that have failed (see driveclub) so it's not that. GTs always have been great games. I
If you have this opinion of Gran Turismo franchise i don't understand why you are here on GT forums frankly...

Last edited:
Idk how you guys come up with these sentences... i mean GT it's the most popular racing game and that's not only for the playstation brand lol (aside from Mario Cart and NFS but these are arcades so far more accesible to wide audience of people), you have many playstation ip's that have failed (see driveclub) so it's not that. GTs always have been great games. I
If you have this opinion of Gran Turismo franchise i don't understand why you are here on GT forums frankly...
GT is the most popular racing game besides these other games that are more popular? So no, that makes it the most popular racing game on the Playstation, only.

Last edited:
GT is the most popular racing game besides these other games that are more popular? So no, that makes it the most popular racing game on the Playstation, only.
And the third more popular racing game ever. So yeah it's a pretty big name in the gaming industry and it is not because it is a playstation game like that guy was saying but beacause it genuinely a great franchise

Last edited:
And the third more popular racing game ever. So yeah it's a pretty big name in the gaming industry and it is not because it is a playstation game like that guy was saying but beacause it genuinely a great franchise
I think it might be 4th, after Forza Horizon now. Never said it was popular, but it's really only the most popular racing game on Playstation. There's really nothing wrong with that either.

Back