Gran Turismo 7 Confirmed to also launch on PlayStation 4, is a cross-gen title

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 2,048 comments

Are you disappointed GT7 is also on PS4 with gameplay & graphic assets held back by PS4 limitations?

• Total voters
I can see both sides of the Gran Turismo v Horizon coin, while I completley get @Samus point, they are both racing games, they certainly are rivals for fans, attention and sales and when Horizon wins awards that Gran Turismo doesn't you can bet Sony notice that. But at the same time, as a player, when I fancy loading up a racing game, I very rarely think "should I play Horizon 4 or GT Sport" I tend to know beforehand if I fancy the more arcadish experience of Horizon or if I am looking for a more simulation based racer that isn't as hardcore as ACC. Typically if that's what I'm afer then it'll usually be GT Sport or Forza 7. So I also understand what @Shingo_civic is saying, because that most certainly applies to me.

Although Horizon is far more sim than Need for Speed and not all that far physics wise to Gran Trusimo (though far more forgiving and deliberately so) the game, game play and structure is most certainly catering towards the casual, fun crowd than than the "let's eek a few more 10ths off my lap time" crowd. And although neither Gran Turismo or Forza Motorpsort operate at the top end of the sim spectrum for realism, they do cater for that crowd.

But you can most certainly compare Horizon to Gran Turismo in a large number of ways, they are both system selling racing games, and while they offer massively different gameplay experiences there are still a lot of things they also do similar. They are both accessible simulators, both feature real cars, both have a heavy car collection element and both require earning in-game currencies to buy cars and upgrades. So there are still plenty of things to compare them by both gameplay wise and in terms of sales attaction and popularity, it's just personally, I rarely choose between the two, I'm either in the mood for one type of game or the other.

Last edited:
Thing is, I've seen players using GT like an open world since GT1. I'm one of those folks that would drive around the city tracks like an open world. We couldn't get that actual NFS feeling of driving around an open world.
I'm from NYC. When the NYC track made it to GT4, that's all I'd do!
When online became a thing for Gran Turismo, "open world" lobbies took off. Players want something like that for the franchise.

When I bought into the Forza games, I could see they were giving players the tools to do whatever they wanted. Now, with the FH series, it's popular because the tools are there.

GT got course creator. That was a start. It's not available in GTS. Maybe if it were, there'd be more discussion/comparison of the two(or three) games.

We'll have to wait and see what content is packaged in GT7. As for now, discussing comparing all racing games, is not really black & white.

Thing is, I've seen players using GT like an open world since GT1. I'm one of those folks that would drive around the city tracks like an open world. We couldn't get that actual NFS feeling of driving around an open world.
I'm from NYC. When the NYC track made it to GT4, that's all I'd do!
When online became a thing for Gran Turismo, "open world" lobbies took off. Players want something like that for the franchise.

When I bought into the Forza games, I could see they were giving players the tools to do whatever they wanted. Now, with the FH series, it's popular because the tools are there.

GT got course creator. That was a start. It's not available in GTS. Maybe if it were, there'd be more discussion/comparison of the two(or three) games.

We'll have to wait and see what content is packaged in GT7. As for now, discussing comparing all racing games, is not really black & white.
Million dollar idea: Take Tokyo Expressway, modify it and open up and combine all the alternate layouts into one and expand into it if needed. (Maybe even attach some classic tracks to it like Special Stage Route 5 & 7)

That would give the game a mini open world highway system that could be used in any open lobby, and it would be perfect for any cruise, drag, or 'open world driving' session. A LARGE portion of the fanbase that has been ignored for so long, will finally have something built for them. Along with a nice nostalgia factor, that pays tribute to the series roots.

Last edited:
The end credits video on the expressways are just like that. PD go through all that trouble of recording the video(of course modelling the tracks), but we don't get exactly that big connection, in the game.

Imagine 30kms of expressway. Easy.

Last edited:
Million dollar idea: Take Tokyo Expressway, modify it and open up and combine all the alternate layouts into one and expand into it if needed. (Maybe even attach some classic tracks to it like Special Stage Route 5 & 7)

That would give the game a mini open world highway system that could be used in any open lobby, and it would be perfect for any cruise, drag, or 'open world driving' session. A LARGE portion of the fanbase that has been ignored for so long, will finally have something built for them. Along with a nice nostalgia factor, that pays tribute to the series roots.
I envision a "Gran Turismo World" that combined Special Stage City (Route 5, 7 and 11), Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway, Cape Ring and the High Speed Ring. Special Stage City will be the hub centered around a bay surrounded by hilltops where you'll find Trial Mountain and Cape Ring. In those valleys you'll find Midfield and Deep Forest with Apricot Hill being located on the plains between the mountains and Special Stage City. Grand Valley sits on a plateau not too far away for the city, whilst the High Speed Ring is near a damn that provides water for Special Stage City, not far from Grand Valley.

I have to make a map of this.

Last edited:
LOL, I don’t even know where to begin.

PD have said practically nothing about the release of GT7 and, while even what they have said should be taken with a pinch of salt, fans are already complaining about what the new title won’t include due to it being a cross-gen release, and even that is still speculation at this point.

I do feel genuinely sorry for all the players who may have gone out and brought a PS5 already in anticipation of the GT7 release, they have a right to feel gut punched, but my question is why’d you do it? PD are not exactly a reliable source of information.

I also understand that people feel letdown by GT Sport not really being a proper GT Game, but I’ll be honest, when Kas said that GT7 was going to be more like previous GT titles, that was actually a disappointment me. I have really enjoyed the e-sports focus of the latest release. I’ve played in Sport Mode and lobbys with my friends and had a really great time. The single player mode of the traditional game isn’t racing, it’s just applied overtaking. Last to first until the laps run out whilst trying to avoid the appalling AI.

What Gran Turismo does, is try to strike that balance between a sim racing experience and a traditional arcade game and I think they do this quite successfully. Look how many really talented gamers get together on the GT Sport platform. The big problem is that PD try to be all things to all people and obliviously they please nobody perfectly.

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t be surprised if GT7 ends up being a cross-gen release featuring dynamic time of day and weather and still maintains close to 60fps and is released in 2025 lol! Some PS5 owners will complain that the graphics would have been better if it was a PS5 exclusive, while others saying they should have stayed with a PS4 and saved their money, while everyone will complain of arcade style physics. Kas will say nothing about it while he counts his money, cos we all brought the game anyway lol.

…..and the penalty system will still be a piece of ****.

I do feel genuinely sorry for all the players who may have gone out and brought a PS5 already in anticipation of the GT7 release, they have a right to feel gut punched, but my question is why’d you do it? PD are not exactly a reliable source of information.
Easy - the info about it being a PS5 exclusive came from Sony themselves, not PD. From that alone I assumed I could actually trust what they said 😪

I envision a "Gran Turismo World" that combined Special Stage City (Route 5, 7 and 11), Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway, Cape Ring and the High Speed Ring. Special Stage City will be the hub centered around a bay surrounded by hilltops where you'll find Trial Mountain and Cape Ring. In those valleys you'll find Midfield and Deep Forest with Apricot Hill being located on the plains between the mountains and Special Stage City. Grand Valley sits on a plateau not too far away for the city, whilst the High Speed Ring is near a damn that provides water for Special Stage City, not far from Grand Valley.

There's an entire thread on that...

Sorry but after trying to put FH in the same category of GT i understand where you come from and im not willing to read all the nonsense (FH better phusics than GT6 it's the peak nonsense) .. i thought you were a genuine guy that wantvs to discuss about GT but it turns out you are another forza fanboy. I'll just put you in the ignore list and end it here
You're literally the only one dismissing opinions, but you're pretending someone else is. The only fanboy here is you. You're the only one tooting one game and getting mad any time another is brought up - this time because you don't want to believe that another racing game is a competitor to your dear game of choosing. You're the only one that can't seem to grasp that other games exist, and are just as good at doing what you think PD is doing.

It's even more funny seeing you label @Imari as a fanboy, which shows you really don't have a clue here nor there on that aspect.

Yes, please bring back Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero :P

Last edited:
You're literally the only one dismissing opinions, but you're pretending someone else is. The only fanboy here is you. You're the only one tooting one game and getting mad any time another is brought up - this time because you don't want to believe that another racing game is a competitor to your dear game of choosing. You're the only one that can't seem to grasp that other games exist, and are just as good at doing what you think PD is doing.

It's even more funny seeing you label @Imari as a fanboy, which shows you really don't have a clue here nor there on that aspect.
The fact it is that forza horizon it is not a competitor of GT, they are totally different games.... another forza fanboy to put in ignore list.

Last edited:
You clearly haven't read my posts.... another forza fanboy to put in ignore list.
:lol: Yes, I have. That's why I replied exactly like I did. Crazy, I'm not even fond of Forza, really, especially as of late - I didn't realize simply disagreeing means you're a fan of Forza these days.

Either way, thanks for proving that point that you're the only fanboy here.

EDIT: Since you wanted to edit what you originally said..

The fact it is that forza horizon it is not a competitor of GT, they are totally different games
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Last edited:
😂 Yes, I have. That's why I replied exactly like I did. Crazy, I'm not even fond of Forza, really, especially as of late - I didn't realize simply disagreeing means you're a fan of Forza these days.

Either way, thanks for proving that point that you're the only fanboy here.

EDIT: Since you wanted to edit what you originally said..

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
The fact is that you and your comrades are trying to sell forza horizon as a competitor of GT because you can't do that with the FM series (that guy Imari was waiting for FH trailer to have some views so to post it here in oder to show that forza it just as popular as GT lol).... It's the first time that i heard that FH it belongs to the same racing genre as of GT and that's just dumb. Idk how this **** show it is still going...Now pls don't quote me further, im not intending do discuss further about this bull****

Last edited:
The fact is that you and your comrades are trying to sell forza horizon as a competitor of GT because you can't do that with the FM series.... It's the first time that i heard that FH it belongs to the same racing genre as of GT and that's just dumb. Idk how this ** show it is still going...Now pls don't quote me further, im not intending do discuss further about this bull**
Jeez, put me on your ignore list already and get on with it. Whatever you want to pretend, whatever helps you sleep at night. Your panties are all bunched up just because someone pointed out that a racing game is going to be a competitor to a racing game. Still find it ironic that you'd call anyone a fanboy here.

Last edited:
Asphalt on Android also has cars and very casual friendly, why won't people compare it to GT?
Maybe because that would be comparing a game for a powerful PC-equivalent console to a franchise that's built exclusively for the mobile phone/tablet platform.
Now pls don't quote me further, im not intending do discuss further about this bull****
Well, you keep threatening him with a good time.
I'll just put you in the ignore list and end it here
another forza fanboy to put in ignore list.

Please keep us posted on that. I am personally intrigued to see an open world GT concept that already plays into the history of the franchise

Also, do what GT3 did and make Special Stage City in the shape of the GT logo
1624893712933.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact is that you and your comrades are trying to sell forza horizon as a competitor of GT because you can't do that with the FM series (that guy Imari was waiting for FH trailer to have some views so to post it here in oder to show that forza it just as popular as GT lol).... It's the first time that i heard that FH it belongs to the same racing genre as of GT and that's just dumb. Idk how this ** show it is still going...Now pls don't quote me further, im not intending do discuss further about this bull**
You're still not getting the point. Nobody is trying to say that to a racing game aficionado GT and Horizon offer the same experience. The point was that to the casual millions who are just interested in a racing game with real cars, they are absolutely similar enough to compete with each other, provided the customer owns the hardware to play both.

Again, yes, if you're seriously into racing games you're not going to choose one or the other, one offers controlled circuit racing, the other offers laid back open world racing. WE here all know that. But to the casual gamer, who isn't into car culture or racing generally but just enjoys the odd racing game every now and again, it doesn't matter and they are absolutely in the same genre. Racing games with real cars.

There is also no doubt that the popularity of FH has exploded in recent years and has clearly overtaken FM. Is it as popular as Gran Turismo? That's really impossible to say, we don't have any official sales figures for either AFAIK, but both seem to be in the same sort of ballpark of around 10-12 million.

I honestly forget what the original argument was at this point but they're both very popular racing games and I don't really know what is wrong with that or why anyone would take offence at the idea.

Easy - the info about it being a PS5 exclusive came from Sony themselves, not PD. From that alone I assumed I could actually trust what they said 😪

Oh, I totally understand and it’s just a shame that anybody who went out an bought a PS5 on the strength of GT7 being a PS5 exclusive, can’t get a refund on it!

But regardless of who said it, we’re talking about PD product here. Everything is just hearsay until the game is on the shelf.

You're still not getting the point. Nobody is trying to say that to a racing game aficionado GT and Horizon offer the same experience. The point was that to the casual millions who are just interested in a racing game with real cars, they are absolutely similar enough to compete with each other, provided the customer owns the hardware to play both.

Again, yes, if you're seriously into racing games you're not going to choose one or the other, one offers controlled circuit racing, the other offers laid back open world racing. WE here all know that. But to the casual gamer, who isn't into car culture or racing generally but just enjoys the odd racing game every now and again, it doesn't matter and they are absolutely in the same genre. Racing games with real cars.

There is also no doubt that the popularity of FH has exploded in recent years and has clearly overtaken FM. Is it as popular as Gran Turismo? That's really impossible to say, we don't have any official sales figures for either AFAIK, but both seem to be in the same sort of ballpark of around 10-12 million.

I honestly forget what the original argument was at this point but they're both very popular racing games and I don't really know what is wrong with that or why anyone would take offence at the idea.
ok but horizon is as rival for gt7 as new need for speed is or crew 2 etc.

snc
ok but horizon is as rival for gt7 as new need for speed is or crew 2 etc.
Yes, exactly. I'm obviously not claiming they're 100% direct competitors, just that they're broadly all racing games with real cars.

I skipped ps4 because GT sport didn't appeal to me.. Was hoping to pick up a ps5 for gt7. If gt7 is really compromised, I'll hold back on ps5 also.
Well it seems as though you are just missing out on a good console and a good game. No console or game will be perfect for everyone. Just enjoy it for what it is. If not you might end up waiting forever.

Please keep us posted on that. I am personally intrigued to see an open world GT concept that already plays into the history of the franchise

View attachment 1063448
I wish we could drive on all the GT maps. Thing is, we'd definitely need a wheel alignment after driving around the "G".

View attachment 1063448
I'm not sure if that's possible but I'll see.
Edit: Here's a map I made at uni (but it's not a GT World)
YZKsZxM.jpg

Last edited:
lol Shingo_civic is going to end up ignoring half the forum if he's looking for people to say that GT's dirt physics haven't been trash since 1999.
Considering how deep into the cope he has been in my time on the forum, relentlessly defending the honor of Polyphony and the GT series like Kaz actually cares about his service, and how especially fervent he gets when Forza is mentioned in any regard, I am surprised the mods haven't decided to do their business considering no one falls for his obvious tactics that he thinks is slick.

But then again, he is smart enough to not fully get banned like the long lineage of GT warriors before him.

Last edited:
Considering how deep into the cope he has been in my time on the forum, relentlessly defending the honor of Polyphony and the GT series like Kaz actually cares about his service, and how especially fervent he gets when Forza is mentioned in any regard, I am surprised the mods haven't decided to do their business considering no one falls for his obvious tactics that he thinks is slick.

But then again, he is smart enough to not fully get banned like the long lineage of GT warriors before him.
Instead of doing memeber war talk about the game and not about me but i understand that you are triggered because i said that FH it's not in the same category as GT...
And for your information just go and see my comment history to understand that I do not defend PD always and in any case unlike you that by seeing your comment history your only objective in the GT forums is only to shovel **** on the game and how bad and lazy PD are (while in the forza forums you are attacking everyone who criticizes some aspect of the game and you are telling me that im the fanboy lol)...

Last edited:
Anyway, back OT, I am actually looking forward to a PS4 GT7. Dynamic time/weather is not something I care about nor is ray tracing. Even if the PS5 version featured those two things it wouldn't be a big enough change for me to switch from a PS4 version.

Instead of doing memeber war talk about the game and not about me but i understand that you are mad because i said that FH it's not in the same category as GT...
And for your information just go and see my comment history to understand that I do not defend PD always and in any case unlike you that by seeing your comment history your only objective in the GT forums is only to shovel **** on the game and how bad and lazy PD are (while in the forza forums you are attacking everyone who criticizes some aspect of the game and you are telling me that im the fanboy lol)...
No one's mad here, besides you actually since you're literally the only one that took offense to anything. You even supposedly blocked people because you're so opposed to people having a different opinion than the wrong one you formed. Your comment history doesn't quiet line up with what you're pretending, but that's no surprise really. Wonder when you're actually going to follow what you say:
im not intending do discuss further about this bull****
Also, FH is in the same category as GT, under racing games.
Anyway, back OT, I am actually looking forward to a PS4 GT7. Dynamic time/weather is not something I care about nor is ray tracing. Even if the PS5 version featured those two things it wouldn't be a big enough change for me to switch from a PS4 version.
The only reason I wanted to get a PS5, and was willing to get it before price drops, was because of GT7. This has essentially helped me in making a decision on what console to go for first at this point. I can wait much much longer for a PS5 now since I have no reason to get it right now anymore, and that would only work better for me. I skipped GTS and mostly GT6, so I'm sure GT7 will at least feel fresher to me, even if it is a cross gen game - plus it going back to a traditional GT is what I look forward to most.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat as you, the only reason I wanted a PS5 was for GT7. I think a lot of us here only wanted a PS5 because of the game. Now with the news of a potential PS4 version too many of us that haven't bought into a PS5 yet are relieved that we may not need to make the expenditure just quite yet.

I will say it does suck for those that bought into the PS5 solely for this game, however, on a positive note, the PS5 version is a given at this point so those that did so will still be able to experience the game regardless of its final build quality. The PS4 version has still yet to be confirmed by PD themselves... I really hope that both Sony and PD can clarify this comment in the supposed upcoming Sony event.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back