Gran Turismo 7 Could be PlayStation 5 Launch Title, Says Official PS Magazine

Given there was only one title on PS4, the GTS models being good for 10 years (or something along those lines), and the fact that they've had a healthy amount of time to develop it, I can believe GT7 will be released soon enough.

Sales would probably be higher if they had it ready sooner. I was actually hoping GT wouldn't be a launch title, because if it is, I have to spend money on a day one PS5.

I know it's an official magazine but without knowing exactly what they based this on its rather hard to decide if it's meaningful or not.

I mean it wouldn't be the first official outlet using unofficial, untrustworthy info in lieu of official info.

If it is a launch title, seems like there going to the build content like they did with GT Sport which is adding content monthly after release. The concern with this would be career mode which is usually structured around the content that’s already in the game, hard to do with content being added later, this was the problem with GT Sport which felt there was no end result your where trying the achieve.

Considering the possibility to update the game even from day one, GT7 could be a launch title, just to push up the PS5 sellings a bit. So, from day one we will be ready to hear people whine like "this game is ****, it feels unfinished..."

Yeah, but it's a nothingburger - retailers make guesses like that all the time.

Also, yes, I did send my wife out to buy a copy of the mag so you could all see it in the article...

View attachment 944847
Before I found out about GTPLanet, the OPM was where I got all my Gran Turismo info. Always bought the magazine for the demo discs.

The one OPM cover I remember the most, was of the orange Challenger revealing GT5. Graphics were unbelievable.

This game could well be here in time for launch given its just a gts respray, im not sure if buying early matters that much if its going game as service model again... Most of the launch tracks we will have played to death already, it could be massive in a couple of years by standing on gts shoulders though and hi frame rates could really change it up in gameplay/drivng accuracy.

I hope it releases on ps4 pro
they can delete ray-tracing and dynamic weather, no problem

As far as I'm aware there's never been a newly released GT game that's also been available on a previous PS console generation.

So don't hold your breath, otherwise you'll probably suffocate and die, and that would be bad for both you and us ;)

If its a launch title i cant see it being other than half baked game missing some crucial content at the moment of release.

GT Sport started out that way and it wasn’t a launch title, so I can see this being more complete and be a launch title.

Absolutely no chance of GT7 being a launch title. Q4 2021 was my bet before Covid-19 arrived, but it could be a little longer now. I know fora fact PD where to scan some cars in Europe over the last couple of months but presumably couldn't. Apply that to real circuits which could be included and it makes sense.

Seems like a ballsy take considering how Japan has operated during the covid 19 situation that not really any other place has. On top of the fact we have no idea when and how many cars they scanned and decided would be GT7 bound. That's before we talk about carry over cars from sport to 7...

Regardless, I need to set some money aside for PS5 and the most super deluxe version of GT7. This will turn the current utterly pathetic and sad 2020 into a winner at last. And I will celebrate at that time.

Yeah no. GT7 better NOT release this year, unless people wants to be beta testers yet again. Since GT5, PD has been releasing incomplete GTs at launch and using updates as a means of completing them. I'm talking about hundreds of updates, some of which that may randomly break the game and sometimes would require hot fixes, like GTS for example. Are people seriously willing to get through all of that again? I'm sure not.

How about PD instead release GT7 next year or the year after when the game is ACTUALLY COMPLETE and READY to release, because I am not falling for their trap again.

I love how many people think they know exactley what state GT7 is in in it's development so far and what the final product will be like if it releases this year, next year or the year after.

Another important point is a that longer development does not always = better. GT5 is proof of that, a big game, but not a better one than GT4 in many ways. And GT6 which came a couple of years later was arguably a worse game than GT5 despite building on GT5.

How about we all stop pretending we know how complete the game is and wait for more news rather than shouting about how incomplete or complete the game is when the reality is that none of us have a clue.

Last edited:
Yeah no. GT7 better NOT release this year, unless people wants to be beta testers yet again. Since GT5, PD has been releasing incomplete GTs at launch and using updates as a means of completing them. I'm talking about hundreds of updates, some of which that may randomly break the game and sometimes would require hot fixes, like GTS for example. Are people seriously willing to get through all of that again? I'm sure not.

How about PD instead release GT7 next year or the year after when the game is ACTUALLY COMPLETE and READY to release, because I am not falling for their trap again.
Say this game does release next year or the next or the next after. What if they decide to keep updating it monthly after? Would it still be considered incomplete to you, then?

Say this game does release next year or the next or the next after. What if they decide to keep updating it monthly after? Would it still be considered incomplete to you, then?
Hopefully not, if we're not going by PD's history on how it handles its games recently.

I'm cool with monthly updates. Just not the hundreds of updates that require to fix this or that if one breaks it.

Given that the bugs in GTS are already removed the benchmark is already higher, so it wont be so much testing this time. I agree it will be skinny at launch, likely GTS + half a dozen original gt tracks and with at least the car list of gts maybe 100 more new vehicles? Grim flashbacks to the launch of GTS for sure, but the legacy is good starting point for GT7, it could be massive after another 3 years updates who knows maybe it will last twice that and evolve over the whole generation?

Given that the bugs in GTS are already removed the benchmark is already higher, so it wont be so much testing this time. I agree it will be skinny at launch, likely GTS + half a dozen original gt tracks and with at least the car list of gts maybe 100 more new vehicles? Grim flashbacks to the launch of GTS for sure, but the legacy is good starting point for GT7, it could be massive after another 3 years updates who knows maybe it will last twice that and evolve over the whole generation?
Man, I'm hoping you're right... I can trust you more than PD. Hoping for the best. 👍

What's incomplete about GTS? They release the game the way they marketed it. An E-sport focus Gran Turismo. Except for licensing issues was there major features, modes, content that didn't make the final game?

Last edited:
If GT7 launches with every car from GTS, all PD have to do is make everything like GT4. That would have been possible to do for the past three years.

Changing AI, UI, updating original tracks, dynamic weather/ToD. Can't tell me that wouldn't be ready by December.

After GT Sport, I'm really not excited about this game. So far what I've seen would imply that GT7 is really just GTS with a proper career mode, and the original tracks that they stripped out of GTS.
I think that every member on this Planet knew GT7 is really just GTS with a proper career mode, and throw in some past tracks.

Last edited:
Back