Gran Turismo 7 Could be PlayStation 5 Launch Title, Says Official PS Magazine

Has there ever been any proof on when they started to develop GT7? People are saying it’s a rush job left and right. Maybe GT Sport has been neglected a bit because they have spent the last few years focusing on GT7. I have been waiting an eternity for the next Splinter Cell game, so I have no issue waiting 1/2/3 more years for a solid GT7. It just seems like no one knows what’s going on, but a lot of people are adamant about how it’s guaranteed to be a rush job if it’s out in 2020.

To be fair, other games with no release date also show a green dot. Probably just speculation based on game play as ratchet and clank showed and gt7 showed. As with game play reveals its usually close to release. Doubtful its at launch, my educated guess is December to March for GT7

Has there ever been any proof on when they started to develop GT7? People are saying it’s a rush job left and right. Maybe GT Sport has been neglected a bit because they have spent the last few years focusing on GT7. I have been waiting an eternity for the next Splinter Cell game, so I have no issue waiting 1/2/3 more years for a solid GT7. It just seems like no one knows what’s going on, but a lot of people are adamant about how it’s guaranteed to be a rush job if it’s out in 2020.

Technically it won't be a rush job as it used the same x86 architecture as the ps4. The base game for "GT7" GT Sport is there. They just add to it and take away. So i say maybe 3-4 years have gone into the added on development for gt7. Same as with Insomniac with Miles Morales Spiderman. Same base game just added and upgraded. Actually isn't much work as you would think with Sony sticking to the same architecture. Just my 2 cents as its my career.
I have no clue what they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's ready to be released when the PS5 launches, it should be done. If it isn't ready, it should be released later. Simple.
Agree. PD aren't known for rushing their game. They will delay it if it's necessary. If they think the game is ready by launch then why not?

After GT Sport, I'm really not excited about this game. So far what I've seen would imply that GT7 is really just GTS with a proper career mode, and the original tracks that they stripped out of GTS.
Calling it now, GT7 will have exact same car list to GTS with tiny addition like Carrera GT, only Trial Mountain and Daytona as new tracks, exact same size and number of GT Mode races as GT League (not even proper career mode then), just formatted differently, same limiting Arcade Mode, same FIA underusing, same annoying features in level, mileage, car roulette, same exact gameplay like GTS (final graphics, AI, BOP, Online penalties, etc.), with no new/returning features at all.

GT7 is just GTS with Tuning Parts and GT Auto...and the latter can be added as DLC tbh.

I'm kind of hoping GT7 isn't a launch title so they'd work on it more. With only a few months separating the trailer and the supposed release, what we've seen is probably close to what we're going to get if it's true. That being a GTS port essentially. Maybe they used a build way behind their progress in June that just used GTS assets for stability reasons or something?

Only up until this year GTS seems to have had a lot of PD's attention so I don't see them making much progress in a whole new game at the same time. I know multitasking is a thing but with PD's staff numbers and historically slow development times, this rumored launch window just doesn't line up well to me.
Well... if GT7 is launch, then potentially it's unfinished, if GT7 is delayed, then it's PD being not remarkable..... so what's the right decision tbh? (though in this era of gaming, updates can come). Probably have the delay resemble GT1-GT4 more?
GT1 wasn't delayed per se but it took them a lot longer to make than originally planned.
GT2 was delayed by, ok, only two weeks. So nothing development related probably.
GT3 was delayed by a year.
GT4 was delayed by 18 months.

Those who actually want GT7 to be delayed (geezus...), remind me. What's exactly wrong with it being a launch title and then updating it monthly like they have done with Sport?
Probably before update, to make sure that GT7 gets the best score as possible on reviews.

It's only unlikely if you look to the past.
Here are some reasons why you could consider this to be true.....
  • GT Sport is basically the same game it was when it was released. Only new tracks and cars and some minor additions. So they had enough time to develop another game alongside.
  • It's easier to develop for PS5
  • They could not get the old tracks working in GTS, that's what Kaz said before. However, they decided to not implement them after a long while and still they are not in the game. That makes me believe that they stopped trying and instead took the change to further develop them for GT 7. There is a reason they immediately showed trial mountain.
  • GT Sport is integrated in the main menu of GT7
  • No announcements of incredibly increased graphics like before
  • Focus on speed instead of graphics
  • They had time enough!!!!!
So it might be true. It's not a srrange idea to just believe it.
Where do you get that PS5 was easier to develop? PS4 was already considered very good by PD but their current work there is... And that GTS still hasn't reached 500 cars yet at the end of its lifeline as it was planned.

Calling it now, GT7 will have exact same car list to GTS with tiny addition like Carrera GT, only Trial Mountain and Daytona as new tracks, exact same size and number of GT Mode races as GT League (not even proper career mode then), just formatted differently, same limiting Arcade Mode, same FIA underusing, same annoying features in level, mileage, car roulette, same exact gameplay like GTS (final graphics, AI, BOP, Online penalties, etc.), with no new/returning features at all.

GT7 is just GTS with Tuning Parts and GT Auto...and the latter can be added as DLC tbh.

Well... if GT7 is launch, then potentially it's unfinished, if GT7 is delayed, then it's PD being not remarkable..... so what's the right decision tbh? (though in this era of gaming, updates can come). Probably have the delay resemble GT1-GT4 more?
GT1 wasn't delayed per se but it took them a lot longer to make than originally planned.
GT2 was delayed by, ok, only two weeks. So nothing development related probably.

Probably before update, to make sure that GT7 gets the best score as possible on reviews.

Where do you get that PS5 was easier to develop? PS4 was already considered very good by PD but their current work there is... And that GTS still hasn't reached 500 cars yet at the end of its lifeline as it was planned.
It's easier to develop for PS5
I gather it is in relation to car modelling. Kaz said they wouldn't have to remodel all the cars like they did for GT6->GTsport. Plus, Kaz said PS5 has much more power than PS4. Hence, no dynamic weather for GT Sport. PD, supposedly, won't run into issues the same as they've had each console generation.

I actually don't want this to be a launch title because it will be so rushed if so. I'm not expecting much if its a launch title.
Easy to be worry 'bout that since we're so used to see PD take their time with release date slipping normally.

Mark Cerny said in deep dive video that time to triangle have gone down from a month on PS4 to less than a month on PS5 that and SSD can really give them more time to polish the rest of the game and then there's the I/O controller was aimed to eliminate bottlenecks as well.
And I don't see any of the cars on GTSPORT can be fitted into used cars dealership on GT7 they will definitely have way more "normal" cars this time around,imagine a prototype Miura in used cars dealer that's not going to fly with many people.

It is very unlikely as there is nothing on the official site apart from the reveal trailer. Sony is going to have another event at least. So I guess we will know soon. I love the free updates but not really fan of this early access where basically they are releasing WIP game. Better to have a public beta version or something.

I gather it is in relation to car modelling. Kaz said they wouldn't have to remodel all the cars like they did for GT6->GTsport. Plus, Kaz said PS5 has much more power than PS4. Hence, no dynamic weather for GT Sport. PD, supposedly, won't run into issues the same as they've had each console generation.
I thought the era where they struggled was PS3? They said that PS4 with much more suitable architecture would make them really able to do and achieve what they want to do.

Easy to be worry 'bout that since we're so used to see PD take their time with release date slipping normally.

Mark Cerny said in deep dive video that time to triangle have gone down from a month on PS4 to less than a month on PS5 that and SSD can really give them more time to polish the rest of the game and then there's the I/O controller was aimed to eliminate bottlenecks as well.
And I don't see any of the cars on GTSPORT can be fitted into used cars dealership on GT7 they will definitely have way more "normal" cars this time around,imagine a prototype Miura in used cars dealer that's not going to fly with many people.
And as listed there, PD also had delays with the past GT games too (GT1-GT4). For cars in GTS, those that can be fitted into used car dealership are for example the JDMs for starters, like Supra RZ or Skyline R32, but man, for something happened in the past, the thing that I'm can be afraid of is, the UCD (and other features) being so totally underused just like Racing Modification in GT5 with so little amount of cars to fit there judging from GTS' current car count. If PD already generated way more normal car models, why aren't they in GTS? They probably could've reached the goal of 500 cars if they truly have generated those car models, but also release them all in GTS.

I know some old cars like prototype Miura can't fit, and in GT4 there was Legendary Cars/Classics part for storing cars too valuable to be in used cars dealership.

I thought the era where they struggled was PS3? They said that PS4 with much more suitable architecture would make them really able to do and achieve what they want to do.

And as listed there, PD also had delays with the past GT games too (GT1-GT4). For cars in GTS, those that can be fitted into used car dealership are for example the JDMs for starters, like Supra RZ or Skyline R32, but man, for something happened in the past, the thing that I'm can be afraid of is, the UCD (and other features) being so totally underused just like Racing Modification in GT5 with so little amount of cars to fit there judging from GTS' current car count. If PD already generated way more normal car models, why aren't they in GTS? They probably could've reached the goal of 500 cars if they truly have generated those car models, but also release them all in GTS.

I know some old cars like prototype Miura can't fit, and in GT4 there was Legendary Cars/Classics part for storing cars too valuable to be in used cars dealership.
Searching: PS5 easier for developers, a good amount of links come up. This one by gtp, mentions it'll be easier for developers.
https://www.gtplanet.net/playstation-5-specs-revealed-10-tflops-gpu-custom-3d-audio-ssd-and-more/

I know, that PD is known for late releases, but I think, that:
-late GT5 was primarily due to problems with develop engine for PS3 CELL processor and low amount of RAM - Kazunori himself said, that it was really tough
-late GTS was primarily because they need to rework everything ground up

Now, they have assets from GTS (which Kazunori said, that are ready for 8K), they have tracks (ok here maybe with lower detail than what PS5 can handle) , they have long tuned GTS mode with FIA, which they dont want to abandon and its all on x86 architecture with GPU from same manufacturer.
On top of that, they probably ditched proper GT for PS4 to be able to release it for PS5. So everything points to Sony step in and force PD to make proper GT for launch this time.

So I believe, it is possible to have it in launch windows. And I believe it doesnt mean, it will look unfinished. Now they dont have problems with slow diffrerent limiting hardware. If they do dynamic weather, some raytracing and tune some details on tracks, it could be great looking game, because on PS4pro, GTS didnt look bad in 4K.

I cannot see it being a launch title, if it was they would of said it in the ps5 console reveal. If it was me, I would release it 2022 to mark the 25th anniversary of the series

PD just showed us a teaser trailer, there will more content by the time It releses, a teaser don’t show the hole part of the game, their will be more new cars than showed in the trailer

I think it's fair to assume there will be more than a couple of extra tracks and cars and the career mode races will include the usual flavour of events with some new ones thrown in, but it's also fair to assume that the events won't be identical to those found in GT Sport.

As for the graphics, we have already seen that they are improved on GTS which is already a great looking game. Moving to the game engine and physics, if they are re-using GT Sports game engine, so what? GT1 and GT2 used the same engine, GT3 and GT4 shared an engine, GT5 and GT6.... you get my point. If GT7 shares it's engine with GT Sport that's becuase the PS5 architecture allows them to, and that's a good thing. There is no need to build a new game engine just for the sake of it, when you have a perfectly good one sitting there.

Re-using the GT Sport engine, which we are assuming is the case, but it seems like a reasonable assumption, doesn't mean the graphics, physics, AI and game features can't be improved. Of course they can. The graphics, we have already seen are improved and that's in an unfinished build of the game, but we do not know what state that build was (or the current build stage of a development for that matter), so we may see further improvements there. Doesn't bother me much either way, I think it looks good enough, it's the single player gameplay I'm really hoping for improvements in.

You say "with no new/returning features at all" and then right after say "GT7 is just GTS with Tuning Parts and GT Auto", that directly contradics your previous point, both are returning features. The Used car dealership is a returning feature, there's a hint at dynaimc weather which if it is in the game is also a returning feature (we'll have to wait and see on that one though).

You are acting irrationally, that is either deliberately to troll everyone who is actually looking forward to this game, or you have a serious dislike of PD and Gran Turismo 7 for some other reason. But even if you are right about any points such as the only 2 new tracks added to GT Sports track list being Trial Mountain and Daytona, you are just guessing right now, but I am pretty confident they won't be.

I also do not get the argument that it uses GT Sports game engine and is therefore GT Sport 2 or GT Sport+ or whatever, no one said GT2 was GT1+ or GT4 was GT3+, some people might have said GT6 was GT5- though :lol:.

Last edited:
No doubts it would be a huge system seller for Sony if this franchise is available as a launch title. It’s been a big year for sim racing too with covid and all, seen a lot of exposure.

Even if the car/track numbers aren’t massive on launch but they’ve got a quality physics model, varying time of day/weather conditions, career mode, online modes, car modifying/customising, and they then gradually flesh out the quantity of cars/tracks through free updates like they did with GT Sport, I’d be pretty cool with that.

If it comes this year it will probably be another half assed game.
I'd like to know why so few offline events in the last GTs when a game like Forza Horizon has almost too many events.
GTSport spec II was the perfect chance to include more events.
It reminds me GT6: tons of cars and tracks and like 20 offline events...

I'm kind of hoping GT7 isn't a launch title so they'd work on it more. With only a few months separating the trailer and the supposed release, what we've seen is probably close to what we're going to get if it's true. That being a GTS port essentially. Maybe they used a build way behind their progress in June that just used GTS assets for stability reasons or something?

Only up until this year GTS seems to have had a lot of PD's attention so I don't see them making much progress in a whole new game at the same time. I know multitasking is a thing but with PD's staff numbers and historically slow development times, this rumored launch window just doesn't line up well to me.

I don't understand why people say this. Just keep working on it, just keep going... No don't release it now, work on it more...
What arbitrary length of time would make you happy? How would you know it's fine to release?

I don't understand why people say this. Just keep working on it, just keep going... No don't release it now, work on it more...
What arbitrary length of time would make you happy? How would you know it's fine to release?
They have to release the game exactly 4 years or else it's going to suck.

NXWfcqK.png

Highly doubt it, although it would be a great system seller if available at launch.

I wont be picking up a ps5 until a price drop as I do with every system, usually this is somewhat down to no games which interest me at launch and I certainly never expected gt7 to release at launch.

Also the first wave of new console are always "Beta models" the ones they use to see if people find bugs they then fix secretly in the next model number.

Last edited by a moderator:
A length of time indicative of proper progression from the trailer, which just showed GTS running on the PS5. I was thinking some time next year, taking into account coronavirus possibly slowing down productivity. But if they're confident in their product by the PS5 launch, cool. I obviously know as little as everyone else about GT7's production cycle. I'm just voicing my thoughts about this based on what's been shown and PD's track record.

PD just showed us a teaser trailer, there will more content by the time It releses, a teaser don’t show the hole part of the game, their will be more new cars than showed in the trailer
Well, the assumption (I was exaggerating and being sarcastic there btw) comes from their track record in GT6, where it's like what I listed there, the addition consists of like, example, only 7 new tracks. Just afraid that GT7 will be... what I listed (though it's hyperbole), which is mostly the same as GTS but with GT Auto and Tuning and other tiny additions, like their track record from GT5 to GT6 before.

I think it's fair to assume there will be more than a couple of extra tracks and cars and the career mode races will include the usual flavour of events with some new ones thrown in, but it's also fair to assume that the events won't be identical to those found in GT Sport.

As for the graphics, we have already seen that they are improved on GTS which is already a great looking game. Moving to the game engine and physics, if they are re-using GT Sports game engine, so what? GT1 and GT2 used the same engine, GT3 and GT4 shared an engine, GT5 and GT6.... you get my point. If GT7 shares it's engine with GT Sport that's becuase the PS5 architecture allows them to, and that's a good thing. There is no need to build a new game engine just for the sake of it, when you have a perfectly good one sitting there.

Re-using the GT Sport engine, which we are assuming is the case, but it seems like a reasonable assumption, doesn't mean the graphics, physics, AI and game features can't be improved. Of course they can. The graphics, we have already seen are improved and that's in an unfinished build of the game, but we do not know what state that build was (or the current build stage of a development for that matter), so we may see further improvements there. Doesn't bother me much either way, I think it looks good enough, it's the single player gameplay I'm really hoping for improvements in.

You say "with no new/returning features at all" and then right after say "GT7 is just GTS with Tuning Parts and GT Auto", that directly contradics your previous point, both are returning features. The Used car dealership is a returning feature, there's a hint at dynaimc weather which if it is in the game is also a returning feature (we'll have to wait and see on that one though).

You are acting irrationally, that is either deliberately to troll everyone who is actually looking forward to this game, or you have a serious dislike of PD and Gran Turismo 7 for some other reason. But even if you are right about any points such as the only 2 new tracks added to GT Sports track list being Trial Mountain and Daytona, you are just guessing right now, but I am pretty confident they won't be.

I also do not get the argument that it uses GT Sports game engine and is therefore GT Sport 2 or GT Sport+ or whatever, no one said GT2 was GT1+ or GT4 was GT3+, some people might have said GT6 was GT5- though :lol:.
Events won't be identical to those in GT Sport?
There. Though at least as what I've said, I wish the events will be divided into low, mid, and high leveled (and separate the manufacturer and national events in their places). Well, at the end, what I meant is also that the events here are the "pick up events from the list and repeat" type, and I wonder why past GTs get more of a free pass for this format (and for GT5/GT6, the complaint is that the event number is small), while GTS didn't with GT League (I know there are no Championships in GT League, but is that the only value? IIRC the events in past GTs contain significantly more single races than Championships).

For others there, GT1/GT2, GT3/GT4, GT5/GT6 are all on same console. GTS is great looking on PS4, but people would expect more on PS5, entirely new console... or that this era of gaming is truly the peak of graphical improvement? And well, for using GT Sport engine, graphics/physics/features are those that already see improvement throughout the series, but AI has never been improved, or even touched by PD. It seems like a guarantee that the AI will be as horrible as before, because it's the same through the beginning of the series up to now, it seems that PD doesn't have any capabilities in that field at all, and that there are no news of turnaround of it, unlike sound where they hired an ex-Forza guy, which gives a glimpse of improving sound. Also the Used car feature, if the car addition is tiny (I hope not obviously), it could be a very underused and wasted feature for the game, which GT already did in the past, like Racing Modification in GT5, which only can be used for 17 cars, where here, if it has almost exact same car list as GTS, it will only fit cars like few JDMs here, which would seem more like unecessary separation from new and used dealership.

I actually was exaggerating and sarcastic yeah (you think I have serious dislike of GT and PD? lol... I actually feel sometimes I'm their fanboy here instead), sorry if I gave a wrong impression, had no way to mark replies as sarcastic here (other places have "/s", but dunno for here). But being cynical about PD in everything is an encouraged and rational way here (thinking that PD can suddenly make a turnover after all they do this time is like a blind hope), judging from how many times they've been disappointing, and there's a few indications that they learned from the mistakes (they've admitted their mistakes, but didn't make up with most of them). Like I said I was exaggerating in that post like only 2 track additions, but GT6 had only 7 new tracks before, and feels like GT5-, PD only started going downhill on PS3 era, so GT1 to GT2 and GT3 to GT4 doesn't really... qualify.

Last edited:
AI was best in GT1 or GT2. At least it was aggressive and would overtake you. It just needed roughly 100hp more or better tyres than yours :D
There was strong catch up system though (mainly in GT2)

People are assuming to much, no one here knows how long PD it´s working on GT7...

For those ho are relying on the past and other GT titles launch stop comparing to the actual scenario…, it´s the first time in sony console history that the transition between two diferente console generation is "smooth", in the past developers had to start from scratch when a new console was launched now they can upgrade de tools/sofware/engines along the way and use it on ps5.

Horizon forbidden west uses ultima engine that was used in first Horizon and they used a upgraded version to make Death stranding.., and now new horizon will use state of the art tools that are on top of the old sofware.., thats why they announced it to 2021...

So now we can assume PD and all other software houses are in this line, things now will be faster to release and with better quality concerning the final product.., its a continuation witch improve along the way not a start from zero like before.

If it comes this year it will probably be another half assed game.
If GT7 comes this year it should be in an excellent technical state. With plentiful content. An ideal release window to capitalise on PS5’s launch. With a full generation ahead to offer DLC/Updates.

GTS has undergone constant refinement over the past 3yrs. No better environment for refining your engine, online, services etc. Furthermore, the majority of PD’s staff, will have been freed up after GTS shipped. The modelling team would have worked with a dual purpose, GTS DLC, plus GT7 content.

Unlike a title such as HFW, where entirely new worlds, new game mechanics, need to be created. GT7 will be iterative development, building on what’s gone before, with similar architecture, improved tools.

GT7 may well not be a launch window title. But many of the development and technical reasons being put forward don’t stand upto scrutiny.

Events won't be identical to those in GT Sport?
They won't be identical though will they, because the car and track combinations won't be the same in each of them. It stands to reason that just as has been the car with the FF cars event in previous GT's, that you will be able to enter newly included FF cars on a different combination of tracks as the previous game have all done.

iI think we're saying the same thing though, if you re-read what I said here (which maybe got lost a little in the same way I've misinterpreted what you said): "it's fair to assume.... the career mode races will include the usual flavour of events with some new ones thrown in..." So I'm saying that the events will be familiar to anyone familiar with a numbered GT game, but I must stand my ground on that they won't be identical (though I understand what you meant now)..

There. Though at least as what I've said, I wish the events will be divided into low, mid, and high leveled (and separate the manufacturer and national events in their places). Well, at the end, what I meant is also that the events here are the "pick up events from the list and repeat" type, and I wonder why past GTs get more of a free pass for this format (and for GT5/GT6, the complaint is that the event number is smalasl), while GTS didn't with GT League (I know there are no Championships in GT League, but is that the only value? IIRC the events in past GTs contain significantly more single races than Championships).
That's fair enough, it's just your choice of wording in places suggests otherwise, but I do get your point here .

For others there, GT1/GT2, GT3/GT4, GT5/GT6 are all on same console. GTS is great looking on PS4, but people would expect more on PS5, entirely new console... or that this era of gaming is truly the peak of graphical improvement?
I am yet to see a single next gen game blow the previous gen away graphicallay as we saw when the PS2 replaced the PS1 etc. I don't think the next race is a graphal horsepower one, I think it's more subtle and nuanced than that.Faster loading times, better effects,larger play areas, more and faster memory to play around with etc. That said, the graphics are improved, but they aren't blowing me away. I look at the GT7 trailer and the true 4k resolution and RTRT are a huge graphical addition IMO and will become what we come to expect of the next gen. Higher fidelity and resolutions rather than more polgyons being shoved on screen at one.

The point of the previous GT games is there is no valid point in building a new game engine for the sake of it. PD obviousely built a very good engine for GT Sport, so why waste that, when it will take fewer resources and to improve on that over buiding a new game engine entirely. There is no need for a new game engine. Bear in mind the game engines ceiling doesn't have to GT Sport, I mean it clearly wasn't beucase GT7 already looks better. Even if it has a ceiling that's too low, you can modify the code in a game engine and if it's more efficient to do that than start from scrath then that is what you should do.

And well, for using GT Sport engine, graphics/physics/features are those that already see improvement throughout the series, but AI has never been improved, or even touched by PD. It seems like a guarantee that the AI will be as horrible as before, because it's the same through the beginning of the series up to now, it seems that PD doesn't have any capabilities in that field at all, and that there are no news of turnaround of it, unlike sound where they hired an ex-Forza guy, which gives a glimpse of improving sound.
Sound first, GT Sports sound is actually very good, much better than previous titles. It's not ACC levels of good, but it's very good and far surpasses past GT's. I do agree with your coment on the AI, this is my biggest worry for GT7, will the single player races feel like races or just be a case of catch the rabbit and win. I hope they shake that up.

Also the Used car feature, if the car addition is tiny (I hope not obviously), it could be a very underused and wasted feature for the game, which GT already did in the past, like Racing Modification in GT5, which only can be used for 17 cars, where here, if it has almost exact same car list as GTS, it will only fit cars like few JDMs here, which would seem more like unecessary separation from new and used dealership.
I think we can probably expect over 100 new cars over GT Sports car list. That's my ball pary and it's based on GT6 having 126 new cars over GT5 and that came 3 years after GT5 IIRC. But if you look at the number of cars PD released each year for GT Sport we can see larger volumes of cars being made. Over 3 years 156 new cars were added to GT Sport.

So if we assume development of GT7 started at least a year ago, even if it launches this year we are likely to see in the region of 100 new cars added to the car list. Maybe more, we don't really know how long they've been making GT7 assets for. It's hardly a science, but that's my thinking. If we end up with 500-ish cars I will be happy with that.

I actually was exaggerating and sarcastic yeah (you think I have serious dislike of GT and PD? lol... I actually feel sometimes I'm their fanboy here instead), sorry if I gave a wrong impression, had no way to mark replies as sarcastic here (other places have "/s", but dunno for here).
Yes, sarcasm can easilly get lost online 👍.

But being cynical about PD in everything is an encouraged and rational way here (thinking that PD can suddenly make a turnover after all they do this time is like a blind hope), judging from how many times they've been disappointing, and there's a few indications that they learned from the mistakes (they've admitted their mistakes, but didn't make up with most of them). Like I said I was exaggerating in that post like only 2 track additions, but GT6 had only 7 new tracks before, and feels like GT5-, PD only started going downhill on PS3 era, so GT1 to GT2 and GT3 to GT4 doesn't really... qualify.
I agree, the more recent numbered iterations have been disspointing, but I'm trying to be more balanced. My concerns aren't with the volume of content, it's with the singe player gameplay (AI and replayability primarily). I really hope they improve it but we will have to wait any see.

Yep you guys are right. If it is launched ps5 day one.... maybe even with a pack in boxed ps5 gt7 combo meal box then it'll just be GT Sport 1.75 on ps5... and they'll do the typical thing there all the content we saw in trailer wont be there... and they will do burst updates of 12 cars and a track every month... for like 9 months... and they will sell 8 mil. copies... and then they will drip feed updates with 3 cars no track... and it'll still have the same penalty system....

A leopard doesnt change its spots... after a decade plus and THREE console generations. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me three times, you won't get fooled again.

What is this overreaction? You dont know anything about the game yet.. The game could be GTS 2 or a brand new giant rpg like racing game like the old gran turismos.

Talking about graphics? The game isn't even close to ready, what was showed there is not how the final game looks, remember how **** GTS looked before launch? They are still working on it, and you gt fans have it easy - PD is really passionate about their game, contrary to football games and other blockbusters which only care aboout making money.. The more you give to people the more entitled they become...

What is this overreaction? You dont know anything about the game yet.. The game could be GTS 2 or a brand new giant rpg like racing game like the old gran turismos.

Talking about graphics? The game isn't even close to ready, what was showed there is not how the final game looks, remember how **** GTS looked before launch? They are still working on it, and you gt fans have it easy - PD is really passionate about their game, contrary to football games and other blockbusters which only care aboout making money.. The more you give to people the more entitled they become...

I don´t understand either…, visuals looked stunning on my 4k hdr tv even being compressed on youtube, even gt sport that its outdated compared to GT7 gameplay video still it´s one of the most cool if not the most cool car driving games on consoles in terms of visuals.

Yes GT games need couple of improvements in some areas.., like collisions physics, more FOV options, Wheel FFB improvements thats the basics that i think really need attention.

Concerning other aspects it´s a racing game that seeks a specific market and public not a pure simulation a game for the masses.

From what i see people must want spaceships / rockets and destrution derby in a racing game?
Race is straight forward…,or you either like it or not, F1 drivers every year race on same car on same tracks season after season with small changes this kind of games must follow the same rules with small incremental changes and improvements.., the wheel it´s already invented GT it´s a great racing game with more single player content will be even better and for sure will have small/big ho knows improvements lets just w8 and see.., and enjoy it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back