Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,505 comments
If only we didn't have to earn money in the game, so much fun would be had......or at least have 10 mil credits on the ps store for around £2...i`d buy a few of them...:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D

The Abarth swap tune that is posted somewhere in the PRT thread (not listed cause it was not by the OP) literally saves the car from becoming useless. I really want to give credit where it's due but for the life of me I can't search for that post again, it could not be easily searched with relevant keywords.

Besides the terrible brakes, it now has characteristics of a Porsche 911. Its oversteer becomes manageable thanks to improved stability. With the ultimate parts installed, it still stays tamed. It also has a low PP rating just like the Cappu swap. What's even better is that sports tires can be used for that tune.

I was able to do a zero stop on that Tokyo WTC600 event, with shot rear soft tires and FM6 settings. It's a must try tune.

The Abarth swap tune that is posted somewhere in the PRT thread (not listed cause it was not by the OP) literally saves the car from becoming useless. I really want to give credit where it's due but for the life of me I can't search for that post again, it could not be easily searched with relevant keywords.

Besides the terrible brakes, it now has characteristics of a Porsche 911. Its oversteer becomes manageable thanks to improved stability. With the ultimate parts installed, it still stays tamed. It also has a low PP rating just like the Cappu swap. What's even better is that sports tires can be used for that tune.

I was able to do a zero stop on that Tokyo WTC600 event, with shot rear soft tires and FM6 settings. It's a must try tune.
Could try my tune for it here pretty stable when I used it multiple times at LeMans

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s Best Engine Swaps

As of Gran Turismo 7’s 1.34 update, which arrived on May 25, the ability to swap out your car’s ordinary engine for something a bit more potent has become more widely available – if a little on the expensive side...
F40 with the Enzo has to be on this list at some point me thinks 🤔. Gives power and lots of it, while keeping the car somewhat drivable maxed out due to it being NA. One of the best RWD road cars/sports cars when fully modded in the game for sure.

I’ve pretty much bought all the swaps, except some of the brz/Toyota 86. Imo the Nissan z34 with the vk45det swap is the best for 700-800pp races and gets great fuel economy, I can easily make the 15 laps w/o pitting on sardegna. The rampage LS7 in the amuse Z is also a great car but mileage it trash. The Mazda FC with the 26b is also really good, it seems much more stable than the FD with the same swap. I also really enjoy the hr-414 swap in the 02 nsx, it’s nice having a 6 speed over the 5 speed 92 nsx. The mk1 vw rabbit with the Audi Quattro engine is the best fwd swap. Working on tuning the 89 bmw m3 with the Suzuki v8, that could be another monster but there’s not much grip. I need to dedicate some more time for drift tunes but the RE Amemiya FD with the rampage LS7 and the 32 ford with the voodoo swap are pretty fun so far, there’s just so many good options.

Last edited:
One I did the other day was incredibly fun. Toyota 86 GT Limited 16. You can also do the BRZ 18. It’s got the LT5-Corvette-C7 (C7 ZR1) engine and it’s insane. Fully maxed out it’s a beast car. All be it in a straight line.

With the right tune, NOS, tailwind and a good slipstream you might hit 500KPH I can reach 471KPH with all those mentioned above. Without I did hit 430KPH. I know you could do this swap before the update but now you can purchase everything to squeeze as much as the game will allow now. Makes a difference.

I swapped all possible cars, the good/best ones in my point of view (track):

- Audi TTS (R8): nothing really change with the stock one, the V8 power (+800hp) coming without traction problems.
- Focus RS (Ford GT LM): same as Audi TT.
- Mazda 3 (787B): good car, a bit understeer at full power.
- GR Yaris (Supra): good car, but you need to setup the car correctly, deceleration and braking will make you spin :)
- R33 (R92CP): amazing everywhere.
- R34 (R92CP): just the best swap combo... this car at full power is a train on the tracks, looks like the car can handle more and more power.
- Civic/Integra (K20): very good handling, especially the Integra, a pure track machine.
- BMW M3 '03 (Z4 GT3): easy drive, no surprises, feeling a bit "heavy" handling without tune it.
- Alfa 4C (458 Italia): a surprise, didn't expect to be a good one. Caution at 780hp, it mays kill you.
- F40 (Enzo): in fact nothing very different from the F40 engine, only the power rising. So it stays as a great MR choice.
- NSXs (NSX GT500): one of best MR at every power, handling, power delivering.
- RX7s/RX8 (787B): especially the RX-7 FC, curiously between the three, the old one handle it the best.
- Silvia S15 (Supra): one of best FR swap, very good everywhere, traction, handling.

At least, the R34 is THE one, and when I look at some lobbies, some players made that choice.

Last edited:
20970884313524966.jpg
20970509858571696.jpg

…and this was before the swap. The ZG is my second favourite.
20970644765438511.jpg

I already have a ton of engine tickets (many tonnes if going on engine weight) but when they were rare and limited I hoarded them like health packs in an open world game.

I'm going to have some fun tonight, I have the 787, LM and RX7 engines so time to molest a Mazda, corrupt a Cappucino and f.... a Ford!

Me want
HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16) engine for Honda Civic Type R 97 or 98, please

But me wait

I wish and me dream

If Ferrari FXX from GT6 is back to GT7 update then Enzo wirh FXX engine then ultimate Enzo

I know not exactly
I really want the FXX to come back, but I don't know how I'd feel about paying to swap the Enzo's F140B with another, tuned F140B, I'd definitely chuck the FXX's monster of an engine into an F50, though, or a Dino.

In the Article about the best engine swaps you mention on some cars that ceramic brakes would help. Aren't they the same, performancewise, like the racing brakes? I thought they make no sense in this game?

In the Article about the best engine swaps you mention on some cars that ceramic brakes would help. Aren't they the same, performancewise, like the racing brakes? I thought they make no sense in this game?
IDK about the article....but all my swaps have ceramics on them just for sheets and giggles.

Last edited:
Maybe something more helpful? :D
In real life the carbon brakes weigh less and have the same/similar braking power as "normal" brakes*. In gt7 it seems that the weight of these brakes is not properly simulated. There are a few threads here in the gt7 forum discussing that topic with more information & tests.

*According to different websites including boeing, some tuning/racing forums and reddit :D

There is absolutely zero difference in performance between the slotted or drilled racing brakes and the carbon ceramic brakes. This is true regardless if your car has the factory engine or has had the engine swapped.

Does anyone have a good tune for the 4 rotor swapped FD RX7? I've spent many hours trying to make mine handle well and it's been an absolute disaster. Possibly one of the worst handling cars I have. Mine is at stock weight (2800 lb) and stock power (690 hp) with widebody & chassis stiffening, front and rear downforce, customized suspension, LSD and transmission. I CANNOT find a tune that has good turn in (any turn in really) while still having a stable rear end (on or off throttle). Using RH tires.

(if not allowed to post this here, apologies)

Last edited:
@mustangxr ...

@CotillionRope is correct. It's the Magic Mountain missions you need to get all gold on to be awarded the Willy's Jeep.
Hmmm,
I just bought one from the LEGENDS showroom. Cost 30 grand, but probably worth around 2000 new in 1945.
i don't think there is permanent decrease of engine performance in this game.
as long as the conditions are on excellent, they are as good as new, either you buy it from ucd/lcd or brand new or after you perform engine maintenance.
but would be interesting to have permanent deterioration though like in GT4
No guys, I change my oil after every race, just like in real life. I use my 787B lots and there has been no degradation whatsoever in more than 2 years of racing it at LeMans and Spa. Don't worry, be happy!

Back