Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,477 comments
A period during update 1.17, last June, when a bug in the Extra Menus allowed you to receive as many Engine Tickets as you could ever want.

It was eventually patched, but of course there were fewer possible engines back then so some people ended up with a few hundred of each of most of them.
i have hundreds of engines from that time but after that i didn't get a single engine which added with later updates :(

With all currently available parts (as both of these engines have inaccessible special parts), the 2JZ maxes out at 777 HP, while the Huayra engine maxes out at 1003 HP.

Honestly, I was thinking of documenting the power each engine can make fully tuned. I don't think anyone else is tracking that.
Was half considering that myself. Only confusing thing would be the cars that can have special parts fitted... or engine swaps... or both. Some cars would have 3 different max power ratings.

Was half considering that myself. Only confusing thing would be the cars that can have special parts fitted... or engine swaps... or both. Some cars would have 3 different max power ratings.
My idea would be to make a spreadsheet with a stock power number, a fully upgraded power number, then an upgraded number including special parts (if the vehicle has special parts that can be earned). For engine swaps, I would just look up the car that the engine comes from, and check its power rating there.

I feel your pain, since the last update to this one all I've gotten is 3* and 4* not even a sniff of an old engine let alone a new one. Granted I've not played every day but I don't need the credits and getting 3* tickets adding 5-10k to the balance is hardly an incentive to try again. No engine tickets on the menu updates this time either.
Agreed. Hard to come by.

Add me in that "no new engines since bonanza" club. After that amazing time, the only non-bonanza engines I've received were 1 Rampage engine, 2 NSX engines and 1 Enzo engine. Four engines total, since the end of the bonanza. I've resorted to installing a new engine instead of changing oil on my swapped cars. Even so, I still have over 50+ of each bonanza era engine. If I believed in conspiracies, I would say PD is keeping the bonanza club members out of the new engines at all.

Add me in that "no new engines since bonanza" club. After that amazing time, the only non-bonanza engines I've received were 1 Rampage engine, 2 NSX engines and 1 Enzo engine. Four engines total, since the end of the bonanza. I've resorted to installing a new engine instead of changing oil on my swapped cars. Even so, I still have over 50+ of each bonanza era engine. If I believed in conspiracies, I would say PD is keeping the bonanza club members out of the new engines at all.
No I started 2 months ago and have only won 1 engine so far. It is ridiculous how they limit such a useful game mechanism. I could understand getting only one per week, but this rate is crap...

Surely the new topspeed king?
That nose is P O i N T Y
I wouldn't be too sure, the Silvia with BRZ swap does over 500km/h now thanks to the new update :scared: plus aero parts such as diffusers aren't common for the older cars so for such a light car, I'd imagine it skates around at speed.

I can only guess, though, as I don't have the new engines :indiff:

Just got extremely lucky today and landed myself a Nissan silhouette engine swap from a 4 star ticket!!!
Capable of 400+ km/h. YT video rendering now.

Attachments

• 20230401_095712.jpg
    20230401_095712.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 18
Only in gran turismo you can see engine swaps available in dumb tickets, every normal racing game let you buy or win these parts, but in gran turismo "the real hagerty simulator" we can only obtain by roulette's luck. It's been a while i don't see a new engine, they even removed engine ticket from extra menu's, but it's all normal for kaz and his team.

Only in gran turismo you can see engine swaps available in dumb tickets, every normal racing game let you buy or win these parts, but in gran turismo "the real hagerty simulator" we can only obtain by roulette's luck. It's been a while i don't see a new engine, they even removed engine ticket from extra menu's, but it's all normal for kaz and his team.
it would be lovely if we buy the car and rip the parts apart, even engine only could be fine to spend money on

It actually drives not bad at all. Massive turbo lag and very narrow power band. Similar to escudo swapped lancer. This however is much lighter. Fun to drive. I only got to drive it for like 15 min so far to make the video.

The Mazda Roadster '15 with the LT1-Corvette swap is even better after the update. Before the update I had tuned it for the 700PP La Sarthe grind and it had about 465hp. Now you can max it out to 664hp and stay within 700PP.

It's a blast. Even on FM6 you can reach 325 km/h on the straights and doing three laps. On FM1 you can do 340 km/h and more. It handles quite good too. Managed a sub 4 minutes lap.

On FM6 I am P1 at the end of the Hunaundieres straight on the first lap. Sure win if you are cautious with the throttle in the wet...

Last edited:
The Mazda Roadster '15 with the LT1-Corvette swap is even better after the update. Before the update I had tuned it for the 700PP La Sarthe grind and it had about 465hp. Now you can max it out to 664hp and stay within 700PP.

It's a blast. Even on FM6 you can reach 325 km/h on the straights and doing three laps. On FM1 you can do 340 km/h and more. It handles quite good too. Managed a sub 4 minutes lap.

On FM6 I am P1 at the end of the Hunaundieres straight on the first lap. Sure win if you are cautious with the throttle in the wet...
Not bad. I've been using the Escudo, which can now run power so insane that it gets to P1 just after the first chicane. Highly recommend :P If only the Evo X had 6 gears.

I have to try this...👍😂
The trick (this works with most cars but to a lesser extent) is to run max rear downforce and minimum front downforce - it massively shrinks the PP (pun intended) and allows you to run more BHP. In the Escudo's case, you can run the full 1150bhp on IM tyres. They last one lap, but the car still handles fine because of all the rear downforce keeping it stable. I finish lap 7 and then just sit at the finish line for a full 2 minutes so I don't have to do 8 laps :D

I'll have to try mine again. Thanks for the update.

It actually drives not bad at all. Massive turbo lag and very narrow power band. Similar to escudo swapped lancer. This however is much lighter. Fun to drive. I only got to drive it for like 15 min so far to make the video.
If the Lancer had a 6 or 7 speed gearbox, it would be King Kong. I found you just need to get out of first gear ASAP.

I really wish PD would either let us buy engine swaps already, or at least put some sort of staggered reward system into the daily mileage. Something like consecutive login bonuses from GT5. Give us a 3 star ticket for our first day log in and mileage, 4 star for 2nd day, 5 star for 3rd day, 6 star for 4th day and engine or parts ticket for 5th day.

They could also mess with the actual odds a little since they are pretty terrible, but I'd honestly be happy enough with the above. It at least would mean you don't have to concede that you will just probably never get to do some swaps ever. It also rewards people playing more.

Last edited:
I swapped the SR20 into the Fairlady Z 432 and it's a great little engine for the car. I don't think I'll be tuning it anytime soon because it would just ruin everything.

I really wish PD would either let us buy engine swaps already, or at least put some sort of staggered reward system into the daily mileage. Something like consecutive login bonuses from GT5. Give us a 3 star ticket for our first day log in and mileage, 4 star for 2nd day, 5 star for 3rd day, 6 star for 4th day and engine or parts ticket for 5th day.

They could also mess with the actual odds a little since they are pretty terrible, but I'd honestly be happy enough with the above. It at least would mean you don't have to concede that you will just probably never get to do some swaps ever. It also rewards people playing more.
Alternatively, they could let us buy engines. Crazy, I know.

Just got the R92CP !!!!!!

Any recommendation's
R33 or R34?

I have both with that engine, set to the same 700 PP the R34 is ~1.5s a lap faster at lemans, and is overall a more stable and balanced platform. The extra gear is nice, but that often means spending more time at higher RPMs, which uses a bit more fuel. The race engine has enough grunt to supply the R33's 5 speed box quite easily.

Honestly they are both good builds, the R34 is a better package. But go with your favourite version. I'm a R33 guy, and have few complaints.

Back