Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,475 comments
Surprised the LZ20B hasn’t found its way into the S14 Silvia ‘94, yet.

What’s going to be the most oddball swap for the Alphard? I mean, can’t let that one marinate as a bone stock.

Last edited:
Just musing: no car has more than one possible swaps, after more than a year, so we're probably never going to see the Porsche/Beetle-swap from the trailer that revealed engine swaps in the first place - and it's been replaced by the other one.

Pikes peak fits in the Vw golf mk 1
Must be a pretty big Golf.
You could call it a Golf Course
This is the best page I've read in a while :lol:

Who's tried the PP Quatro I5 in the Golf? Is it even remotely drivable? The Mini Cooper Type R certainly isn't. I can't imagine spending a fortune on giving a Mk.I GTi 5 to 7 times more power for its tiny front wheels ending in anything but tears.

Who's tried the PP Quatro I5 in the Golf? Is it even remotely drivable?
It's one of my favorite swaps to be honest. I use it to cheese the Turbo sportscar events. :lol:

Other than the understeer on throttle, and the turbo lag, you beef the transmission up and it easily leaves the competition in the dust.

The new 4 rotor Mazda 3 swap may quickly become my go to for the 30 min 700pp race at Lemans. Very easy to drive in wet or dry conditions.
Tried Mazda 3 4 rotor (I waited since the 1.31 update) for Sardegna, hell even with turbo setup on map 6 only need 2 stoppers.
Maybe if you go for NA, with map 6 and Checo-level of tyre saving maybe you can finish it without stopping
It only need the proper TCR body kit and it become TCP Magic Mad Mike's Pikes Peak car this year

Anyone tried to fit R92CP on R34? Is it good setup? Is it better than fully tuned RB26? Except for fuel consumption

The only missing is RSR engine swap on 987, and if it happens, you got yourself baby RSR or M's machine works Cayman GT3 Time attacker

Who's tried the PP Quatro I5 in the Golf? Is it even remotely drivable? The Mini Cooper Type R certainly isn't. I can't imagine spending a fortune on giving a Mk.I GTi 5 to 7 times more power for its tiny front wheels ending in anything but tears.
A nice solution would be an expansion of the wheel options in GT Auto. Make specific wheel width (I’m thinking 7-13J) an option along with staggered fitments.

And then drag radials in tyre options for sprint/drag, along with a new Super Soft slick compound for circuits.

Or, thinking laterally, drivetrain swaps. Take the mk1 GTI. That 5 cylinder is mounted longitudinally in its donor - the Pikes Peak Quattro. So depending how those clever engineers in GT Auto did the transplant into the GTI, options would be the Quattro system from the Audi Quattro if longitudinal, or Haldex from a mk5/6/7 Golf R if transverse (which aren’t in the game, so the Haldex from the Audi TTS which is the same as a mk7 R would make sense). Then you’ll have grip 😎

Just some ideas, if you’re listening, PD 😅

And apologies for briefly going off-topic.

I feel like some of the (obscure/odd) engine swaps might be reference to certain tuning/swap projects...

• 2JZ-GTE-Supra to GR Yaris: Daigo Saito's Cusco GR Yaris
  • M158-AMG-Huayra to Supra RZ '97: Top Secret V12 Supra
  • V8-Suzuki-VGT-Gr.3 to BRZ S '15: JUN Auto "Synergy V8" BRZ (car in question used Kawasaki Ninja-based V8)
  • R26B-787B to Mazda3: Mad Mike's Pikes Peak Red Bull Mazda3
  • CTR38-CTR3 to 993 Carrera RS: RUF BTR2 (lower displacement, though)
  • P65B44-Z4 to E46 M3: M3 GTR?

I feel like some of the (obscure/odd) engine swaps might be reference to certain tuning/swap projects...

• 2JZ-GTE-Supra to GR Yaris: Daigo Saito's Cusco GR Yaris
  • M158-AMG-Huayra to Supra RZ '97: Top Secret V12 Supra
  • V8-Suzuki-VGT-Gr.3 to BRZ S '15: JUN Auto "Synergy V8" BRZ (car in question used Kawasaki Ninja-based V8)
  • R26B-787B to Mazda3: Mad Mike's Pikes Peak Red Bull Mazda3
  • CTR38-CTR3 to 993 Carrera RS: RUF BTR2 (lower displacement, though)
  • P65B44-Z4 to E46 M3: M3 GTR?
Daigo Saito was 2jz swap everything LOL
The AMG was weird, like shoving 500k engine on *******
P65 was right if I'm not wrong

To me, this swap is the one must have! Have been since first uncovered in this thread. It was the first thing I treated myself to on the 25th of this month.

For the sound alone…
… in a Golf. Any Golf. Or Audi. It did not dissapoint!

But it is driveable too. I turned the output down as far as the sliders would allow and have begun setting it up for the Nordschleife. It has some lag and will kick the fronts loose when it comes in boost while taking corners on full pedal. But I’d describe it as an engaging drive, not a difficult one.

Last edited:

The Mini Type R is drivable for me. I just adjusted the downforce and found it stable

I was kind of disappointed with the performance of my 700pp Mitsubishi GTO with the Escudo swap until I looked at my lap times: I got a 3:56 final lap at Le Sarthe and I could definitely squeeze more performance out of it by playing with the gear ratios. It’s definitely a challenge managing the turbo lag without hurting the top speed too much. I was redlining in 5th gear at 205 mph but I know I can stretch it higher, just not sure how much.

Last edited:
Erm... You're incorrect, sir. The FD Spirit R gets the quad rotor
RE Amemiya FD3S = LS7
RX7 Spirit R = 26B

Edit: the RE FD with LS7 swap makes a great drift car, but it's also a decent 700pp track car with the right tune. Spirit R 26B has better mileage though.

Last edited:
Oh dear god, I personally LOVE the RSR swap for the GT3 RS. I fully tuned it with weight reduction level 5 then full ballast on front, it handles so well ! Plus it's still really light even with full ballast, it has great braking distance and it saves a lot of tires. Just don't turbo it, it will destroy the handling imo

Absolutely perfect for WTC700.

Last edited:
RE Amemiya FD3S = LS7
RX7 Spirit R = 26B

Edit: the RE FD with LS7 swap makes a great drift car, but it's also a decent 700pp track car with the right tune. Spirit R 26B has better mileage though.
I, probably like NJ72, read your initial too quickly and thought you were wrong.
Love the 26B Spirit R but haven't tried the LS7 RE FD yet, I shall fix this soon.

Back