Gran Turismo 7 Game Size?

I resent buying things like HDD so I've gotten into the habit of just deleting and juggling my games library. This one might make me bite the bullet though! I would expect 100GB + .

GT7 is going to be an absolute beast of a game in terms of file size, especially on the PS5, where you will need at least 110GB.
IMG_1636.PNG

That isn't going to be accurate on PS5 I'm quite sure. Every game is smaller on PS5 than ps4. Usually much smaller.
Well that's the quoted expected size on PS5. GT7 on PS4 will definitely be significantly larger than GT Sport (I wouldn't be surprised if it's COD-like, and PS4 users are expected to face the long copying times whenever updates are around), and with the compression on the PS5, that's how it came to be.

After all, besides COD, a Gran Turismo game on PS4 or PS5 can be a total monster of a game in terms of file size. It's just going to get bigger and bigger whenever they add in new cars, tracks, campaign races and other features through updates, to the point where at the end of the game's lifespan, it will be around 200GB.

Last edited:
Someone on /r/GT says that it was very briefly there on the store page, but now it's gone.
How "briefly" and when? There's been no changes between the last cached version at 0654 UTC today and the last Archive.org page at 0308 UTC on January 16, and the current version.

Someone on /r/GT says that it was very briefly there on the store page, but now it's gone.
So twistedvoxel wrote that article based on someone on the subreddit rather than actually seeing it themselves then, and without evidence.

Also I had to laugh whilst checking the GT sub, reminded me why I don't go there any more.

How do you compare Forza's money grinding to GT's? Personally for me, Forza's easy grind is what turns me off to play the game for a long period of time, it's just that you can finish the whole game in a few months, meanwhile GT's grinding took me a week just to buy a Ford GT (In GT4), was worth it.
An actual human being wrote that, 100% seriously. The mind truly boggles.

At any rate, I plan to uninstall GT Sport when I get GT7, as the latter will very likely render the former entirely obsolete. It's not unlike comparing GT3 to GT4, where the latter is deemed superior to its predecessor by almost all accounts. I cannot see there being any reason to keep GT Sport installed on my PS4 whatsoever.

Last edited:

And since there's a mention about PlayStation Direct talking about the size of the PS4 version in the replies:
PlayStation Direct
1-2 players. 2-20 network players. PlayStation®Plus subscription required [for online multiplayer]. 110GB minimum. DualShock®4 vibration function supported. 2 Discs. Online Play Optional. PS4 Pro Enhanced.
While it only hints at minimum storage size, this also confirms that the PS4 version will have an install and play disc.

Last edited:
Back