Gran Turismo 7 Included in Major PlayStation 5 Website Update

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 30, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. strela

strela

My cousin told me that Sernandoe is probably already playing GT7!

IXON009, Mr.Skyline09, Zona and 6 others like this.
  3. Corsa

Corsa Premium

The pizza will come out of the oven when it’s done. Patience friends.

4. Dave A

Dave A Premium

My best mates dogs friends owners sisters husband might have said something about having GT7. I don't know.

5. zeptrans

zeptrans

Hope it will be a launch game.

Sony reveals, in some country, lot in Europe for exemple, a major party of pre-command will receive PS5.
    If you want to buy a PS5 in November, they said they won't be able to deliver consoles correctly before April 2021 (their worst senarios, so surely before).

They maybe waiting, changing plans to GT7. And as a GT fanboy, GT taught me the art of patience :D

PS: 2 days ago, PlayStation shared the GT7 trailer we ever seen, with engine and menu sounds (without music).

REsuperG and Bilungo14 like this.
  6. StealthVel

StealthVel

[​IMG]
    That middle paragraph is interesting.
    So Sport Mode and FIA will also be a part of GT7. That's actually great for both classic and online players :cheers:
    upload_2020-9-30_15-36-0.png

(It should be noted that the en-gb website doesn't have a link to this page yet, but en-us does.

7. Samus

Samus

I had a look who or what sernandoe was. Boy do I wish I didn't.

8. TS050

TS050 Premium

Lol. He’s definitely not.

9. Castrol96

Castrol96

He's already got GT8 right?

IXON009, I-Runner and Doomotron like this.
  10. Nielsen

Nielsen

Despite the website update, info is still too vague to build further excitement. No real new details and screenshots on it, so it’s probably safe to say that PD hasn’t reached out to Playstation’s marketing arm since we saw Kaz reveal the game months ago.

I think we need to see some of the hard facts, such as total number of cars, locations, track variations, etc. before we can start hoping for an imminent release window.

Of course, marketing strategies aren’t static so we cannot rule out a short gap between the next info blowout and the release date. Dream scenario would be an intensifying GT7 marketing campaign spanning October and November leading up to a release in December.

But knowing PD’s usual approach to new Playstation systems, the current state of affairs could drag on well into 2021. Only source of optimism in this regard is that the PS5 in terms of architecture is largely just a much improved PS4, so anything is possible this time around.

11. juanffy18

juanffy18

So only online save game again?

IXON009 likes this.
  12. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

Given that Sony sees Gran Turismo as a tool for shifting consoles and that their upcoming new console may well be sold out this side of 2021 already, it wouldn't make an awful lot of sense to rush the game out at launch. Holiday season 2021 would be more realistic in many regards.

13. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I still think spring/summer '21.

Lubeify100, IXON009, I-Runner and 3 others like this.
  14. Zlork

Zlork

So.

GT7 will be in 4K native, 60 fps with HDR and RT.
    Hundreds cars and it will use all features of PS5 : SSD, Dual Sense and 3D audio

GTWorld15 likes this.
  15. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

I think we've both been here long enough to concede that February/March 2022 is just as likely as any of the other guesses.

i had a quick look when this was first announced to see if there was any documented time scale for previous GT tiles - First Official Announcement - Announced Release Date - Actual Release Date - but couldn't find (or couldn't be arsed to find) that data.

Doomotron likes this.
  16. Razamataz

Razamataz

I'll eat my proverbial hat if GT7 gets released at launch. Realistically I reckon around Spring 2021.

O_Maverick_O and Lubeify100 like this.
  17. Pmc4068

Pmc4068

Leave it till i got enough cash too buy a ps5 and I don't have too drool at all the hi res screenshots and the beautiful replays, but I dunno if I will if it's the same ole driving feel and lack of ffb.

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  18. Castrol96

Castrol96

Why people keep thinking it will be a launch game?

There's were alot of Typos, No menu sound effects and the race UI was entirely from GT Sport.

REsuperG likes this.
  19. MIE1992

MIE1992

Good. I'd rather have that than potentially deal with cheaters/hackers, especially when we're seeing Sport Mode and the FIAGTCs again.

20. Ant78

Ant78

And hopefully fully playable in VR!!!

ProjectF, WJHMH, Lubeify100 and 2 others like this.
  21. Aku79

Aku79

No mentions about PSVR support. It would be absolutely crazy if this game doesn't have full PSVR support.

Brzlav, Lubeify100, sirjim73 and 2 others like this.
  22. strela

strela

GT6 was announced (1st trailer) in May. Got released in December. Several trailers. An early build at GT Academy 4 months before release. Release date announced 98 days before release.

GT:Sport was announced (1st trailer) in 2016. Released in October 2017. Several trailers. Closed and open Beta. Release date announced 68 days before release.

GT7 was announced (1st trailer) in June.

Animedeaf likes this.
  23. Doomotron

Doomotron

Why would a pizza come out of the oven when GT7 releases?

polysmut likes this.
  24. juanffy18

juanffy18

June 2021 is the best release date

25. NickXP

NickXP

That was more than 3 months ago. I am sure 200 employees working on a game can fix some typos and sound effects relatively quickly

26. ElieTheStig

ElieTheStig

20200930_125605.jpg

I have a lot of PlayStation 5 (with only Gran Turismo 7 shown) ads in my Facebook news feed as if it was a launch title to buy the console but no date at all in the ad itself.

27. Corsa

Corsa Premium

It was an, oh never mind.

SSAuto, Doomotron and ElieTheStig like this.
  28. GBalao888

GBalao888

Hopefully not, and I also hope Brand Central, its museum feature, My Library mode and the ability to use content downloaded from Discover mode don't require a mandatory online connection.

The features that will definitely require a mandatory online connection would be the following:
    • Access to Discover mode, as well as the ability to download and publish content such as replays, photos, liveries and decals from there
    • Buying cars directly from the PS Store instead of in-game credits
    • Daily Login Bonus (if it returns)
    • Daily Workout progress
    • Mileage Exchange
    • Online multiplayer (requires PS Plus)
    • Social features and interaction
    • Sport mode (GT Sport Live - also requires PS Plus)
    • Viewing a manufacturer's channel and/or official website in Brand Central

tttao and Animedeaf like this.
  29. TS050

TS050 Premium

Fire is hot

ImaRobot likes this.
  30. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

Piggybacking off of this. Both Instagram and Facebook are LITTERED with the same advertisement from PlayStation talking about the adaptive triggers with Gran Turismo 7. This has been a constant since like a week after the official trailer was initially released to the public.