Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 30,938 comments
Australia
Sydney
snakebacon97
I kinda understand whats happening in this update. Kaz is introducing a new type of car that is invisible and untangible, it's a VGT collaboration with the National Quantum Physics Institute.
Ah, that explains the apparent "non-car" that was (not?)seen silently wafting around courses in attract screen demos by many players including myself after last July's update.
I'm keen for the official reveal, though the car likely won't be the same once I observe it. :D

United Kingdom
England
skells22
BreezySkells2
Plus there still another weekend of January coming up plus maybe everyone getting s bit too worked up over on the lack of update tweet

Last edited:
Slovakia
Slovakia
Looking back, Kaz has posted a few silhouettes on Monday.

This is my last cope...
cliphy-emotions.gif

Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
For those freaking out about possibly no updates this month, the months without GT Sport updates (up until February 2020, the last active update month for that game) were:
  • June 2018
  • February 2019 (made up by two updates in March because of the SF19)
  • January 2020

Scotland
Scotland
islaygaz
I'm wondering what will happen with the lcd and ucd when gt7 reaches the end of it's life cycle and the servers are shut down...
I hope somebody from the future will answer that :D
I’m guessing that GT8 will have been out for quite a while before 7s servers are shut down so PD will likely just switch them off and that’s that!

United Kingdom
London
DEAD_DULLAH123
hyperspeed980
And I’m guessing Kaz had a good weekend and just woke up: ああスナップ!その月曜日。ボタン押し忘れ。
Nah, more like this:

この『グランツーリスモ7』の実験は終了しました。 PS VRのアップデートが最後になります。

お時間をいただき、ご理解いただきありがとうございます。 2029年公開の『グランツーリスモ8』にご期待ください !

United Kingdom
Druids Bend
Z4E_Midnight85
So how many here have tickets that they were holding for the next update but will now expire? I have a few that I was saving for the next update and hoping it came before the jan 26.:(
I have 6 I'm holding onto, one which expires on the 27th, the rest start expiring from the 31st. No biggie though, just need to accept what's in the current batch of tickets! Still, won't open until I know there's no update coming.

Baka_Marimo

I am thou, thou art I.
Premium
Turkey
Turkey
So how many here have tickets that they were holding for the next update but will now expire? I have a few that I was saving for the next update and hoping it came before the jan 26.:(
I have eight, two of them with engines I don't need and another five with low value cars. The last one is a tuning part I already have. But it's fine, new tickets are coming in as old ones are going out :)
Plot twist it means we'll get a huge update in February, with 10 cars, grand Valley etc.....
Spec 2.0 for the 1st anniversary with a new GT MODE
Hope is the beginning of every tragedy.

Poland
Gdynia
MroczMR
Well... the whole PSVR2 thing will happen next month so we are actually getting big update, just not for everybody.

Poland
Gdynia
MroczMR
Remember that first content update with Spa 24h layout and subaru brz gt300 was on Monday? Nothing is lost yet, maybe we will get this month update a bit later.

Last edited: