Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
I use the Sprinter S.S. to replicate the Tec-Arts N2 AE86 and the normal Sprinter, as the ADVAN replica and other N2 Sprinters.

VGT cars are nonsense, plus some weird useless Gr.3/Gr.4 cars, so i would say GT7 has ~390 in total. Plus not all tracks even support dynamic time of day and have rain in GT7, unlike in Forza.

Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo 2017
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode
Mercedes-AMG GT Safety Car
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4
Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo
Audi Vision Gran Turismo
BMW M4 Gr.4
BMW M4 Safety Car
BMW M6 GT3 Endurance Model '16/BMW M6 GT3 Sprint Model '16
BMW Vision Gran Turismo
GT by Citroën Gr.4
DAIHATSU COPEN RJ Vision Gran Turismo
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car
Dodge Viper Gr.4
SRT Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4
Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car/Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Ford Mustang Gr.3
Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car
Ford Mustang Gr.4
Red Bull X2014 Junior/
Genesis G70 GR4
Genesis X GR3
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97/Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) Touring Car
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '95/Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '98
Honda NSX Gr.4
Honda NSX Gr.B Rally Car
Honda Sports Vision Gran Turismo
Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
Hyundai Genesis Gr.4
Hyundai Genesis Gr.B Rally Car
Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo
Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
Infiniti CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo
Jaguar F-type Gr.4
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Roadster
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo SV
Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo
Lamborghini Huracán Gr.4
Lexus LF-LC GT "Vision Gran Turismo"
Lexus RC F GT3 prototype '16
Lexus RC F Gr.4
Mazda Atenza Gr.4
Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car
Mazda Atenza Gr.3
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Mazda RX-Vision '15
McLaren 650S Gr.4
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
MINI Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition G
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo
Nissan CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
Nissan GT-R Gr.B Rally Car
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18/Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car
Nissan GT-R Safety Car
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) Touring Car
Peugeot RCZ Gr.4
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3
Peugeot L750R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017
Peugeot L500R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017
PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo
PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95
Porsche 917 Living Legend
Porsche Vision Gran Turismo
Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy '16/Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy '15
Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy Safety Car
Renault Sport Mégane Gr.4
Renault Sport R.S.01 '16
Subaru WRX Gr.4
Subaru WRX Gr.3
Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3 Version)
Suzuki Swift Sport KATANA Edition Gr.4
Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19/Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19
Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car
Toyota 86 GRMN '16
Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16
Toyota Crown Athlete G Safety Car
Toyota FT-1
Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Toyota GR Supra RZ '20/Toyota GR Supra RZ '19
Toyota S-FR Racing Concept '16
Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) '00/Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) '83
Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3
Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo
Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran TurismoVolkswagen GTI Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3

Just tell me that these cars aren't useless and could be replaced with anything else existing in this world
This list is insane.

Sure, I'll give you the duplicate cars and some of the VGTs. But to pretend that every single fictional race car in this game is a useless burden on the car list is utterly ridiculous.

Where were you during the PS3 days? When cars like the S2000 and MX-5 were not only separated into dozens of trim variants, but several regional variants on top of that? Compared to the amount of dupes there were back then, the new games almost feel refreshing.

Also, cars like the 917 and RX-Vision were actual real-life concept cars. You can't even equate them to the VGTs.

What's weirder is that the newly revamped High Speed Ring literally has a kart track visible inside Turn 2, but we can't drive on it. Here's how it drives:

Very interesting. How did you get to where that track is? Is there a way to get out of bounds on High Speed Ring? I can see where the kart track is, but I can't figure out how to get there.

Very interesting. How did you get to where that track is? Is there a way to get out of bounds on High Speed Ring? I can see where the kart track is, but I can't figure out how to get there.
It's not my video :P
As far as I know, it's only accessible through hacking the game. The channel that posted the vid is a pretty infamous GT7 hacker/dataminer that's showed up in this forum a few times.

This list is insane.

Sure, I'll give you the duplicate cars and some of the VGTs. But to pretend that every single fictional race car in this game is a useless burden on the car list is utterly ridiculous.

Where were you during the PS3 days? When cars like the S2000 and MX-5 were not only separated into dozens of trim variants, but several regional variants on top of that? Compared to the amount of dupes there were back then, the new games almost feel refreshing.

Also, cars like the 917 and RX-Vision were actual real-life concept cars. You can't even equate them to the VGTs.
"Just tell me that these cars aren't useless and could be replaced with anything else existing in this world", just tell me that someone actually drives Ferrari 458 GT4 car or Lamborghini Huracan GT4 and it's not a part of esports, just tell me and also I admit that some cars are cool and such, so that's why I said ~390 which still makes my point stand, you could have any proper car instead of these ones, just anything. Fictional indy car, LMP2/LMP3 car, 60's/70's F1 car in that regard.

Also we're here talking about GT7 and not ps3 era of games, just to let you know.

Last edited:
I like them aswell , if you don't thats your taste but doesn't mean they are all useless , some EVs sure for endurance (which they aren't made for)

also 20 tracks with fully dynamic time/weather is better than having 36 tracks 🤔 - maybe for you but i would rather have more than less but i digress

also 20 tracks with fully dynamic time/weather is better than having 36 tracks 🤔 - maybe for you but i would rather have more than less but i digress
20 locations, not 20 tracks. Each location can have multiple layouts like the historic Laguna Seca they talked about.

Still scratching my head as to why PD thinks it never rains in America. Why add tracks like Watkins or Road Atlanta as post launch DLC without dynamic weather?

Still scratching my head as to why PD thinks it never rains in America.
There's no way they think that. It's been said here many times but of course that simply couldn't be the case.

They'd have their reasons. Delay doesn't mean denial so I'm hopeful we'll see the promised land with all tracks one day.

20 locations, not 20 tracks. Each location can have multiple layouts like the historic Laguna Seca they talked about.

Still scratching my head as to why PD thinks it never rains in America. Why add tracks like Watkins or Road Atlanta as post launch DLC without dynamic weather?
That's why i said tracks not layouts , so according to gt-engine.com: GT7 - 36 Locations / 44 Tracks / 104 Layouts

as for reason why there is no rain in those tracks? your guess is good as mine , maybe it requires more work than day and night cycle

Last edited:
There's no way they think that. It's been said here many times but of course that simply couldn't be the case.

They'd have their reasons. Delay doesn't mean denial so I'm hopeful we'll see the promised land with all tracks one day.
I could understand if they ran out of time on the tracks that shipped with the game. But post launch DLC tracks (that both happen to be in America) missing one of the game's headlining features?

Last edited:
100% Unofficial translated statement:
"The particle simulation for Gran Turismo 7 can so far only produce Japanese and European rain. American rain has a different shape, and the team is currently modelling upstate New York rain, captured using Sony cameras and a bucket-like device.

With this quest for detail, it's taking a long time. The many raindrops of Europe aren't fully finished yet either, Dragon Trail Gardens even uses placeholder Belgian rain from Spa! Many players can't tell the difference, but we can."

Last edited:
Know what just hit me after doing the daily mileage thing what if pd did a set daily mileage ticket.

I was thing something like.

150 Miles gets you a 3 star ticket 100% daily
700 Miles gets you a 4 star ticket 100% daily
1500 Miles gets you a 5 star ticket 100% daily
3000 Miles gets you a 6 star ticket 100% daily

It would in courage more playing time from players.

Of course not everyone will always get each mileage but at least it guarantee the player a good reward for playing the game longer on a daily basis.

:)

Know what just hit me after doing the daily mileage thing what if pd did a set daily mileage ticket.

Of course not everyone will always get each mileage but at least it guarantee the player a good reward for playing the game longer on a daily basis.

3000 miles in one day ?

Why not just go by collector level instead?

Last edited:
image.png

Nice to see the GT-ONE in a game again. I hope GT brings it back soon enough.

To be honest if FM launches with iconic GT cars that not even GT has, there'll be a bit of egg on PD's face.
Don't forget the Peugeot 905 and BMW V12 LMR. 😔

As far as I know, it's only accessible through hacking the game.
Dammit man, and here I was hoping for a moneygrinding breakthrough.

3000 miles for a six-star is way too much. If a system like this was implemented I would probably stop doing the daily workout entirely. I mean, I can barely motivate myself to do the 26 miles every day. Also, I did a quick test and found that the Tomahawk takes about 1 minute and 30 seconds to cover 10 miles on SSRX, so even with that (extremely monotonous) setup it would take about seven and a half hours to hit the 3000 mile goal.

Edit: Maybe if you crossed out a zero and changed it to kilometers, it would work. A six star ticket is a substantial reward, so I'd probably be willing to do 300 km a day for that.

Last edited:
Back