Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,300 comments
VGT cars are nonsense, plus some weird useless Gr.3/Gr.4 cars, so i would say GT7 has ~390 in total. Plus not all tracks even support dynamic time of day and have rain in GT7, unlike in Forza.

Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo 2017
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode
Mercedes-AMG GT Safety Car
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4
Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo
Audi Vision Gran Turismo
BMW M4 Gr.4
BMW M4 Safety Car
BMW M6 GT3 Endurance Model '16/BMW M6 GT3 Sprint Model '16
BMW Vision Gran Turismo
GT by Citroën Gr.4
DAIHATSU COPEN RJ Vision Gran Turismo
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car
Dodge Viper Gr.4
SRT Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4
Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car/Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Ford Mustang Gr.3
Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car
Ford Mustang Gr.4
Red Bull X2014 Junior/
Genesis G70 GR4
Genesis X GR3
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97/Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) Touring Car
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '95/Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '98
Honda NSX Gr.4

Honda NSX Gr.B Rally Car
Honda Sports Vision Gran Turismo
Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
Hyundai Genesis Gr.4

Hyundai Genesis Gr.B Rally Car
Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo
Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
Infiniti CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo
Jaguar F-type Gr.4
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Roadster
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo SV
Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo
Lamborghini Huracán Gr.4
Lexus LF-LC GT "Vision Gran Turismo"
Lexus RC F GT3 prototype '16
Lexus RC F Gr.4
Mazda Atenza Gr.4

Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car
Mazda Atenza Gr.3
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Mazda RX-Vision '15
McLaren 650S Gr.4
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Gr.1
MINI Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition G
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo
Nissan CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
Nissan GT-R Gr.B Rally Car
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18/Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car
Nissan GT-R Safety Car
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) Touring Car
Peugeot RCZ Gr.4

Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3
Peugeot L750R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017
Peugeot L500R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017
PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo
PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95
Porsche 917 Living Legend

Porsche Vision Gran Turismo
Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy '16/Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy '15
Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy Safety Car
Renault Sport Mégane Gr.4
Renault Sport R.S.01 '16
Subaru WRX Gr.4
Subaru WRX Gr.3

Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3 Version)
Suzuki Swift Sport KATANA Edition Gr.4
Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19/Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19
Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car
Toyota 86 GRMN '16
Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16
Toyota Crown Athlete G Safety Car
Toyota FT-1
Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Toyota GR Supra RZ '20/Toyota GR Supra RZ '19
Toyota S-FR Racing Concept '16
Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) '00/Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) '83
Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3
Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo
Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran TurismoVolkswagen GTI Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3

Just tell me that these cars aren't useless and could be replaced with anything else existing in this world
I’ve bolded everything I find ridiculous.

I can understand not wanting near-duplicates or fictional cars, but seriously, an EK9 Type R or AE86 is useless? You don’t think a Mk V supra or Lancer Evo X should be in the game? The up-to-date Superformulas??? Half the race cars you listed are real race cars, and the ones that aren’t were based on real road cars and designed for the game in partnership with the manufacturers following existing categories and regulations.

There is very little similarities in performance and driving feel in a road car to a GT4 car, and even less in physical and mechanical similarities to a GT3 car, and the touring car variants of some older cars have significantly altered chassis for track purposes that make them substantially different to their road car counterparts. All of the race cars (even VGTs) help diversify the racing grids and provide offerings from brands that don’t normally have race cars. The only ones I personally don’t like are the VWs due to their unusual/incongruent styling and interiors.

Are this consistent lap times?

Gran Turismo® 7_202301272149473.png

I can tell which ones involved traffic. :lol:
Pit stop.

That was the 1 hour of spa which was even worst as I didn't know what the credit limit was and I did that race already being at the limit. :banghead:

1.5m Down the drain.

What got me was my credits were at 100,035,528 and I thought it went up to 102m for some reason.

Are this consistent lap times?

View attachment 1226521
Pit stop.
That's the red one yes, but you've got a laptime variance of 2.1 seconds in a 2.3-minute lap - 1.5%.

If that's not due to traffic, then no, this are not consistent lap times.

What got me was my credits were at 100,035,528 and I thought it went up to 102m for some reason.
"Free" credits - those you win - can only go up to 100,000,000cr. Paid credits have no official limit - although I bet they'd top out at 9,223,372,036,854,775,807cr (minus any "free" credits) if you had enough money to get that far.

Last edited:
Pit stop.

That was the 1 hour of spa which was even worst as I didn't know what the credit limit was and I did that race already being at the limit. :banghead:

1.5m Down the drain.

My credit limit is 101M, probably because I bought the 25th Anniversary disc that came with the 917 Living Legend, Mazda RX-Vision, Tom's GT500 and 1.1M credits.

Pit stop.

1.5m Down the drain.

102m !
5 speed 2.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the AI cars,are going the opposite direction that you are, did they all spin out or did you spin? Also looks like too many AI cars.
It's definitely neither of those things, everyone is going anti-clockwise around the track.

It looks like the 3rd lap time and the time that flashes up in the centre of the screen don't match, he's clearly just started lap 4 but the lap time for lap 3 on the right is 1:39.996 whereas the timer in the middle is 1:40.012.

I had pre-ordered the game thinking that there would be big updates like in Gran Turismo Sport instead I find myself with a game that is not worth the full price, with very small updates or even none this month, it could have been sold as an expansion of Gran Turismo Sport, at least you could use the new cars in GT League events. In the last 2 months I started it 10 minutes just to see the few cars added, in this period I'm playing Forza Motorsport 4 which despite being 11 years old is much more fun than GT7, yesterday I restarted Forza Motorsport 7 which despite being from 2017 is much superior, events for each category of cars that are missing in GT7, wide choice of cars
Next time surely i Will wait months before buy next Gran Turismo crap.

I had pre-ordered the game thinking that there would be big updates like in Gran Turismo Sport instead I find myself with a game that is not worth the full price, with very small updates or even none this month, it could have been sold as an expansion of Gran Turismo Sport, at least you could use the new cars in GT League events. In the last 2 months I started it 10 minutes just to see the few cars added, in this period I'm playing Forza Motorsport 4 which despite being 11 years old is much more fun than GT7, yesterday I restarted Forza Motorsport 7 which despite being from 2017 is much superior, events for each category of cars that are missing in GT7, wide choice of cars
good for ya

Valid point. SONY+PD should've kept GT7 exclusive for PS5 & PSVR2.

It really is dark out here in these GT streets right now, at least until the big VR update.

If only we were blessed with a wide variety of weekly/bi-weekly events to keep us busy until then. Perhaps one might even go so far as to call them SEASONAL events... 🤔🤔🤔

Nah, that's ridiculous. PD would never come up with a genius idea in one game only to scrap it forever.

It really is dark out here in these GT streets right now, at least until the big VR update.

If only we were blessed with a wide variety of weekly/bi-weekly events to keep us busy until then. Perhaps one might even go so far as to call them SEASONAL events... 🤔🤔🤔

Nah, that's ridiculous. PD would never come up with a genius idea in one game only to scrap it forever.
Yeah but even with VR…it is going nice the first week…and then? Just keep doing the same stuff like we did the pas year? In 10 minutes they coukd change the game and finally gave us events so we can use the full roaster of cars

It's definitely neither of those things, everyone is going anti-clockwise around the track.

It looks like the 3rd lap time and the time that flashes up in the centre of the screen don't match, he's clearly just started lap 4 but the lap time for lap 3 on the right is 1:39.996 whereas the timer in the middle is 1:40.012.
I see this happen often, the lap that ultimately flashes up on screen will be slightly less than the running clock, I have had it happen a lot on license tests.

Back