Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,290 comments
Speaking of graphics, I wonder what downgrades, if any, are needed in GT7 to get it to work in PSVR2.

And if so, will those downgrades also be applied to the base game outside of VR?
For PS VR2 they'll use different rendering methods & techniques. IE foveated rendering focus's the GPU's resources on where your eyes are looking. In PS VR2 the area you're looking at will be sharp, but if you take a screenshot, you'll notice pixelation at the edges. We'll have to see if they also use dynamic resolution, not something we've seen in the base game.

FM8 not blowing away GT7 means GT8 will probably be a minor increment on the visuals too. It seems like this is the way it is nowadays. Gone are the PS3 or PS4 generations where the difference was overwhelming between cross gen and fully current gen
We will get generation ahead if we compare gt7 psvr2 vs gt sport psvr1 😌

FM8 not blowing away GT7 means GT8 will probably be a minor increment on the visuals too. It seems like this is the way it is nowadays. Gone are the PS3 or PS4 generations where the difference was overwhelming between cross gen and fully current gen
It was kinda bound to happen at some point, we've gotten spoiled by the quantum leaps but those have been gotten smaller and smaller and smaller. We're at a point where its effectively impossible to really make a massive difference from previous works and unless anyone actually does something incredible with something entirely new, we're just gonna have to accept that those leaps are now just a minor step up or that they simply don't exist anymore.

Last edited:
Just reached a little milestone. :)
Gran Turismo® 7_20230125212046.jpg

Last edited:
Folks really acting like PD will care that much when it never made a difference before. You enjoy what you are seeing so far with Forza Motorsport, cool. But let's stop acting because finally a mainline Forza game is coming this year that PD better act fast, because that has never happened the entire time Forza existed and I see no signs that it suddenly will now.
The time when it should have happened was GT5/FM4, where GT5 released as a broken mess and FM4 is widely regarded as the best game in the Motorsport series.

Polyphony didn't care, they just put out GT6.
I'm not sure what a game would have to do to blow away something like GT7. It's a good looking game, and even when comparing to real world photographs it's not a huge gulf.

Realistically at this point, it's more about artistic choices than it is about visual fidelity and realism. Polyphony has a certain style with their lighting, bloom and colour grade. So does Forza. I think those make more of a difference than extra polygons or whatever.

FWIW, I like Polyphony's colour grading more, although I think they could turn down the bloom a bit. But Forza will be on PC, so even though I don't really like their high contrast approach, I get to change it to what I think looks better with Reshade or other tools.

As this happen to anyone else I was doing the Sardegna race when at lap 13 I noticed one of the cars going super slow like around 25 30mph but that car never pitted and I passed him 2 times. I never seen that happen before.

Any idea why that car was going so slow for almost 2 laps?

Last edited:
As this happen to anyone else I was doing the Sardegna race when at lap 13 I noticed one of the cars going super slow like around 25 30mph but that car never pitted and I passed him 2 times. I never seen that happen before.

Any idea why that car was going so slow for almost 2 laps?
Yeah it happens at Le Mans aswell. Been like it since last update I think

Basically if an AI misses a pitstop and run out of fuel, they'll just limp along and never know to pit again.
Yes that could be it but then why doesn't the game just retired that car? In pcars 2 when a ai car run out of fuel that car would be retired out of the race for good.

Either way its pretty funny at the end there was a line of like 6 cars behind this viper trying to get by. :lol:

:)

Last edited:
Yes that could be it but then why doesn't the game just retired that car? In pcars 2 when a ai car run out of fuel that car would be retired out of the race for good.

Either why its pretty funny at the end there was a line of like 6 cars behind this viper trying to get by. :lol:

:)
The most annoying bit is the ridiculously polite behaviour of the AI cars when it comes to passing each other. It's so easy to catch up to a car that's leading a race when they get "stuck" behind much slower back-markers. Yet when they're alongside you, you're invisible and a blatant target when they see you. It's rather annoying...

It's great when there's competition between developers, I'm sure the new Forza Motorsport will push PD. What's increasingly clear is we aren't going to get big generational leaps forward. I was expecting to be blown away, but there's some very mediocre lighting and car modelling in this trailer. Extremely limited details on physics, race features, and so on. More to come tomorrow.

No release date is also disappointing, GT7 will have been on the market for 18 months.

500+ cars at launch

20+ racing environments

At this moment, how many tracks and cars have GT7?

At this moment, how many tracks and cars have GT7?
455 cars and 36 tracks...

so cars are pretty much on par... before Forza will come out there will be more updates and we can get close to 500 (expecting it in the end of 2023 bacause of no date on showcase)
but tracks.. well much more on GT7 side.

Last edited:
455 cars and 36 tracks...

so cars are pretty much on par... before Forza will come out there will be more updates and we can get close to 500 (expecting it in the end of 2023 bacause of no date on showcase)
but tracks.. well much more on GT7 side.
Forza is cutting on cars. They had 700+ on the release of fm7. Now they dropping to 500+. I hope at least the physics are improved.

T10 may be withholding content prior to FM8's release.

The DLC that will come post-launch should be very robust, themed and adding tracks very often. This could be a marketing ploy against the PD-GT7's method of updating, conveying the message to the public that its DLCs are richer and more complete.

I don't know. I'm just speculating on the variety of cars and tracks that FM has always featured in relation to GT. In any case, FM8 will serve to increase the charge on PD.

Some might think PD doesn't care, but I think PlayStation Studios cares a lot, and the fan community will have a real benchmark to criticize negatively or positively GT7.

Last edited:
The DLC that will come post-launch should be very robust, themed and adding tracks very often. This could be a marketing ploy against the PD-GT7's method of updating, conveying the message to the public that its DLCs are richer and more complete.
Classic Forza updates. "Remember how u got those cars as DLC in the last game? Here's another chance to get the exact same cars (we didn't remodel it)!"

Hey guys, weird super-OCD question. 🤪

Since launch back in March 2022 I have made it my goal to collect each LCD and UCD car in it’s “default“ colour directly from the UCD/LCD without painting the car (so that the paint name is also visible in the garage for most cars - which is not the case when you paint it yourself).

What I consider the “default “ colour is the colour that is also used in the car collection screen. And if there is confusion, many times it’s the same as what the default colours was in GT Sport, when retro, classic & vintage cars could just be purchased and then the default colour is the one that’s selected when you go to the car at the dealer.

Now today the Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) ‘95 showed up in Schwarz Metallic. I already own this car in plain Schwarz and always thought this was the default colour (in the car collection screen it’s a black car), not knowing there would be a Schwarz Metallic as well. You can also see on GT Wiki (https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Porsche_911_Carrera_RS_(993)_'95) they don’t even know which are all the colours and need to wait and see as the car appears each time around.

But form plain eye sight I cannot differentiate which Schwarz (normal or Metallic) is used in the car collection screen. Is there a way to find this out?

The car is not available in GT Sport so that’s not an option to check.

Hey guys, weird super-OCD question. 🤪

Since launch back in March 2022 I have made it my goal to collect each LCD and UCD car in it’s “default“ colour directly from the UCD/LCD without painting the car (so that the paint name is also visible in the garage for most cars - which is not the case when you paint it yourself).

What I consider the “default “ colour is the colour that is also used in the car collection screen. And if there is confusion, many times it’s the same as what the default colours was in GT Sport, when retro, classic & vintage cars could just be purchased and then the default colour is the one that’s selected when you go to the car at the dealer.

Now today the Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) ‘95 showed up in Schwarz Metallic. I already own this car in plain Schwarz and always thought this was the default colour (in the car collection screen it’s a black car), not knowing there would be a Schwarz Metallic as well. You can also see on GT Wiki (https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Porsche_911_Carrera_RS_(993)_'95) they don’t even know which are all the colours and need to wait and see as the car appears each time around.

But form plain eye sight I cannot differentiate which Schwarz (normal or Metallic) is used in the car collection screen. Is there a way to find this out?

The car is not available in GT Sport so that’s not an option to check.
This is really cool. I love how people play the game in different ways.

Watching the Forza presentation makes me wonder if the car choices for the Laguna Seca segment was a "taunt" to PD. The E30, Sierra RS500, and NA Miata are cars that're in GT7. In the presentation they included the 190E Evo II, which was last seen in GT6, and was found in the datamined list for GT7.

Is this T10's way of saying: "Guys look at the 190E that's not in the other game, with high fidelity and a fully working interior!"

If PD ever got around to make a February update, the bossiest move (that I can think of) will be adding the 190E to GT7.

But hey, one can only dream, right?

In that Forza trailer a few pages back, OK the replays look nice, but the rear view of the car / in gameplay looks poor & reminds me out a game from years ago ............

outrun-genesis-3.jpg
Just going to put this out there. A Testarossa convertible flying down a track like Cote' D'azur with "Sunset" as the chosen weather, and detail from the PS5 would totally convince me there's an Outrun reboot coming out. :sly:

Watching the Forza presentation makes me wonder if the car choices for the Laguna Seca segment was a "taunt" to PD. The E30, Sierra RS500, and NA Miata are cars that're in GT7. In the presentation they included the 190E Evo II, which was last seen in GT6, and was found in the datamined list for GT7.

Is this T10's way of saying: "Guys look at the 190E that's not in the other game, with high fidelity and a fully working interior!"

If PD ever got around to make a February update, the bossiest move (that I can think of) will be adding the 190E to GT7.

But hey, one can only dream, right?
That’s a ridiculous thought process.

Back