Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
This.

Knock the collector's level about one hundred more levels, and every 50th level knocks out a Star from the rotation.

150 would guarantee 5 star days forever. :sly:
If we get collector levels that high, I wanna be raking in 6-star tickets of all varieties every day. GT7 would become Forza Horizon at that point. :sly:

Last edited:
Is that turn signal lamp glued on?

then again, it's a BMW. :lol:
Sure looks it.
6698-1.jpg

Last edited:
Having a track (Interlagos) in São Paulo of all places and not having rain options is surely weird 😐
Time of day options are clearly baked and use interpolation to transition, hence the inability to put your headlights on. And also why not all tracks have full 24h TOD. So there’s no fully dynamic lighting system in place.

So this makes me wonder if it’s the same for weather. Just baked presets that interpolate.

Time of day options are clearly baked and use interpolation to transition, hence the inability to put your headlights on. And also why not all tracks have full 24h TOD. So there’s no fully dynamic lighting system in place.

So this makes me wonder if it’s the same for weather. Just baked presets that interpolate.

This video shows rain enabled on a North American track by hacking the console, but it's missing a lot of stuff - puddles on the track, headlight reflections on the track surface, the tire trails behind the car, etc. So I assume they have to do manual work to get this stuff functioning properly, and that's the reason we haven't seen full weather on a bunch of tracks yet.

Definitely for the weather. The drying line is baked and doesn't change regardless of where cars drive.

This video shows rain enabled on a North American track by hacking the console, but it's missing a lot of stuff - puddles on the track, headlight reflections on the track surface, the tire trails behind the car, etc. So I assume they have to do manual work to get this stuff functioning properly, and that's the reason we haven't seen full weather on a bunch of tracks yet.

Definitely for the weather. The drying line is baked and doesn't change regardless of where cars drive.
Pretty disappointing how non-dynamic GT7 actually is. Peek behind the curtain and it’s all smoke and mirrors.

Pretty disappointing how non-dynamic GT7 actually is. Peek behind the curtain and it’s all smoke and mirrors.

Not going to be nitpicky about that. But has there been dynamic track drying conditions in any other racing game? You'd think with Kaz's attention to detail, PD would be the ones to take a crack at it.

Know what just hit me after doing the daily mileage thing what if pd did a set daily mileage ticket.

I was thing something like.

150 Miles gets you a 3 star ticket 100% daily
700 Miles gets you a 4 star ticket 100% daily
1500 Miles gets you a 5 star ticket 100% daily
3000 Miles gets you a 6 star ticket 100% daily

It would in courage more playing time from players.

Of course not everyone will always get each mileage but at least it guarantee the player a good reward for playing the game longer on a daily basis.

:)
I wonder if it increases the likelihood of a greater payout if I wait until I drive at least 75 to 100 miles before opening up my daily workout reward.

It was probably a compromise to get it running on PS4 at all to be fair, but I really hope they can implement a better system for GT8. Like, the effect is convincing and it looks quite excellent but clearly it's not sustainable for so many tracks and layouts, resulting in the seemingly having arbitrary weather options (tracks that only have rain in certain layouts come to mind). Another limitation you might notice is that recreating certain lighting situations in GT7 is impossible, for example the ones used in certain arcade mode races.

One of the reasons I'm excited for whatever the first racing game to be made in UE5 ends up being is that using Lumen should allow them to achieve real time global illumination without any need to bake anything, without having to sacrifice the 60FPS target either.

It was probably a compromise to get it running on PS4 at all to be fair, but I really hope they can implement a better system for GT8. Like, the effect is convincing and it looks quite excellent but clearly it's not sustainable for so many tracks and layouts, resulting in the seemingly having arbitrary weather options (tracks that only have rain in certain layouts come to mind). Another limitation you might notice is that recreating certain lighting situations in GT7 is impossible, for example the ones used in certain arcade mode races.

One of the reasons I'm excited for whatever the first racing game to be made in UE5 ends up being is that using Lumen should allow them to achieve real time global illumination without any need to bake anything, without having to sacrifice the 60FPS target either.
As you say, it’s the sustainability aspect that will be causing workflow problems. Whether it’s Lumen, or some other RTGI solution, once that’s cracked then at least TOD should become trivial. Doesn’t change the issue with weather of course.

As for Lumen, I’d also be excited to see what Nanite could bring. The sheer detail cars and environments could have is limited only by asset size. I‘m still blown away by the Matrix UE5 demo.

Took PD a long time to introduce interiors as well. Other games, at least, gave functioning instrument panels. I think the closest we got were the Prowler, Fireblade, a couple of the LMP Sports Cars and I think the MX-5 with top down. But that was just barely seeing the interior.

I haven't played since Thanksgiving break - I had collected all the cars, and completed all the CE's, missions & races albeit not all gold and was in the place where you have to create your own fun, which I'm not good at - and Mass Effect legenary edition was the December freebie. I once-upon-a-time played a good portion of ME1 with my cousin on his Xbox, but never played it myself nor any of the sequels. Well, I'm about to finish ME3 (I was laid-off Dec 2nd and just started new SAE role in a SaaS company this past Monday - hence why i've had the time to play them lol) and what a fun trilogy. Anyways sorry for rambling - I meant to say I keep checking the forums in the hopes that something will rope me back in to the game!!

I haven't played since Thanksgiving break - I had collected all the cars, and completed all the CE's, missions & races albeit not all gold and was in the place where you have to create your own fun, which I'm not good at - and Mass Effect legenary edition was the December freebie. I once-upon-a-time played a good portion of ME1 with my cousin on his Xbox, but never played it myself nor any of the sequels. Well, I'm about to finish ME3 (I was laid-off Dec 2nd and just started new SAE role in a SaaS company this past Monday - hence why i've had the time to play them lol) and what a fun trilogy. Anyways sorry for rambling - I meant to say I keep checking the forums in the hopes that something will rope me back in to the game!!
These might

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127-184749.png
    Screenshot_20230127-184749.png
    57 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230127-184801.png
    Screenshot_20230127-184801.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 7
I wonder if PD is waiting for next month for the VR2 release for the next GT7 update.
Most likely. Assuming GT7 is already not VR2 compatible (unlikely imo given the last update was in december), they will need to patch it at the very least a week before PS VR2 hits so reviewers can take a look at it.

VGT cars are nonsense, plus some weird useless Gr.3/Gr.4 cars, so i would say GT7 has ~390 in total. Plus not all tracks even support dynamic time of day and have rain in GT7, unlike in Forza.

Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo 2017
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode
Mercedes-AMG GT Safety Car
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4
Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo
Audi Vision Gran Turismo
BMW M4 Gr.4
BMW M4 Safety Car
BMW M6 GT3 Endurance Model '16/BMW M6 GT3 Sprint Model '16
BMW Vision Gran Turismo
GT by Citroën Gr.4
DAIHATSU COPEN RJ Vision Gran Turismo
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car
Dodge Viper Gr.4
SRT Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo
SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4
Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car/Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Ford Mustang Gr.3
Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car
Ford Mustang Gr.4
Red Bull X2014 Junior/
Genesis G70 GR4
Genesis X GR3
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97/Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) Touring Car
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '95/Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '98
Honda NSX Gr.4
Honda NSX Gr.B Rally Car
Honda Sports Vision Gran Turismo
Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
Hyundai Genesis Gr.4
Hyundai Genesis Gr.B Rally Car
Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo
Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
Infiniti CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo
Jaguar F-type Gr.4
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Roadster
Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo SV
Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo
Lamborghini Huracán Gr.4
Lexus LF-LC GT "Vision Gran Turismo"
Lexus RC F GT3 prototype '16
Lexus RC F Gr.4
Mazda Atenza Gr.4
Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car
Mazda Atenza Gr.3
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Mazda RX-Vision '15
McLaren 650S Gr.4
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1
MINI Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition G
Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo
Nissan CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
Nissan GT-R Gr.B Rally Car
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18/Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car
Nissan GT-R Safety Car
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) Touring Car
Peugeot RCZ Gr.4
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3
Peugeot L750R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017
Peugeot L500R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017
PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo
PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95
Porsche 917 Living Legend
Porsche Vision Gran Turismo
Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy '16/Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy '15
Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy Safety Car
Renault Sport Mégane Gr.4
Renault Sport R.S.01 '16
Subaru WRX Gr.4
Subaru WRX Gr.3
Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo
Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3 Version)
Suzuki Swift Sport KATANA Edition Gr.4
Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19/Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19
Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car
Toyota 86 GRMN '16
Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16
Toyota Crown Athlete G Safety Car
Toyota FT-1
Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3
Toyota GR Supra RZ '20/Toyota GR Supra RZ '19
Toyota S-FR Racing Concept '16
Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) '00/Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) '83
Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3
Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo
Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran TurismoVolkswagen GTI Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3

Just tell me that these cars aren't useless and could be replaced with anything else existing in this world
Can't take seriously someone that put a freaking 993 Carrera RS,the AE86 and the GT-R GT3 on a list of "useless" cars 🤭🤭🤭🤭

Can't take seriously someone that put a freaking 993 Carrera RS,the AE86 and the GT-R GT3 on a list of "useless" cars 🤭🤭🤭🤭
That might be the first time I've seen someone say the Honda Civic (Not even the race car mind you) is "Useless", which is funny because I can list multiple games that seem to disagree with that (Including Forza). Same with the Nissan GT-R GT3, which is funny because that is both in ACC AND Automobilista 2.

Feels abit too much like someone is trying to speak for everybody when they don't. Also feels like once again, people are really trying to get that GT vs Forza mess going again, because it wasn't annoying beforehand.

Last edited:
100% Unofficial translated statement:
"The particle simulation for Gran Turismo 7 can so far only produce Japanese and European rain. American rain has a different shape, and the team is currently modelling upstate New York rain, captured using Sony cameras and a bucket-like device.

With this quest for detail, it's taking a long time. The many raindrops of Europe aren't fully finished yet either, Dragon Trail Gardens even uses placeholder Belgian rain from Spa! Many players can't tell the difference, but we can."
o_O Seriously? Different kinds of rain being modelled? But I can buy that, I can see PD being absolutely anal about rain.
Jokes on you, I'm single. :P
Just tell me that these cars aren't useless and could be replaced with anything else existing in this world.
"Just tell me that these cars aren't useless and could be replaced with anything else existing in this world", just tell me that someone actually drives Ferrari 458 GT4 car or Lamborghini Huracan GT4 and it's not a part of esports, just tell me and also I admit that some cars are cool and such, so that's why I said ~390 which still makes my point stand, you could have any proper car instead of these ones, just anything. Fictional indy car, LMP2/LMP3 car, 60's/70's F1 car in that regard.
First of all, saying the cars are useless and that noone drives them is an absolute ignorant thing to say. Now rendundant for some cars, I can understand to some degree. I really didn't expect PD to add the 1995 Integra Type R or 1997 Civic Type R back so soon when they could've included the DC5 Integra Type R back from GT6 and the FD2 Civic Type R. and I can understand wanting a real-life version of a car over the fictional one such as a BMW M4 GT4 instead of the Gr4 car. Though to be fair, things like that can be fixed with the livery editor.

With that said, it's still stupid to say that noone outside of E-Sports drives any of the GT4/Gr.4 cars or other cars in that list. I have driven a few GT4 cars myself in both GT Sport and 7. One of my favorites is the Ford Mustang Gr.4, I even made a couple of custom liveries for it recently.

Like this one for instance.
49b624ef4f82e4d8043b2c82d0a30ba6_photo.jpg

Even if they're fictional like with the Suzuki Swift or Genesis Gr.4, they still provide a bit of fun for players to be able to drive a GT4 type of race car they otherwise would never think exist. It's like getting able to experience "what if" scenarios that you could otherwise not see in real life as car brands wouldn't normally do that. I always thought that it would've been cool if the Jaguar F-Type competed in GT3, but sadly Jaguar never did that with the F-Type. However in Gran Turismo, I've been able to see an idea of what it could've been like.

Yes, it took a spot that a real-life car you wanted could've took. However at the same time; there's no guarantee that you would've gotten that car if these fantasy cars didn't exist.

Last edited:
Back