Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,352 comments
As I have just relocated a couple of dozen posts to nowhere, a reminder:
Why does GTPlanet have unusual rules?

GTPlanet’s Acceptable Use Policy applies across all areas of the website and is somewhat unusual on the Internet due to its request for “decent grammar” and the prohibition of “txtspk”.

Such rules are often met with confusion and contempt by some new users. However, GTPlanet is not just another disposable “video game forum” – it is a community and a home for thousands of like-minded people which has thrived since 2001. These rules have always been in place and remind everyone to put a little more thought into what they’re contributing to the community. In turn, this creates a more pleasant and attractive place for everyone.
Some of you haven't read the last two lines - or the last two words - and it shows.

Glickenhouse should pay PD for having the honor of being featured in the game, they are absolute snobbish nobodies, i wish someone asked the same question to Gordon Murray, his T.50 is the only car id even pay to have in the game.
Agree on that - it is looking and sounding fantastic.

Still probably a less than 1% chance it ever makes it to this game.

I think I'm going crazy but this looks like it's taken from Scapes?

But nah, it can't be.
And indeed it isn't. It was part of a Mercedes event at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2022:

1675253484481.png

Last edited:
As I have just relocated a couple of dozen posts to nowhere, a reminder:

Some of you haven't read the last two lines - or the last two words - and it shows.
I'm not sure who you may have been referring to, but as a grumpy old 60+ year-old, I could be accused of being a grammar pedant. But, then again, I fall into the habit of text speak and grammar shorthand.

My primary school teachers (long since deceased) would be appalled.

I'm not sure who you may have been referring to, but as a grumpy old 60+ year-old, I could be accused of being a grammar pedant. But, then again, I fall into the habit of text speak and grammar shorthand.

My primary school teachers (long since deceased) would be appalled.
To whom I may have been referring :sly:

However, it didn't need discussing any further; it refers to everyone. If you're among the dozens of posts removed, it was either because you were being boorish or were exclusively quoting someone else who had their post removed for being boorish.

Everyone though should remember that GTPlanet is not an exclusionary place (save for those removed from the community for not adhering to our rules) and our rules keep it that way. Anyone who thinks this is just "the internets" and treats the site in that fashion can go and find a different site on which to be an asshat. After all, there are plenty of them.

Come to think of it, I wonder where the GT-One and V12 LMR would end up if they ever came back.

I wanna say Gr. 1, since they were LMP cars, but somehow I feel like PD would stuff them into Gr. 2 in order to compete against the F1 GTR and CLK-LM. What do you lot think?

Last edited:
Come to think of it, I wonder where the GT-One and V12 LMR would end up if they ever came back.

I wanna say Gr. 1, since they were LMP cars, but somehow I feel like PD would stuff them in Gr. 2 in order to compete against the F1 GTR and CLK-LM. What do you lot think?
They'd put them in gr2. It was only a couple of years since a LMP2 qualified at Le Man's faster than the GT-one pole time in 1999.

They'd put them in gr2. It was only a couple of years since a LMP2 qualified at Le Man's faster than the GT-one pole time in 1999.

My gut is telling me that PD would BOP them “up” to group 1. I just don’t think they have enough in common with Group 2 cars.

What they really need to do is create a new group that would encompass Group C as well as this era of LMP’s

I wanna say Gr. 1, since they were LMP cars, but somehow I feel like PD would stuff them in Gr. 2 in order to compete against the F1 GTR and CLK-LM. What do you lot think?
The V12 LMR and GT-ONE assuming the 1999 version would probably be Gr.1, while the 1998 versions of both cars would be Gr.2.

I don't know enough about the GT-ONE to know what differences it had in 1998 from 1999 but in 1998 the CLK-LM had the fastest qualifying time with the GT-ONE right behind it. The GT1-98 Porsche was not far behind the GT-ONE. So I believe if the 1998 spec was to be included it would be Gr.2 while the 1999 spec would be Gr.1.

The 1999 GT-ONE was atleast 5 seconds faster during qualifying in 1999 so the 1999 version is definitely faster while the 1998 version seemed to be around the same pace as the other 1998 spec GT1 cars.

According to this the F1 GTR is quite slow when compared to the rest of the 1998 GT1 grid, I bring this up because on the topic of Gr.2 GT1 cars the F1 GTR is pretty fast against the CLK-LM in GT7 despite it pretty much being ragdolled by both CLK racecars in FIA races:
https://www.racingsportscars.com/results/qualifying/Le_Mans-1998-06-07.html

This just came across the wire on my YouTube.com account algorithm. Even shows a very short clip of GT7. I wonder if this is Sony slowly forcing the hand of people into new consoles. Makes sense. PS5’s are easily obtainable now. Especially now that Sony will be offering PS5 only accessories here shortly.

It’s about time if you ask me

Last edited:

This just came across the wire on my YouTube.com account algorithm. Even shows a very short clip of GT7. I wonder if this is Sony slowly forcing the hand of people into new consoles. Makes sense. PS5’s are easily obtainable now. Especially now that Sony will be offering PS5 only accessories here shortly.

It’s about time if you ask me

They're doing a sort of relaunch of the PS5 marketing-wise now that the supply issues have been fixed with big displays around the world.

Y'know, I'd be happy to pay credits to the people who spend so much time on their meticulous liveries when I'm too lazy to make even a simple one myself (which is 99% of the time). There are probably a good number of players out there like me so even pricing these liveries at 1000 credits would be nice compensation and incentive to keep creating.

Y'know, I'd be happy to pay credits to the people who spend so much time on their meticulous liveries when I'm too lazy to make even a simple one myself (which is 99% of the time). There are probably a good number of players out there like me so even pricing these liveries at 1000 credits would be nice compensation and incentive to keep creating.
With a system like that you could technically sell your credits to someone else for real money. And I'm fairly certain that after the experience PD have made with GT5, any kind of system that involves transferring credits, cars or other assets to other players will never be coming back to the Gran Turismo franchise.

May as well drop some dockets to the decal makers and sharers. It may be easy to do, but many of us ask for help/request on the regular. I mean, if we’re going to start paying credits.
I don't know man it's kind of a two way street in some ways. I won't get into the semantics on it all, but the decals I uploaded aren't even mine, I found them for free on a site that hosts free-to-use public domain vectors. I upload them not for myself but because I think other people might like having them in the game to use on their own liveries. I don't think people like me should be paid for simply uploading other peoples works.

Last edited:
Back