Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
OK let's get started...
1. LEAKED LIST OF FORZA MOTORSPORT CARS DLC
2. MORE OPEN CAR CLASSES
3. THE HORSE- well in past and even in todays time...they put eye "blocade" for horses so when they ride them..they go forward..they dont look left right..etc...
what is this got to do with PD...
Well.. for start 1.ignoring what users want...2. they are not bothered what other games put in " special content"
so end word..would be...they just see what they want ... and are not bothered what players want..

sorry for my english.. I tried to wrote as best as I could..
your english is alright it's the use of rivals that threw me off,at some point i thought you were talking about NFS Rivals 😂

Also keeping licensing deals secret from other brands isn’t possible. Aside from the fact the PR teams exchange personnel almost weekly (and some have external PRs) there's industry bodies which host events at which they all meet and discuss.

The brand which Lotus considers similar (and thus comparable in value for licensing) has never been named, but the general suggestion is that it's McLaren.
I'd say that's fair so PD should just suck it up. The brand has such an important place in automotive history.
I don't know why exactly they've stopped teasing upcoming content in these live streams. I know there are the VGT reveals coming, but that's not what I mean.

I'm talking about new cars and tracks appearing out of the blue in the round events themselves. Remember back in October 2018 when they teased the 22B for a repechage race in Tsukuba? THIS is what I'm talking about. A lot of similar situations also happened all the way through the events from 2018 to 2019, but since then, they've stopped doing this completely, and that's kinda sad.

For example, the TGR GT Cup final race is happening right now as I write this. Imagine if the drivers were using a Toyota GT-One instead of the GR010, people would go nuts. For sure the GT-One is not a GR Toyota, but the car selection for the cup was never limited to GRs only anyway.

Plus, it was always a very obvious way to increase their viewership, catching the attention of those who don't care about e-sports but still want to know about what's coming for the game in the future to watch the live streams.

View attachment 1308256
I wish PD still did this. It was always exciting to see upcoming content being previewed in the live events. It gave me a reason to watch them. Now I can't be stuffed.

I wish PD still did this. It was always exciting to see upcoming content being previewed in the live events. It gave me a reason to watch them. Now I can't be stuffed.
Perhaps we'll see such previews in next year's World Tour... That is, if there is a full World Tour like in 2019. I kinda miss it.

Especially in Japan where we got a tour of PD and some Daiki Kasho appearances.

Also keeping licensing deals secret from other brands isn’t possible. Aside from the fact the PR teams exchange personnel almost weekly (and some have external PRs) there's industry bodies which host events at which they all meet and discuss.

The brand which Lotus considers similar (and thus comparable in value for licensing) has never been named, but the general suggestion is that it's McLaren.
Speaking of Lotus, have you received any response to your attempt to contact Lotus?

OK let's get started...
1. LEAKED LIST OF FORZA MOTORSPORT CARS DLC
2. MORE OPEN CAR CLASSES
3. THE HORSE- well in past and even in todays time...they put eye "blocade" for horses so when they ride them..they go forward..they dont look left right..etc...
what is this got to do with PD...
Well.. for start 1.ignoring what users want...2. they are not bothered what other games put in " special content"
so end word..would be...they just see what they want ... and are not bothered what players want..

sorry for my english.. I tried to wrote as best as I could..

Both games have their strong and weak points in their carlists. In Forza I find Forza GT class atrocious with this wierr mix of GT3/GTE, v8 supercars, GT4 and trackday specials.

While I do miss Lotus, I can’t see how anyone can be dissatisfied with the number or variety of cars in GT7. The only thing lacking is things to do with them all, which is slowly improving thankfully. I really hope next year is a year of new tracks and events more than loads more new cars, if I was to have one wish for the game.

While I do miss Lotus, I can’t see how anyone can be dissatisfied with the number or variety of cars in GT7. The only thing lacking is things to do with them all, which is slowly improving thankfully. I really hope next year is a year of new tracks and events more than loads more new cars, if I was to have one wish for the game.
GT7 car list is generally great. I love it. It's just it can be even better :) Just more "rival" cars (like more 1998 GT1s) or more up to date super cars maybe more muscle cars etc. There is a lot of to add and GT7 can be expanded more and more.

GT7 car list is generally great. I love it. It's just it can be even better :) Just more "rival" cars (like more 1998 GT1s) or more up to date super cars maybe more muscle cars etc. There is a lot of to add and GT7 can be expanded more and more.

Oh yeah definitely but it can go on and on. I’d really like things like obscure hot hatches and sports coupes from the 80’s and 90’s, like a Rover SD1 or a Camaro IROC-Z or like a Plymouth Laser. Having cars like that would be sooo cool to me. But it’d be kinda pointless having 1000 cars but nothing to do in them. Like GT6, so much content, but such a feeble single player campaign. Admittedly much of GT6’s content was recycled but still.

I'd say that's fair so PD should just suck it up.
Don't think it's that simple,if PD gives in that gives the greenlight for Lotus and other manufacturers to up their prices knowing PD will accept. Didn't SPA also took awhile to come because the owners were digging their feet about price?

Last edited:
Plus, PD give in and pay. Out of spite, (enter brand/mnufacturer here) agree for only one game. Then what?

Could be the same for Australian brands. Ian Bell mentioned (V8)Supercars wanted SMS to include all tracks, if they were going to licence all cars. Would have cost for that company. I don’t know what agreement T10 have had with (V8)Supercars, GM Holden, Ford Australia/Tickford/Ford Performance, Nissan Motorsport-Kelly Racing, Cyan Racing and Erebus Motorsport. Microsoft, no doubt, has bank. Maybe PD don’t want to pay those same Australian brands, what those brands feel they’re worth.

No december update prediction thread, we know a december update is coming either on december 7 or 14, what it might include except for one vision car is still remained to be seen, maybe silhouttes soon but i would think for next weekend to not take any spotlight from the world series finals, i can see the chr update by simular to last year with one vision car alongside 4 another cars

No december update prediction thread, we know a december update is coming either on december 7 or 14, what it might include except for one vision car is still remained to be seen, maybe silhouttes soon but i would think for next weekend to not take any spotlight from the world series finals, i can see the chr update by simular to last year with one vision car alongside 4 another cars
One was started but was locked. The mods are tired of the wishlist/doomposting that they eventually become.

I'm thinking we'll get 6 cars total, which will presumably include the Genesis/Bvlgari VGTs, 3 datamined cars and the GT-One.

Genesis VGT (Brand Central)
Bvlgari VGT (Brand Central)
Bugatti Type 37A (Haggerty)
Autozam AZ-1 (UCD)
Ferrari 812 Superfast (Brand Central)
Toyota GT-One (Haggerty)

I’m actually worried it will be the opposite since aren’t there two VGTs coming (Genesis/bulgari)? If they both have regular and GR1 versions it could be a 5 car update with 4 VGTs.
I don't believe...we will get 2 vgts...for genesis I am sure..but bvlgari will just announce vgt...I didn't think we will get it now.
but as you said genesis will probably have at least 2..one road and one gr 1..
at least 2 other cars would be dope...
JUST MY OPINNION...

Plus, PD give in and pay. Out of spite, (enter brand/mnufacturer here) agree for only one game. Then what?

Could be the same for Australian brands. Ian Bell mentioned (V8)Supercars wanted SMS to include all tracks, if they were going to licence all cars. Would have cost for that company. I don’t know what agreement T10 have had with (V8)Supercars, GM Holden, Ford Australia/Tickford/Ford Performance, Nissan Motorsport-Kelly Racing, Cyan Racing and Erebus Motorsport. Microsoft, no doubt, has bank. Maybe PD don’t want to pay those same Australian brands, what those brands feel they’re worth.
I think they simply don't have much of a relationship with the local car industry, or well what's left of it now. They already have their hands full with what brands they have good relationships with like toyota, or porsche or ferrari so I imagine its hard to prioritize new brands and relationships right now.

Who knows, Kaz did express interest in australian cars back in GTS but who knows what they can actually practically do right now.

Last edited:
Back