Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
Any tips for the Fiat weekly race, I have mine at 100pp with some upgrades such as a sport exhaust and suspension and I still can't win
Put it all in horsepower, I guess, or almost. I went with a Street Susp, and horsepower where I could, I had 18-19 CH., Won it by 2.6 seconds margin. I mean, I don't know if it's a good idea since I play Easy Mode due to me sucking badly. (EDIT: I am not making fun of anyone who plays at Easy mode, I'm just self-deprecating a bit.

Last edited:
I have a theory about Lotus' omission from GT7 which may seem a bit controversial.

The brand obviously doesn't have a problem when it comes to video games, as it can be found in Assetto Corsa, The Crew Motorfest, Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsport and even Need For Speed so there's clearly an issue at PD's end. It does seem odd that such a well-known brand is totally absent from GT, unless you consider the F1500-T a Lotus 97T. What's stopping them, you ask? Well I have a compelling conspiracy - PD don't want to pay Lotus because other manufacturers will ask for more money, thus exposing their stingy license deals. There is a possibility that PD are underpaying license holders, and they don't want that to be exposed. Other game developers have been able to stump up the cash so why can't PD with the financial backing of Sony? This could also help to explain the absence of Silverstone. Maybe I'm wrong but I have to scratch this itch or I'll go mad.

Last edited:
I have a theory about Lotus' omission from GT7 which may seem a bit controversial.

The brand obviously doesn't have a problem when it comes to video games, as it can be found in Assetto Corsa, The Crew Motorfest, Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsport and even Need For Speed so there's clearly an issue at PD's end. It does seem odd that such a well-known brand is totally absent from GT, unless you consider the F1500-T a Lotus 97T. What's stopping them, you ask? Well I have a compelling conspiracy - PD don't want to pay Lotus because other manufacturers will ask for more money, thus exposing their stingy license deals. There is a possibility that PD are underpaying license holders, and they don't want that to be exposed. Other game developers have been able to stump up the cash so why can't PD with the financial backing of Sony? This could also help to explain the absence of Silverstone. Maybe I'm wrong but I have to scratch this itch or I'll go mad.
It's definitely about money. Lotus might be trying to hold out for more money than PD thinks they're worth. So why bother when the game is doing just fine? PD knows their value and so does Lotus, they just don't seem to align. Other manufactures might be more willing to charge less because of their relationship, or PD is more willing to foot the bill (for Ferrari).

Last edited:
It’s funny. The one at the Crowded Crossing, he could have used the Prius ‘09, instead of the Mazda3. Still, good for the game to be recognised.
I literally thought the SAME EXACT THING. Crazy.

Great article and project though. I coincidentally posted it to the photo forum earlier after seeing the article on IG.

I am sure it is more money related than what I personally think it is.

Lotus is owned by Geely which is a Chinese automotive conglomerate that also happens to own Volvo/Polestar (Volvo disappeared when Lotus did too) Geely bought a 51% stake in Lotus in 2017, coincidentally when a certain Lotus-less GT Sport came out.

I personally believe that with PD being Japanese that there is a somewhat long lasting hatred for one another’s countries that has stopped negotiations involving licensing.

Am I over-reading into the whole thing? Probably. But that won’t stop me from have my own personal conspiracy theories on issues like this.

Last edited:
But but, Hyundai and Genesis(now a partner in Gran Turismo 7) are in this game. Fued with Japan notwithstanding.

Fair enough, it very much could just be a monetary issue and nothing more.

I suppose I just like a little gossip/conspiracy to liven up a rather boring reason for something going on in the world.

Fair enough, it very much could just be a monetary issue and nothing more.

I suppose I just like a little gossip/conspiracy to liven up a rather boring reason for something going on in the world.

Also keeping licensing deals secret from other brands isn’t possible. Aside from the fact the PR teams exchange personnel almost weekly (and some have external PRs) there's industry bodies which host events at which they all meet and discuss.

The brand which Lotus considers similar (and thus comparable in value for licensing) has never been named, but the general suggestion is that it's McLaren.

Last edited:
such a shame , we could have those Evora racing cars :( PD have them somewhere in their closet xD

Last edited:
As lotus goes i would love esprit v8 and Elise 111r more than any other lotus vehicle, lotus might want to get paid to simular amount as Ferrari e.x and maybe pd does not think its worth that, there is no way lotus should even cost simular to Ferrari,

I like those close ups for McLaren cars <3 Probably this means nothing but it would be great to see newer McLarens in game :D

I hope Kaz is getting those new Mclaren cars , tease is real :P give me that 720s GT3 already

Last edited:
It’s funny about the licensing thing - you’d think manufacturers would be clamouring to get their brands in to a game like GT for free, as a form of advertising.

I bought a Nissan 370Z quite recently. I’d have probably never even heard of them if it wasn’t for GT, or at least not really have considered it as opposed to something a bit less niche.

It’s the same with background music playing in YouTube videos - what a great way of getting it out there and heard, you could generate countless sales that way without having to pay a marketing department. But no, there’s now a special AI analysing each and every video and if it detects more than a second of uncleared music the video gets removed. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Last edited:
It’s funny about the licensing thing - you’d think manufacturers would be clamouring to get their brands in to a game like GT for free, as a form of advertising.
It might be good advertising, but that is only any value to the manufacturer if it converts to sales of new cars, and I'd bet the number of times that happens and it's attributable to Gran Turismo is very low, and likely only in specific niche areas. On the other hand the manufacturers know that their products (their IP) is required for game devs to make money... no cars = no game, therefore manufacturers know they can charge for using their IP, and it's all just extra gravy for them. It was recently reported Ferrari makes around half it's money from licensing deals, that's all profit they get without even picking up a spanner... how many extra Ferrari's do you think they sell by being in Gran Turismo?

Last edited:
I was little shocked when I saw gt7 "rivals FM" leaked car list...if its true..even if gt has better graphics ...CAR VARIETY is just better at rivals...
don't know if they even think anything...
I guess PD ONLY SEE FORWARD PATH 🤔🤔🤔
10__Salzburg_2008.jpg

OK let's get started...
1. LEAKED LIST OF FORZA MOTORSPORT CARS DLC
2. MORE OPEN CAR CLASSES
3. THE HORSE- well in past and even in todays time...they put eye "blocade" for horses so when they ride them..they go forward..they dont look left right..etc...
what is this got to do with PD...
Well.. for start 1.ignoring what users want...2. they are not bothered what other games put in " special content"
so end word..would be...they just see what they want ... and are not bothered what players want..

sorry for my english.. I tried to wrote as best as I could..

what is this got to do with PD...
Well.. for start 1.ignoring what users want...
The last update literally put in the LFA which has been a highly requested car, literally what the users wanted, can add the 190e and 400r to that too...
2. they are not bothered what other games put in " special content"
Try find the latest Porsche GT3 RS in FM... good luck...

I don't know why exactly they've stopped teasing upcoming content in these live streams. I know there are the VGT reveals coming, but that's not what I mean.

I'm talking about new cars and tracks appearing out of the blue in the round events themselves. Remember back in October 2018 when they teased the 22B for a repechage race in Tsukuba? THIS is what I'm talking about. A lot of similar situations also happened all the way through the events from 2018 to 2019, but since then, they've stopped doing this completely, and that's kinda sad.

For example, the TGR GT Cup final race is happening right now as I write this. Imagine if the drivers were using a Toyota GT-One instead of the GR010, people would go nuts. For sure the GT-One is not a GR Toyota, but the car selection for the cup was never limited to GRs only anyway.

Plus, it was always a very obvious way to increase their viewership, catching the attention of those who don't care about e-sports but still want to know about what's coming for the game in the future to watch the live streams.

Screenshot_20231201-191758.png

Last edited:
Yeah, even in Assetto Corsa Competizione, there are no GT4 Supra and GT4 Mustang. That’s a game with SRO licensing. Also, no GT4 F-Type. GT Sport-GT7 at least have close enough versions of those cars.

There are trade-offs in all games.

Any tips for the Fiat weekly race, I have mine at 100pp with some upgrades such as a sport exhaust and suspension and I still can't win
I put everything into power. Exhaust, intake and computer, then backed off power cap until it was 99 point something. The last corner is VERY tricky on CH tires, but you should be able to put a gap on the AI in both of the other corners. I lift coming to the top of the steep corner, and then carefully brake for the last one, but it shouldn't be too hard if you just keep it under control.

I was able to beat it first time out, but did it a few more times to try and tame the last corner. It's still a mess...

Back