Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
And then someone will invent an even higher fidelity laser scanner so then they’ll have to start again from scratch :lol:
Laser scanners already offer far, far, higher resolution than PD (or anyone) can realistically use for console games. Sub millimetre resolution just generates much bigger file sizes for no real practical benefit.

No idea if or how badly PD are affected, but unfortunate big PlayStation news that could be relevant to us.

PD are kind their own entity within Sony. I would not be surprised if they were not affected at all.

Anyway. Sucks. Brutal times in the industry. Hopefully the shareholders are fine. 🤮

Probably with GT9. Definitely not with GT7 or GT8

I agree even gt8 will not go to that number, but i belive it could reach 800 cars with updates and when you considering in the amount of detail they cars is its plenty

And then someone will invent an even higher fidelity laser scanner so then they’ll have to start again from scratch :lol:

Pd has future proof car models this time, they are even downgraded for ps5 so it will work for even ps6 and maybe even ps7 if there is even one in the future

Last edited:
I know its a joke , but seriously do we need even more fidelity in car models? I hope those models will stay with us for a long time.
Have you seen those videos where they use ray tracing on old games? It makes those old textures look better by orders of magnitude. I honestly am having a hard time imagining how incredible GT8 will look on the PS6.

PD are kind their own entity within Sony. I would not be surprised if they were not affected at all.

Anyway. Sucks. Brutal times in the industry. Hopefully the shareholders are fine. 🤮
They still being a subsidiary of SIE and part of PS studios, so while not with an aggresive approach like with US and UK studios unfortunately is not safe of impact on this kind of actions 😕😕😕

One question: what’s the point of car wash in GT7? The cars always clean and shiny. In GT1 the cars would be mate from the time of usage. Any ideas?
I've driven 1,000 KM / 619 Mi in my Charger R/T and did many rally events with it, it's barely lost any shine but this could be because I use a very reflective color.

Back