Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
Decent car selection, happy with all three, but I'm very curious about the formatting of the post, the weird sounds/music and the red line visuals.

I'm not sure why they'd do that. Engine sounds sure, but why make the start of the teaser sound like a piece off the Silent Hill soundtrack? Very curious to see if they've added something interesting, it's a rather sudden change to the tried and true format.

Here u go guys...

View attachment 1331514

Slightly Sharper

View attachment 1331516

The Evo numberplate: View attachment 1331520
I wonder 🤔…
226 people working at Poly. 57 engineers. I don't know if it's something new.

Nice effect, I'm sure we'll never see it in GT7 like the Sophy AI.

View attachment 1207299

Oh boy no race cars...

I can already hear Mark Whitelegge preparing a long rant about this on his twitter
Your avatar has a GT500 Z & Group A R32 GT-R.

How can any Gran Turismo fan be happy these cars are still not in GT7 2 years after release? Everyone is well aware we may have to wait for the '23 499p or 963, the annoyance is because Gran Turismo classics like the GT-ONE, R390, 88C-V, 905 etc. are still absent.

Here we are, still waiting for those classics. While it's becoming ever more pressing to modernise the existing Gr.1, Gr,2, Gr,3, Gr.4 field. I don't understand some people in this community, we seem to be embracing PD ignoring a very importeant, core part of the game. There maybe a little more understanding if they actually delivered on their promises with Endurance races and Missions. But once again, this is another aspects of racing that has been ignored.

Last edited:
How can any Gran Turismo fan be happy these cars are still not in GT7 2 years after release? Everyone is well aware we may have to wait for the '23 499p or 963, the annoyance is because Gran Turismo classics like the GT-ONE, R390, 88C-V, 905 etc. are still absent.
Main reason is that they have to redo those cars as most of them if not all werent premium models

I wonder 🤔…
The EVO IX is indeed, the MR from 2006, so this is completely new to the franchise. You can tell as this uses BBS wheels from the factory, as opposed to the GSR from previous games, which didn't.

So, confirming with the best of my knowledge:

Audi TTS Coupe '09
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR '06
Renault 4L Export '68

Last edited:
Well, they had plenty of time to separate the cars into new racing categories, they could've done so while developing GT7. But like a lot of things they could've done, they choose not to do it.

Main reason is that they have to redo those cars as most of them if not all werent premium models
Kaz himself stated PD can produce upto a dozen cars per month. We're getting three per month, most of which aren't highly desirable. You have to ask yourself what these other 6-9 cars are. I doubt they're mundane family models or VGT's. I'd put money on them being the most desirable cars in high demand from the community. It's no coincidence the Spec II update had half a dozen absolute bangers - even if they weren't race cars. It demonstrates to me PD know exactly what the community wants but are deliberately holding back.

This is not a licensing or production issue, it's a marketing decision.

Kaz himself stated PD can produce upto a dozen cars per month. We're getting three per month, most of which aren't highly desirable. You have to ask yourself what these other 6-9 cars are. I doubt they're mundane family models or VGT's. I'd put money on them being the most desirable cars in high demand from the community. It's no coincidence the Spec II update had half a dozen absolute bangers - even if they weren't race cars. It demonstrates to me PD know exactly what the community wants but are deliberately holding back.

I thought he stated they could produce 60 cars per year which would equate to 5 per month (yet we are only getting about 3 per month, hence only 34 out of possible 60 last year).

By the logic of a dozen per month, we would be getting 144 per year so not sure about that. Mind you, wouldn’t be surprised if he randomly said it somewhere but I doubt it.

It takes 270 days to create a car for GT7 from scratch and I don't see anything about PD being able to make 12 cars per month. I do however see that Kaz claiming they could made 60 new cars per year, so there's credit to say they're purposely holding back.
However, the resources at Polyphony Digital are finite and the time it takes to create a car in the game from scratch can now take 270 days. Yamauchi said the current car creation rate is around 60 new cars a year, however the rate of new cars in Gran Turismo 7 doesn't reflect that since the game has seen 30 new cars in the nine months since it launched.

To continue down this road, PD's claim is a bit contradictory to past results:

Last edited:
It takes 270 days to create a car for GT7 from scratch and I don't see anything about PD being able to make 12 cars per month. I do however see that Kaz claiming they could made 60 new cars per year, so there's credit to say they're purposely holding back.

To continue down this road, PD's claim is a bit contradictory to past results:

Content will have been cut from GTS that couldn't be completed for launch. Given how hot that title came in it's not unreasonable to think they had plenty of cars & tracks well into development that couldn't make it. Hence hefty updates early in the games lifecycle.

GT7's development seemed less rushed. I've little doubt they had dozens of cars and a handful of tracks well into development. But even if a track was (for example) 50% complete back in March '22, dependent on PD's development focus, it could be put on the backburner. There's nothing to suggest they work full-time on a particular car or track until completion. If they plan to release 3 cars per month and 2 tracks per year, that's their only pressing concern. Everything else could be on the backburner if they're targeting GT8.

The '23 Super Formula and '22 911 GT3 RS are the only two cars that come to mind that would have been built from the ground up post GT7's launch. Maybe there's the odd Toyota, VGT and classic as well.

Last edited:
While I don't dispute they are probably pocketing some content, I think the simpler explanation for the early GT Sport update sizes is it included stuff that was almost ready for launch. Early post-launch content is always planned in advance, I don't think that pace was ever intended to be sustainable. Similar to the same way that nobody thinks Forza will keep up their current track-a-month pace.

Oh, @LammersXJR made my point better in the post above while I wrote this. I'll keep this up though.

Do you know that they stopped though? Like any evidence?
More like the lack of evidence for the opposite, back in GT Sport time when they were definitely outsourcing, companies or individuals here and there were posting the models they made for GTS, which wasn't a thing before GTS and not a thing now. And it also kinda just simply makes sense, they clearly prefer to do all the modelling on their own, but GTS on launch really lacked content and the backlash for that was quite big, which was definitely the reason for outsource, so they can build up those numbers of cars and tracks. With GT7 they didn't have this problem, so they just came back to the way they prefer to do things - no outsourcing.
But it is of course only an assumption, true. A very good assumption, I believe, but yeah, nothing official on the matter.

Last edited:
Content will have been cut from GTS that couldn't be completed for launch. Given how hot that title came in it's not unreasonable to think they had plenty of cars & tracks well into development that couldn't make it. Hence hefty updates early in the games lifecycle.

GT7's development seemed less rushed. I've little doubt they had dozens of cars and a handful of tracks well into development. But even if a track was (for example) 50% complete back in March '22, dependent on PD's development focus, it could be put on the backburner. There's nothing to suggest they work full-time on a particular car or track until completion. If they plan to release 3 cars per month and 2 tracks per year, that's their only pressing concern. Everything else could be on the backburner if they're targeting GT8.
I've heard a similar argument to this from Roflwaffle on Youtube, so I can see the logic behind it. The problem with that though is with this logic of GT7 not being as rushed and PD showing the abilty to make cars they weren't ready for yet; then GT7's car list feels like it should've been bigger than it was at launch.

With that said, I made that argument with GTSport's dlc in support of your claim on PD having the ability to produced 12 cars per month. So, where did Kaz say that? I only saw 60 cars per year being the max, which averages out to 5 cars per month rather than 12.

And it also kinda just simply makes sense, they clearly prefer to do all the modelling on their own, but GTS on launch really lacked content and the backlash for that was quite big, which was definitely the reason for outsource, so they can build up those numbers of cars and tracks. With GT7 they didn't have this problem, so they just came back to the way they prefer to do things - no outsourcing.
Yeah, I can see the reasoning in that. There was a lot of content added in GTSport's dlc and they were shown to outsoucre, GT7 comes around and the post-launch content is suddenly regressing. It's just odd to me that while the content is pretty lacking in terms of DLC additions in comparison to other games, the content is still more substantial than GT5 & 6's dlc. I feel like we would be getting even less cars if PD stopped outsourcing. However, if this is them doing things in house, then it's another case of PD proving they can do something and choosing to hold themselves back instead.

Kaz himself stated PD can produce upto a dozen cars per month.
I too am curious where this number has come from. The only one I've seen in the past couple of years is 60 cars per year - which would make your version a 240% exaggeration.
How does three cars instead of the five (or, by your version, 12) that the team is capable of producing each month exclude licensing as an issue?

If there's no cars licensed, there's nothing coming down the pipeline, and they don't make it to the game. Your observed outcome - fewer cars being added to the game than the absolute maximum capacity - is thus a licensing issue.

It's also worth noting that if you're going by "Kaz himself stated", he also stated that GT doesn't operate by holding back content for the next game but by making them available when they are available - although that was in 2019.

The EVO IX is indeed, the MR from 2006, so this is completely new to the franchise. You can tell as this uses BBS wheels from the factory, as opposed to the GSR from previous games, which didn't.

So, confirming with the best of my knowledge:

Audi TTS Coupe '09
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR '06
Renault 4L Export '68
The first two quotes I posted are precursors to the third quote. As noted the teaser is different from all the previous silhouettes. Nebuc72 is thinking why have Kaz changed the teaser. I’m just wondering if the teaser may be suggesting something new like adding the VHS filter option

I don't think anyone else noticed this little guy yet.
18dde73760914-screenshotUrl.jpg

If it's anything with Kaz's claim of 60 cars a year, with one new car completed every nine months, this might assume 60 people assigned to one car to build them all.

But whether it's licensing or anything else that's holding content back, we'll never know for sure.

With this update included, that's 70 cars added to GT7 in the span of two years. We started with 424 cars, now at a grand total of 494 cars. That way, we had an average of 35 cars added in a year.

Maybe by April we'll reach the 500-car milestone.

Last edited:
I still wonder why PD delayed weekly challenges till march 8th instead of march 1st just to make it after update. This is also the first time they delayed weekly challenges because of update, last time they didn’t do that. Maybe there are some bigger changes to weekly challenges?
maybe they mean the next weekly challenges will be on Friday, march 8th instead the usual Thursday. We might still get the usual weekly challenges before that

Back