Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
May I ask why people constantly are talking about GT8 when GT7 is still being supported? Do you think it will offer an experience far beyond what GT7 does? I personally don’t think so. I believe GT7 provides exactly what PD wants to do these days.
The nature of videogames is titles will be in development years before an official announcement. As such we can be be fairly certain GT8 is already well into development - this will have a direct impact on the efforts, features & content being put into GT7. PD are in the business of selling videogames and generating revenue. While GT7 still has very good sales legs we are past it's sales peak and there's no means to generate significant revenue from existing users.

I expect we have one good year of support left for GT7 - with the last hurrah being a PS5 Pro update and PC port. If GT8 isn't imminent (next 12-18 months) there's a possibility they could release a paid PS5/Pro SKU of GT7. This would attract new players, double-dippers, plus an upgrade route for existing users. We see all across Sony's studios remakes, remasters, special editions, PC ports of PS4/PS5 titles to keep revenue flowing while a new title is in the worlks.
Probably, so the third option seems to be the most likely. They are holding out lots of content for more significant updates. it is clearly still too early for GT8
GT7 is a halfway house live service title as there's no means to monetise existing users. Sure, you can purchase credits, but most dedicated players will have no need for this. The most obvious way to monetise a live service GT (beyond cars & tracks which could split the userbase) is cosmetics such as bodykits, interior parts, wheels etc. It's fair to say those things are only likely to be in place (if at all) for GT8.
Not sure how better to explain it without spoiling, but the next update will have a car that most people will definitely be pleased with.

No comment on tracks because at this point it's too early to say yes or no.
I don't think any road car would satisfy the most disgruntled sections of the community. Not least because we've already had some very cool models like the 992 GT3 RS, LFA, Valkyrie, NISMO R32. It would have to be something very special like the T.50 or much requested 296.

The glaring omission of the past 12 months has been race cars.

The race cars I see the most quoted here are :

• Toyota TS020
  • Toyota 88C
  • Bentley Speed 8
  • Bentley Continental GT3
  • Ferrari 288 GT3
  • Ferrari 296 GT3
  • Ferrari 499P
  • Porsche 963
  • Porsche 911 GT1
  • Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak

Road cars are a more difficult task. We have a shorter list of datamined cars now but they are still a bunch. Other than that, the Corvette C5 could be a nice addition and would fit Pody's aim to fill the gaps here and there.
I'm betting on the "new" 488 GT3.

I'm not even sure which car can actually qualify to be the one that most people will definitely be pleased with. Some new race car seems to be a general guess here, but there's a whole bunch of people who are not interested in racing cars at all.

Definitely gonna be nabbing that Miura Prototype from the LCD for the new Extra Menu, especially since I have the other two cars. Hopefully I’ll do well enough in this current season of the Exhibition Series Nations Cup to make up the cost for the most part, as I’m so far set to get over 3.1m credits. Then there’s also how I might do in the Exhibition Series Manufacturers Cup as well.

Of course, I also likely will be getting 2m credits this Thursday, as I’m well into gold range for the online time trial at Grand Valley South Reverse. I haven’t yet tried the newer one at Red Bull Ring yet, though, but I think it seems like a fun combination.

As far as to what actual racing I’ll do next, I think it’ll likely be that next round of the Exhibition Series Nations Cup that’s tomorrow, featuring Gr.2 cars at Sardegna A. Unlike a very similar GTWS race that was some time ago, it seems that we’re only able to tinker with the brake balance, whereas that previous race also permitted downforce settings - at least from what I remember. I might not even try the online time trial at Red Bull Ring until this weekend, as I think by then, my eventual standing shouldn’t change too much.

For races within World Circuits, I’m thinking I’ll do the latest three races that were added, though I do have other races I haven’t touched yet. After doing those three, if I haven’t reached my daily workout yet, then I think I’ll do some practice for the next round of the Exhibition Series Nations Cup. I do hear the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM will be an extremely popular pick for this one. But that last round at Interlagos should be especially fun, not just because of the length of 18 laps, but also because there is indeed one required pit stop. I wonder how many people will remember to box? Then again, with the race being as long as it is, and the fact we’re limited to Racing Mediums, it may be advisable to pit halfway through, anyway.

Last edited:
Cough Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM ,Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20, Mazda3 Gr.4 Cough :sly:

low number yes but still better than no race cars
Talking of the Audi DTM, I wonder if we’d ever get the BMW and Mercedes. Gr.2 needs more options, be they Class 1 DTM, new GT500’s, or some older GT1’s like the GT-ONE (could theoretically fit in Gr.1 or Gr.2), R390, 911 GT1 ‘98.

Never mind racers, the livery creator community needs some new content to get stuck into. Oh, and one car that’s not been mentioned is the 992 GT3 Cup - last seen in the movie. Not the most exciting model, but so many options for single-make racing and liveries.

Talking of the Audi DTM, I wonder if we’d ever get the BMW and Mercedes.
Don’t forget the Aston Martin!

Aside from the DTM versions of the Vantage, M4, and C-Class, I’d be down to see the R390 GT1 ‘98 and 911 GT1 ‘97, especially since we have the road car version of the latter. As for Super GT cars from GT500, I think the 2024 lineup - namely the GR Supra, the Civic Type R-GT, and the Fairlady Z - is perfectly different enough from the latest trio from 2016.

But for the TS020, I think the ‘99 version that competed in LMGTP is more iconic, and should go into Gr.1. It is a prototype, after all. And on that note, I’d greatly prefer that we get the TS010 instead of the 88C-V, if only to have more Toyota prototypes in the “TS” series. (I don’t mind skipping the TS040, though.)

EDIT: I also now wonder what other race cars could come to Gr.4? The racing version of the Mercedes-Benz 190E Evo II comes to mind, as I recall it racing alongide the Alfa Romeo 155TI.

What about JGTC-era GT300 cars, since GT500 cars from that era seem to end up in Gr.3? I think it’d be pretty fun to see a GT300-spec Silvia, Mitsubishi FTO, or the classic Toyota MR-S in there.

Last edited:
What aboug JGTC-era GT300 cars, since GT500 cars from that era seem to end up in Gr.3? I think it’d be pretty fun to see a GT300-spec Silvia S14, Mitsubishi FTO, or the classic Toyota MR-S in there.
I know that in the datamine list from 1.43 onwards, the RE Ameniya Asparadrink RX-7 GT300 and ASL ARTA Garaiya GT300 were listed so at least there’s some older GT300 cars potentially due - although I would happily take older models too.

I know that in the datamine list from 1.43 onwards, the RE Ameniya Asparadrink RX-7 GT300 and ASL ARTA Garaiya GT300 were listed so at least there’s some older GT300 cars potentially due - although I would happily take older models too.
Right, but I think those two are from the Super GT era, so I think they’ll end up in Gr.3 like the BRZ. It’d also be nice if the road-going Garaiya could return as well.

I also just learned that in the 2000 JGTC GT300 class alone, there was also a bugeye Impreza and even an AE86! And that’s before we mention the Viper, the Porsches, and even a Ferrari!

Last edited:
Right, but I think those two are from the Super GT era, so I think they’ll end up in Gr.3 like the BRZ. It’d also be nice if the road-going Garaiya could return as well.

I also just learned that in the 2000 JGTC GT300 class alone, there was also a bugeye Impreza and even an AE86! And that’s before we mention the Viper, the Porsches, and even a Ferrari!
The Garaiya and RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 will be in Gr. 4. They're not quick enough for Gr. 3 as they have roughly around 300+hp.

GT300 then was not on par with FIA GT3. The reason why the Subaru BRZ GT300 is in Gr. 3 is because it had the might to compete against actual GT3 cars, despite a modest horsepower output of 478hp.

Last edited:
The Garaiya and RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 will be in Gr. 4. They're not quick enough for Gr. 3 as they have roughly around 300+hp.

GT300 then was not on par with FIA GT3. The reason why the Subaru BRZ GT300 is in Gr. 3 is because it had the might to compete against actual GT3 cars, despite a modest horsepower output of 478hp.
Maybe, but then again, the Group A Toyota Celica was placed into Gr.B.

Maybe, but then again, the Group A Toyota Celica was placed into Gr.B.
Well that's because it was a rally car that could easily be placed into that category, despite it being more in line with Group A or World Rally Cars.

But as for the older GT300 cars, they will almost certainly be in Gr. 4.

Another is that the RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 could be a bit confusing, whether it should be in the actual RE Amemiya brand, or become an additional Gr. 4 car for Mazda.

Part of me wants Polyphony to make fictional Gr. 3 versions of these GT300's with almost little to no changes in appearance (other than in the liveries alone), and with increased power and reduced weight to match the Gr. 3 category.

Last edited:
Back