• Bentley Speed 8
  • Bentley Continental GT3
  • Ferrari 288 GT3
  • Ferrari 296 GT3
  • Ferrari 499P
  • Porsche 963
  • Porsche 911 GT1
  • Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak

Road cars are a more difficult task. We have a shorter list of datamined cars now but they are still a bunch. Other than that, the Corvette C5 could be a nice addition and would fit Pody's aim to fill the gaps here and there.
I have a feeling it's gonna be the R390 or GT-ONE due to them stating that it's something that most will be pleased with and those along with the Castrol NSX have been asked for quite alot. If it's the 88C i'd be very shocked seeing as the last time I saw a semi-recent photo of it it looked basically gutted but since the Escudo supposedly doesn't exist anymore as an actual full car IRL they could still recreate it using official photos and the shape of the car itself since it still exists. The newer ones aren't unlikely but i've heard that supposedly the Hypercar licensing is pretty strict but not sure how true that is; the Bentley Speed 8 was a premium in GT6 so that one isn't impossible.

Stray Cats

Gran Turismo® 7_20240307023515.png

The bad thing over licensing is like in the Lotus example, not only would it h hold back any new cars from Lotus but also it's historical cars like the 25, 35, 49, Europa, Elan, etc...
Aren't Lotus (and Volvo for that matter) owned by a Chinese OEM? You can't even pick Chinese as a nationality in the game, I assumed PD or Sony had some kind of beef with China (or the other way round) which would make it difficult for them to licence Chinese owned brands. This is entirely supposition on my part. :D

Aren't Lotus (and Volvo for that matter) owned by a Chinese OEM? You can't even pick Chinese as a nationality in the game, I assumed PD or Sony had some kind of beef with China (or the other way round) which would make it difficult for them to licence Chinese owned brands. This is entirely supposition on my part. :D
It has nothing to do with Geely taking over, despite who owns who. The marketing team of each car brand typically decides on licensing deals, not the company owning them always. Like how the licensing of Porsches and VWs are likely not the same price despite being under the same brand umbrella.

With that said, the brand issue is because Lotus felt short-shafted on the money PD was giving them for their brand in the past compared to other brands like Mclaren and Aston Martin. PD however doesn't agree and thus won't fork over the money Lotus now is charging them for licensing fees.

I been thinking what do you think is the reason for the 2K garage limit?

PS5 not strong enough?
Ps4 Version?
I think it is only an arbitrary limit, both PS4 and 5 would have no issues with even an unlimited garage, it is only a list of items with thumbnails. I guess, as when at first they released the game with a 20M Cr. cap, they thought it will be enough.

If a number high enough of players reach this 2k car cap, they might increase the limit.

I dont think lotus deserve to be paid in a simular amount to brands like Ferrari Porsche and mclaren, and i say this as a big fan of esprit v8 and elise, but there lineup is nowhere as good as the other 3, i would still love to get Koenigsegg brand but unlikely, lotus back would be awesome would be nice With an update that both had esprit v8 and Corvette c5 z06, but i dont think pd should give out on lotus demand if they require as much money as 3 top brands

Because other license holders will then demand a higher price.
Commercially legal extortion...

We all have our preferences, but the fact is that lotus lineup is not as good as Ferrari Porsche or mclaren, specially not by modern standards, so they dont deserve to be paid the same amount either
It is the older Lotus that are in higher demand, the 25, 35, 49, etc...

I think it is only an arbitrary limit, both PS4 and 5 would have no issues with even an unlimited garage, it is only a list of items with thumbnails. I guess, as when at first they released the game with a 20M Cr. cap, they thought it will be enough.

If a number high enough of players reach this 2k car cap, they might increase the limit.
I hope so if it wasn't for this limit I would have like 3K cars right now.

I'm like a lion trap in a small cage not been able to move or anything that's how I feel being hold back by this limit.:(

I don't know why the limit is arbitrarily placed at 2K, but there being a limit at all is probably because it's server-based saves rather than console-based. They don't want someone finding some way of infinitely expanding their garage and ballooning their data storage needs.

I don't know why the limit is arbitrarily placed at 2K, but there being a limit at all is probably because it's server-based saves rather than console-based. They don't want someone finding some way of infinitely expanding their garage and ballooning their data storage needs.
No 1 is talking about a infinite garage more a garage with enough room to be able to buy every car in every color/livery something you cant do now and with more cars being added with every update it only makes the 2k limit worst.

With that said, the brand issue is because Lotus felt short-shafted on the money PD was giving them for their brand in the past compared to other brands like Mclaren and Aston Martin. PD however doesn't agree and thus won't fork over the money Lotus now is charging them for licensing fees.
Yeah, this has been confirmed. Lotus discovered a larger than they would accept disparity in what they were receiving in comparison to other brands which they consider themselves comparable to. It's a shame, and it's something that can be solved, with money, but there's no sign this issue has been resolved to allows PD to include Lotus as of yet.

Last edited:
Have the weekly challenge events shown up for you today?

Mine haven't (I'm UK based) just wondering if this issue is affecting anyone else
They won't until midnight tonight in your time zone.

We do an article on the Weekly Challenges every week, and we have a thread for them too:

Commercially legal extortion...

It is the older Lotus that are in higher demand, the 25, 35, 49, etc...
There is plenty of classics with high demand from ferrari and Porsche as well, both make overall better cars than lotus have, so there is no reason lotus should get paid as much, and if lotus demand that then pd should never give in for that,

GT7 is not coming to PC, at least not anytime soon. From the man himself:

I personally wouldn't mind it, but I somehow doubt that GT will ever see the light of day on PC.

EDIT: I'm aware of the age of this tweet, but I still believe GT7 is not on it's way to PC. But time will tell of course.

Last edited:
GT7 is not coming to PC, at least not anytime soon. From the man himself:

I personally wouldn't mind it, but I somehow doubt that GT will ever see the light of day on PC.

EDIT: I'm aware of the age of this tweet, but I still believe GT7 is not on it's way to PC. But time will tell of course.

Bummer.

I would take anything that was stated before Totoki became head of SIE with a massive grain of salt, he wasn't shy about saying PS Studios needed to expand to other platforms to drive growth.

Good to be honest; can you imagine all the discussion on this board shifting toward what the best settings to play and how this particular settings affect this and that… nightmare.

I think I'd personally put Lotus in a similar bracket to Alfa Romeo or Maserati. Not quite McLaren or Aston Martin
In my opinion Lotus would rank above McLaren because of their historic cars...and because that little historic gems were among my favorite cars in GT4!(and of GT in general...)

Driving around Costa di Amalfi in the '71 Lotus Europa or the '62 Lotus Elan is still up to this day one of my favorite all time GT experiences and I still have vivid memories of that car/track combos in my head today...

Back