Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
Well that's because it was a rally car that could easily be placed into that category, despite it being more in line with Group A or World Rally Cars.

But as for the older GT300 cars, they will almost certainly be in Gr. 4.

Another is that the RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 could be a bit confusing, whether it should be in the actual RE Amemiya brand, or become an additional Gr. 4 car for Mazda.

Part of me wants Polyphony to make fictional Gr. 3 versions of these GT300's with almost little to no changes in appearance (other than in the liveries alone), and with increased power and reduced weight to match the Gr. 3 category.
Please, no...I wish GT7 just had separate category for older gt300 cars...if they would come into the game one day that is.

Gr.4 doesn't have a central identity anymore beyond "1990s-onwards race cars that are around 300bhp", so JGTC-era GT300s would absolutely end up in it.

Likewise, while Gr.B started out as PD's modern re-imagining of Group B regs, I suspect it's now the catch-all group for any rally cars that aren't Escudo-level silly.

Everything here is speculation.

If the "car that should make people happy" is a racing version of the Ferrari 488, I'd personally hope it's the GTE, just to make it more different from the 458 GT3 we already have. Visually to me the 458 & 488 are so similar I'm not really bothered about a 488 GT3, at least personally.

Though since in real life you could convert the GT3 into GTE spec with effectively a bolt-on kit, unlike say the more bespoke GTE cars such as the Ford & Porsche, perhaps they could do the same in-game through visual upgrades. They've done upgrades for race cars before like that, such as with the Evo 2 kit for the newest Audi R8 we have.

Should also note since it was a Ferrari Challenge car that had its audio sampled, a significant round of the Ferrari Challenge North America takes place at the much speculated track Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. It's the only round of that championship to be an F1 weekend support act.

Though the car added to the game might not be a Ferrari Challenge car exactly (especially not the modern one shown in the video), if it is a Ferrari it could still be a nice update pairing.

This is all assuming this supposed car is a Ferrari at all of course. It might not necessarily be a modern race car at all. Could also be a returning series icon like we saw with the Suzuki Escudo. It might even be nothing.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
I can totally see a huge chunk of playerbase complaining about the Midget lmao

But I would love to see Polyphony roast my model with their incredible attention to detail
Yeah, they probably would. I would also see people using them to troll players in online lobbies. :lol:

You did a great job with your model though, also enjoyed your Nissan Z GT500 recently.

This is all assuming this supposed car is a Ferrari at all of course. It might not necessarily be a modern race car at all. Could also be a returning series icon like we saw with the Suzuki Escudo. It might even be nothing.
We'll just have to wait and see.
To me it will be great if we are going to get any race car at all :D i love driving those cars, and Gt7 lately got to much focus on road cars to be honest.

But as for the older GT300 cars, they will almost certainly be in Gr. 4.
Now that I think of it, I do think you're onto something. The BRZ GT300 that's in Gr.3 has over 470HP, whereas the RE-Amemiya RX-7 GT300 has just a tiny bit over 300HP. Either way, I'm totally down for more Gr.4 cars.

Now that I think of it, I do think you're onto something. The BRZ GT300 that's in Gr.3 has over 470HP, whereas the RE-Amemiya RX-7 GT300 has just a tiny bit over 300HP. Either way, I'm totally down for more Gr.4 cars.
The Silvia Touring Car is essentially the GT300 from back in the day and that's Gr.4.

BTW, with the Ghost of Tsushima PC port revel, GT7 is now the only remaining PlayStation title from the original leak, not yet announced. The most interesting part of this for me is there's only a 2 month gap from announcement to release. Yet these ports probably take a good 12 months or more.

Last edited:
BTW, with the Ghost of Tsushima PC port revel, GT7 is now the only remaining PlayStation title from the original leak, not yet announced. The most interesting part of this for me is there's only a 2 month gap from announcement to release. Yet these ports probably take a good 12 months or more.

I'll admit, I've been a sceptic on the possibility of a PC port, but it's starting to feel inevitable at this point with how accurate that leak has been now.

Maybe that’s a reason some feel content is slowing down? Ironically, PS5 is holding back pc. :sly:

Last edited:
If anything the PC port is holding back ps5 content.

I can't see 16 cars grids on PC. Surely PD will increase it to 20 right? Right?

(Include Anakin Skywalker and Padme meme pls)

Hopefully it comes a big quicker than the GoT port or you’ll be waiting another couple of years

(Include Anakin Skywalker and Padme meme pls)
anakin-padme.jpeg

Bow Thank You GIF by Out of Office

When it comes to more endurances, especially including the 24h ones that PD mentioned shortly after launch, I'd love to see a mix of ones that pay tribute to endurances from older games like the Grand Valley 300km as well as real ones like the LM24, but I'd also like to see new endurances altogether.

One idea I had was a PP-limited event at Le Mans, specifically the layout without the chicanes, featuring historic sports prototypes that don't go into any particular group. I'm referring to racers like the Porsche 917K and the Ford Mark IV, even if they didn't necessarily race against each other in real life. Or perhaps even if they didn't race at all, like the Jaguar XJ13. Then again, it may be better to have more "inclusive" regulations that'd potentially include more than just four cars at most. But that's where PD-created liveries for the AI could be especially useful, as being limited to four models didn't prevent the Super Formula events from existing, no?

Last edited:
When it comes to more endurances, especially including the 24h ones that PD mentioned shortly after launch, I'd love to see a mix of ones that pay tribute to endurances from older games like the Grand Valley 300km as well as real ones like the LM24, but I'd also like to see new endurances altogether.

One idea I had was a PP-limited event at Le Mans, specifically the layout without the chicanes, featuring historic sports prototypes that don't go into any particular group. I'm referring to racers like the Porsche 917K and the Ford Mark IV, even if they didn't necessarily race against each other in real life. Or perhaps even if they didn't race at all, like the Jaguar XJ13. Then again, it may be better to have more "inclusive" regulations that'd potentially include more than just four cars at most. But that's where PD-created liveries for the AI could be especially useful, as being limited to four models didn't prevent the Super Formula events from existing, no?

This is where the game frustrates me. They have just about everything already built into the game to make the game next level yet they choose not to. Sure we do have custom races for most of this stuff which i use regularly...but making it a core part of the actual game would have been ideal and a nice feature.

This is where the game frustrates me. They have just about everything already built into the game to make the game next level yet they choose not to. Sure we do have custom races for most of this stuff which i use regularly...but making it a core part of the actual game would have been ideal and a nice feature.
Gt sport teased endurance racing…so yeah i am also on the why isnt this in the game on somewhat a better level.

Tbh I still would rather see 8-24 hour racing incorporated in the GT World Series with 12-20 driving teams and run it on a LAN. Would be cool to see how teams use weather radar and pit strategy

how is this car not in this game ?..........do the makers/PD have to pay Manufacturers such as Ford to portray any of their cars ?

View attachment 1334560
That's typically how it works. To use someone else's content you need obtain agreement, i.e. a license to do so, that usually means paying a fee.

It's not the same for all manufacturers, but there will usually be an agreement to include specific cars or cars from a certain model range. Manufacturers may have specific cars which they want to be included.

Last edited:
TVR are in GT7, albeit with only one model. It'd be nice to get a few more in there.
Yes I know of the ONE car but we had I believe 5 others in GT4 and others I think, all held back by licensing...

Last edited:
Yes I know of the ONE car but we had I believe 5 others in GT4 and others I think, all held back by licensing...
With you mentioning them in the same vein as Lotus, who are entirely absent, that wasn't clear. But no big deal.

I too would like more, especially 90's and early 2000's models, but licensing may be an issue given the state of the company now. But I'd have thought that TVR would have wanted the new Griffith to be included. Apparently not.

Last edited:
With you mentioning them in the same vein as Lotus, who are entirely absent, that wasn't clear. But no big deal.

I too would like more, especially 90's and early 2000's models, but licensing may be an issue given the state of the company now. But I'd have thought that TVR would have wanted the new Griffith to be included. Apparently not.
The bad thing over licensing is like in the Lotus example, not only would it h hold back any new cars from Lotus but also it's historical cars like the 25, 35, 49, Europa, Elan, etc...

Hopefully it comes a big quicker than the GoT port or you’ll be waiting another couple of years
HFW comes to PC March 21st, another port from Nixxes. That title released a month before GT7.

What's notable is this is the Complete Edition, so perhaps GT7 will only come to PC when all DLC has been released.
If anything the PC port is holding back ps5 content.

I can't see 16 cars grids on PC. Surely PD will increase it to 20 right? Right?
Another option is to release on PC and PS5 Pro concurrently - taking advantage of the improved hardware.

Increasing grids to 20 could be a PS5, PS5 Pro, PC only feature.

I do wonder if PD themselves would do a PC port - Nixxes are cranking them out regularly - which suggest they're getting on top of the porting process.

I been thinking what do you think is the reason for the 2K garage limit?

PS5 not strong enough?
Ps4 Version?

What if the game is ported to PC will there still be a 2k garage limit.
And last will the ps5 pro help in a garage increase.

Back