Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 50,980 comments
  • 7,945,277 views
With recent stories of AI hallucinating and making mistakes? Don't count on it. =/
Despite hallucinations and mistakes (that a human supervisor can control), AI has a very good potential to shorten tedious tasks, but I am not sure how precisely it could help in car modeling, that already heavily rely on 3D scans and dedicated 3D software, we don't call those "AI" but they do the heavy lifting in 3D modeling.
 
With recent stories of AI hallucinating and making mistakes? Don't count on it. =/
Although being critical myself, I don't really know how to respond to that amount of generalization. It sure is helpful too. I don't feel like explaining or defending AI right now. That's a lame discussion that flourishes al over the internet right now. ;)
 
When was the last time you were able to choose the interior color when buying a used car IRL?

When I bought my Abarth last year, I just chose one with red leather. I didn't want black leather, so I discounted those examples for the one I actually wanted. Perhaps they could have offered the cars in the used dealer and Hagerty with their full choice of colour each time, so you don't have to buy what's offered to you.
 
VXR
Perhaps they could have offered the cars in the used dealer and Hagerty with their full choice of colour each time, so you don't have to buy what's offered to you.
Not FOMO enough !
 
I have the feeling that "AI" is the most controversial and most misunderstood term ever in tech. I really wish they never used this damn buzzword and found another term for what we currently have.
I guess there is "machine learning" but it does not have the same ring to it. Unfortunately.
 
Gran Turismo AI/Machine Learning are a family of opponents. Sort of like The Patridge Family, a rubber “band” if you will. :sly:

OG Bugs “the Rabbit”
Robert aka “B-Spec Bob”
Regular AI “Reggie”
Special agent “SOPHY”
The ever feisty “Pepper” quintuplets
 
So here's a neat detail with the Porsche 911 GT3 R: when you go into cockpit view, you can look back to see the back of the interior, which is neat considering that there does not appear to be a rear window. But it's not like some other racers where if you look back, you just see the rear view in general, either, so I don't know if it's a neat detail or some sort of mistake. Definitely a fan of how it drives, as I set a gold-worthy time for the online time trial featuring it at Spa-Francorchamps, plus I love those red daylight running lights.
 
Last edited:
So here's a neat detail with the Porsche 911 GT3 R: when you go into cockpit view, you can look back to see the back of the interior, which is neat considering that there does not appear to be a rear window. But it's not like some other racers where if you look back, you just see the rear view in general, either, so I don't know if it's a neat detail or some sort of mistake.
The difference to the others with no rear window being that the Porsche actually has one, it's just painted/wrapped over. When the default decal set is removed in the livery editor it has normal windows all over.
 
Spanish streamer Mario Soler just leaked one of the cars for the next update (Renault Captur) and teased other 2 cars, he has a good record on this as apparently he knows someone on PD or closer to PD (he is good friend of several drivers of the World Series), video is only in spanish:

 
Spanish streamer Mario Soler just leaked one of the cars for the next update (Renault Captur) and teased other 2 cars, he has a good record on this as apparently he knows someone on PD or closer to PD (he is good friend of several drivers of the World Series), video is only in spanish:


I once predicted the Captur a while back, see what happens (I’ll take it with a pinch of salt as always but interesting none the less).
 
Spanish streamer Mario Soler just leaked one of the cars for the next update (Renault Captur) and teased other 2 cars, he has a good record on this as apparently he knows someone on PD or closer to PD (he is good friend of several drivers of the World Series), video is only in spanish:
As a quick no-need-to-bother-with-seven-minutes-in-Spanish:

  • There should be a February update, he doesn't know why there isn't
  • He has a contract with his contact not to reveal details?
  • One car is the Renault Captur†. No information is revealed about which gen or any specification of Captur it supposedly is.
  • The other two were in the series before
  • He says they are cars that will see use in Daily Races (nuh doy), they may not exist in real life, and it will depend on what class PD puts them in but they won't be Gr.1, Gr.2, or Gr.3
  • He doesn't know anything else about the update
  • Speculation about when it'll be, in relation to the Abu Dhabi event


†The first-gen car is the single most boring car I've ever driven.
 
Spanish streamer Mario Soler just leaked one of the cars for the next update (Renault Captur) and teased other 2 cars, he has a good record on this as apparently he knows someone on PD or closer to PD (he is good friend of several drivers of the World Series), video is only in spanish:


Looks like a Speed 12 is coming to me.
Edit : I was proved wrong.
 
Last edited:
I haven’t had time to play GT7 since the last update…and also still haven’t made a dent in the PP. I’m quite cool without updates unless they are bug fixes and or VR2 enhancements
 
Looks like a Speed 12 is coming to me.
More like the GT300 RX-7 from RE Amemiya

RE_Amemiya_RX-7_GT300_Base_Model_%2706.webp
 
Back