Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 50,980 comments
  • 7,943,523 views
  • DeltaWing, maybe? I don't know if they'd put this in Gr.1.
The DeltaWing to me was the prime candidate for what GT Sport called "Gr.X", but it sadly hasn't featured in either Sport or 7 despite that.

I also think it's technically the closest we've had to an IndyCar in the GT franchise, given the DeltaWing was originally designed as a new concept for the IndyCar series, but ultimately wasn't chosen. Then it was repurposed for sportscar racing and became the car we know from GT6.
 
Last edited:
Mario said in a comment that the car in the thumbnail (the AsparaDrink RX-7) "isn't exactly the one shown, but it's very similar", so maybe the Japanese race car is the RX-7 Touring Car instead? Or some other GT300, I suppose.
 
Mario said in a comment that the car in the thumbnail (the AsparaDrink RX-7) "isn't exactly the one shown, but it's very similar", so maybe the Japanese race car is the RX-7 Touring Car instead? Or some other GT300, I suppose.
It would be similar to the Silvia TC. The RX-7 fits Gr.4. Makes another choice of a Gr.4 Mazda Manufacturer covering 4WD, FF and if confirmed, FR.
The specs for the RX-7 Touring Car are 465 BHP/975 kg.
 
I’m not sure how cryptic or literal he meant with real car, if it’s the correct translation.
Basically he said is something may exist in real life, after thinking a bit about it definitrly it sounds like TC/RM/LM cars from previous games or clone cars based on old race cars from previous games
 
Last edited:
found the car he used in the thumbnail, 2006 RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300, if you doubt it look at the shadows
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail.webp
    thumbnail.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 10
  • re-amemiya.webp
    re-amemiya.webp
    68.7 KB · Views: 11
I think a lot of you like theorising these updates more than actually using the content added in them. I haven't seen activity like this in years :lol::lol::lol:
I'm not going to lie, futilely trying to solve the unsolvable enigma that is PD is definitely part of the fun of this series in modern day.

I for one would be sad if we ever got a detailed roadmap telling us exactly what was coming.
 
On the YT short version of his video he mentions both are race cars, let's gonna speculate with possible cars that meet the criteria (Japan, US, race cars, included in previous GT games, not Gr1, Gr2 or modern GT3):

Japan:
RE Amemiya RX7 GT300
Mitsubishi EVo VI Rally car
Lexus IS F racing concept

US:
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
Chevrolet Corvette C5.R
Does the Lexus IS F Racing Concept even STILL exist? The fact that it hasn't appeared in...anything after GT5 and GT6 (and the fact it solely existed as a demonstrator of some sort in Real life if I recall) has me seriously questioning if it even is still around.


Both are race cars?
Well if one of them ends up being the RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 as speculated by the thumbnail silhouette, then my best guess would be that its only other rival car from the datamine list would be the other one:
The ARTA/ASL Garaiya GT300.

View attachment 1515720
View attachment 1515721
Not sure if PD would even bother trying to get THAT specific Spec of ARTA Garaiya (Assuming it even still is around, which I don't believe given the later variant that came after this one and there having only ever been one car racing at a time)

I'm not going to lie, futilely trying to solve the unsolvable enigma that is PD is definitely part of the fun of this series in modern day.

I for one would be sad if we ever got a detailed roadmap telling us exactly what was coming.
I kinda like that in this day & age of leaks and Road Maps, we still have SOME mystery when it comes to GT. I feel like we far too often in gaming are missing that uncertainly (Not the financial stability kind, mind you) that made this stuff fascinating in the first place.
 
Last edited:
Now Mario make a community post in youtube about the RM and TC cars from GT5 and GT6 and he is telling his favorites are the Corvette C6 and the Prius, is he now telling the cars coming 😅😅??

Screenshot_20260224_185529_YouTube.webp
 
DeltaWing, maybe? I don't know if they'd put this in Gr.1.
The DeltaWing to me was the prime candidate for what GT Sport called "Gr.X", but it sadly hasn't featured in either Sport or 7 despite that.
There's a very good reason why the DeltaWing - any DeltaWing - hasn't featured in any game other than Gran Turismo 6.

In fact there's a million reasons, and technically one more if you take into account its removal from the car lists a month before release and its subsequent return with a new name and a friend.

This one's on the spectrum of "never going to happen" and between Circuit de Monaco, on the far end of the scale, and Silverstone.
 
Now Mario make a community post in youtube about the RM and TC cars from GT5 and GT6 and he is telling his favorites are the Corvette C6 and the Prius, is he now telling the cars coming 😅😅??

View attachment 1515823
He's either bs-ing, or just making a wishlist because again, idk what his track record is when it comes to being "correct" about cars and getting his "sources."
 
He's either bs-ing, or just making a wishlist because again, idk what his track record is when it comes to being "correct" about cars and getting his "sources."
He has a contact and has leaked correctly some cars in the past (Toyota GT One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8, porsche 992 GT3-R, etc)
 
Now Mario make a community post in youtube about the RM and TC cars from GT5 and GT6 and he is telling his favorites are the Corvette C6 and the Prius, is he now telling the cars coming 😅😅??
The Corvette wouldn't be super surprising... over the course of the series, it kinda feels like the only American cars PD has an attachment to are Corvettes, Shelbys, and Euro-Fords.
 
I'm thinking the C6 would fit Gr.3. Unless I'm missing something about the it's not GR.1/2/3.
It would 100% be group 3 seeing it's based off the C6.R that was ran in the updated GT1 class, which the DBR9 also ran in.

The part about it not being Gr.1/2/3 could just be something to throw everyone off.
 
It would 100% be group 3 seeing it's based off the C6.R that was ran in the updated GT1 class, which the DBR9 also ran in.

The part about it not being Gr.1/2/3 could just be something to throw everyone off.
So basically:

Chevrolet Corvette C6.R '06 (Gr. 3)
Mazda RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 (Gr. 4)
Renault Captur

...for the next update.
 
I'm thinking the C6 would fit Gr.3. Unless I'm missing something about the it's not GR.1/2/3.
If we're being super picky, he very specifically says "not Gr.1, not Gr.2, not GT3".

If that word choice was intentional, older and fictional Gr.3s are in play.

(This feels like I'm reading way too deeply into it though...)
 
If we're being super picky, he very specifically says "not Gr.1, not Gr.2, not GT3".

If that word choice was intentional, older and fictional Gr.3s are in play.

(This feels like I'm reading way too deeply into it though...)
That's fine. I guess I misread that GT part. I wouldn't mind the LM C6.

You can read into it as deeply as you want, we're only guessing. Using some logic and whatever clues/breadcrumbs available. It's all fun.
 
I sincerely hope there will be more Sophy in the next update. For example, I think it's a shame that she can't race on the latest track.

I really like the DLC, but I think that selling Sophy 3.0 in the Powerpack detracts from Sophy in custom races, because if they improve Sophy in Sandbox, why buy the DLC?

The trials and qualifiers are cool, but it's much better if we can choose our combos from among our cars.

So maybe they're waiting for the DLC to sell a little before moving forward for the custom race ?
 
On the YT short version of his video he mentions both are race cars, let's gonna speculate with possible cars that meet the criteria (Japan, US, race cars, included in previous GT games, not Gr1, Gr2 or modern GT3):

Japan:
RE Amemiya RX7 GT300
Mitsubishi EVo VI Rally car
Lexus IS F racing concept

US:
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
Chevrolet Corvette C5.R
So basically:

Chevrolet Corvette C6.R '06 (Gr. 3)
Mazda RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 (Gr. 4)
Renault Captur

...for the next update.
None of these besides the Captur, and the idea that both remaining cars are race cars seems to have been plucked out of nowhere.
 
Oh well. I guess a Captur with any R35 engine could be fun. :sly:
 
Last edited:
Mario said in a comment that the car in the thumbnail (the AsparaDrink RX-7) "isn't exactly the one shown, but it's very similar", so maybe the Japanese race car is the RX-7 Touring Car instead? Or some other GT300, I suppose.
That's what I thought as well. From what I'm reading, something tells me at least one of the two unknown cars is a TC/RM from the past, maybe a refreshed one, like what happened to the Silvia TC.
 
Back