Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 50,980 comments
  • 7,943,523 views
After Avantime, Espace F1 and Kangoo, there's only one Renault wanted, and it's not the Captur.
It's a little froggy, her name starts with t and ends with go :-D
Yesss pleaseee. The okd and the new one. Like i would like the clio(old one) and the new renault 5. I mean i just want more daily life cars…of the past(90s/early 2000) and new ones
 
Yesss pleaseee. The okd and the new one. Like i would like the clio(old one) and the new renault 5. I mean i just want more daily life cars…of the past(90s/early 2000) and new ones
For marketing would be a great idea for sure.
There's a lot of Renaults who wants some videogame love. Anyway, I'm interested about the other two cars... might be some good ones.
 
  • He has a contract with his contact not to reveal details?
Well, he does not. He used the word "contract" informally. The meaning I understood can be translated into English as "I promised the guy who told me that to not unveil further information until the update is announced or the silhouettes dropped".

PS: I also picked Mario's hints with a pinch of salt. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy and probably he knows more things than me about the update. It's just me being skeptical.
 
Last edited:
Wasn't Mario Soler the one who leaked the Urus/GT-One update early based on Discord conversations?

Not saying I definitely believe him this time as well, but if there's form there...
 
As long as it isn't a Hybrid with CVT (which the Captur doesn't have a version of, I believe), it should have decent customization. That combo is what doomed the C-HR, CR-V, etc...

Even if it is the CVT version it will probably be similar to the RAV4 (which has a CVT) in terms of performance upgrades. If the transmission has a manual mode, that is.
 
Last edited:
Mario Soler has said that the two cars in addition to the Captur have been in previous GT games.

They aren't Gr.1, Gr. 2 or Gr. 3 cars.

To one of the comments asking for clues, he responded with the flags of Japan and USA.

Personally, I think they could be Professionally Tuned models or some Touring Car like the Civic, Mazda Roadster or Silvia S15.
 
Mario Soler has said that the two cars in addition to the Captur have been in previous GT games.

They aren't Gr.1, Gr. 2 or Gr. 3 cars.

To one of the comments asking for clues, he responded with the flags of Japan and USA.

Personally, I think they could be Professionally Tuned models or some Touring Car like the Civic, Mazda Roadster or Silvia S15.
I'm getting the impression we need to stop talking so much in the Discord! Not that I want to take away one of his content streams..
 
Mario Soler has said that the two cars in addition to the Captur have been in previous GT games.

They aren't Gr.1, Gr. 2 or Gr. 3 cars.

To one of the comments asking for clues, he responded with the flags of Japan and USA.

Personally, I think they could be Professionally Tuned models or some Touring Car like the Civic, Mazda Roadster or Silvia S15.
This 100% fits the RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 posted last page that he used for the silhouette of the video.

That is a car from the 2022 datamine (so very likely to have eventually been added), that has been in the series before, is Japanese, and older GT300 in general extremely likely to be Gr.4.
 
I have revisited Deep Forest CE and I'm really happy with result:

 
Mario Soler has said that the two cars in addition to the Captur have been in previous GT games.

They aren't Gr.1, Gr. 2 or Gr. 3 cars.

To one of the comments asking for clues, he responded with the flags of Japan and USA.

Personally, I think they could be Professionally Tuned models or some Touring Car like the Civic, Mazda Roadster or Silvia S15.
On the YT short version of his video he mentions both are race cars, let's gonna speculate with possible cars that meet the criteria (Japan, US, race cars, included in previous GT games, not Gr1, Gr2 or modern GT3):

Japan:
RE Amemiya RX7 GT300
Mitsubishi EVo VI Rally car
Lexus IS F racing concept

US:
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
Chevrolet Corvette C5.R
 
On the YT short version of his video he mentions both are race cars, let's gonna speculate with possible cars that meet the criteria (Japan, US, race cars, included in previous GT games, not Gr1, Gr2 or modern GT3):

Japan:
RE Amemiya RX7 GT300
Mitsubishi EVo VI Rally car
Lexus IS F racing concept

US:
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
Chevrolet Corvette C5.R
More race cars? What madness is this?
 
US:
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
Chevrolet Corvette C5.R
These would both almost certainly be Gr.3, we're looking for something with a decent amount less power (or a rally car).

Honestly? If it's confirmed the US car is a racing car, the best shouts are probably a Ford historic rally car of some description. RS200, Escort, or Focus. That or the Chevrolet Corvette C2 race car, that's the only American low-power non-rally race car I can think of.

Edit: Chaparral 2D as well. That's actually a strong contender, they need a new Chaparral to do the meme Daytona time trial with this year...
 
Last edited:
On the YT short version of his video he mentions both are race cars, let's gonna speculate with possible cars that meet the criteria (Japan, US, race cars, included in previous GT games, not Gr1, Gr2 or modern GT3):
Both are race cars?
Well if one of them ends up being the RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 as speculated by the thumbnail silhouette, then my best guess would be that its only other rival car from the datamine list would be the other one:
The ARTA/ASL Garaiya GT300.

IMG_0834.webp

IMG_0835.webp
 
Last edited:
Here is what I believe is the complete list of cars that have been: in at least one of GT1-6 but not 7, are American race cars, would not be in Gr.1/2/3 (either because they are too slow, too fast, a rally car, or pre-1980), and are not NASCARs.
  • Chaparral 2D
  • Corvette Z06 (C2)
  • DeltaWing, maybe? I don't know if they'd put this in Gr.1.
  • Ford Escort Rally Car
  • '99 Ford Focus Rally Car
  • '08 Ford Focus Rally Car
  • Ford GT40 Race Car (the Gulf one)
  • Ford RS200 Rally Car
  • Andretti's Hudson
It's not a big list, but if what's being said is true, it has to be one of the above coming.

The Japanese list is going to be a lot bigger, so I'm not going to list them out. But I think the unique 2000s GT300s we've gone over are quite likely for that one.
 
He said two cars may not be real life. Sure that’d be the Amemiya RX-7? Would it be a GTLM instead?
 
Spanish streamer Mario Soler just leaked one of the cars for the next update (Renault Captur) and teased other 2 cars, he has a good record on this as apparently he knows someone on PD or closer to PD (he is good friend of several drivers of the World Series), video is only in spanish:


Is he actually credible or is he just spewing bs for clicks?
 
Acura NSX LM Race car '91 ?
For sure. Could pick pretty much any from that NSX to the Altezza, if it’s in Gr.4. I mean, if it then is just a track car like a Pagani Huayra R, could be anything or something simple like the old Golf IV Touring car that is in the realm of the Civc TC and Roadster TC.
 
For sure. Could pick pretty much any from that NSX to the Altezza, if it’s in Gr.4. I mean, if it then is just a track car like a Pagani Huayra R, could be anything or something simple like the old Golf IV Touring car that is in the realm of the Civc TC and Roadster TC.
I edited my post because I forgot the AEM S2000. I don't know if that car still exists...
 
Taking into account the clues he mentioned in the video, I think it's likely that those two cars will come from here:

1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Race Car
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car

2002 Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
2004 Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
2010 Honda CR-Z Touring Car
2007 Lexus IS-F Touring Car
2008 Lexus IS-F Racing Concept
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Touring Car
1997 Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX Touring Car
1994 Nissan GT-R R32 Touring Car
1997 Nissan GT-R R33 Touring Car
2002 Nissan GT-R R34 Touring Car
2009 Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Touring Car
1995 Suzuki Cappuccino RM
2009 Toyota Prius Touring Car
 
Last edited:
I edited my post because I forgot the AEM S2000. I don't know if that car still exists...
I’m not sure how cryptic or literal he meant with real car, if it’s the correct translation.

Taking into account the clues he mentioned in the video, I think it's likely that those two cars will come from here:

1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Race Car
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car
1979 Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car

2002 Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
2004 Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
2010 Honda CR-Z Touring Car
2007 Lexus IS-F Touring Car
2008 Lexus IS-F Racing Concept
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Touring Car
1997 Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
2005 Mitsubishi Evo IX Touring Car
1994 Nissan GT-R R32 Touring Car
1997 Nissan GT-R R33 Touring Car
2002 Nissan GT-R R34 Touring Car
2009 Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car
2010 Subaru WRX STI Touring Car
1995 Suzuki Cappuccino RM
I was thinking of the Cappuccino as well. Someone above mentioned cars like the GP-Tuned and D-Tuned. Could be something like those and the Mustang AR, Supra GT Road Car, Porsche Rally and Beetle Desert Racer as well. Obviously just guessing.
 
Back