Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
Looks like we will be getting only one GT game for the PS5 Life-Cycle.
Possibly, I personally wouldn't mind one GT game coming out and being added to and developed over the life of the console in lieu of GT8 coming out oni the PS5 but there are caveats to that. Recent GT games haven't had as good single player experiences as GT1-4 had, so if GT7's format is a bit dissapointing at launch I would hope PD could rectify that through updates or if it was too hard coded then GT8 would potentially be preferable.

These are confusing times indeed. GT is a major Sony IP but it's not getting the treatment it deserves. The other games in the July showcase have seemingly got more attention, with extra footage and trailers appearing in the most recent showcase. Several questions have to be asked here: Was PD forced to show something in the July showcase? Was it rushed? Did PD decide to release the original trailer on their own accord? Do Sony care about the game? Why haven't we heard anything? Is that a problem with PD or Sony? Do Sony want to keep things hidden from us in order to surprise everybody? How much longer do we have to wait? Is Sony afraid to announce a delay?

Letting this game fall by the wayside is worrying, so you have to question the priorities of Sony's Management and PR Department. They can't leave us hanging, we want to know what's happening!

Totally agree.

Sony must explain to us.

More than 7 million views on Youtube, proves that the license is still very important. At least tell us that the development is going well or not, given the current health situation. I find that Sony communicates very poorly.

I know I'm dreaming but I wonder if people like @Jordan can ask about it?

Looks like we will be getting only one GT game for the PS5 Life-Cycle.

If they make a Tourist Trophy 2, it's OK for me :sly:

Seriously, PoDi can enrich GT7 very well with updates like they did for GT Sport

These are confusing times indeed. GT is a major Sony IP but it's not getting the treatment it deserves. The other games in the July showcase have seemingly got more attention, with extra footage and trailers appearing in the most recent showcase. Several questions have to be asked here: Was PD forced to show something in the July showcase? Was it rushed? Did PD decide to release the original trailer on their own accord? Do Sony care about the game? Why haven't we heard anything? Is that a problem with PD or Sony? Do Sony want to keep things hidden from us in order to surprise everybody? How much longer do we have to wait? Is Sony afraid to announce a delay?

Letting this game fall by the wayside is worrying, so you have to question the priorities of Sony's Management and PR Department. They can't leave us hanging, we want to know what's happening!
After the success of cinematic style third person action games, Sony seems to care less about GT. It's either they are cocky thinking it would sell regardless or they just don't give a crap about the racing genre. I mean why closed down evolution studio (>inb4 Kaz closed it because he's scared of the competition) when it could have been a great alternative while waiting for a proper Gran Turismo.

Totally agree.

Sony must explain to us.

More than 7 million views on Youtube, proves that the license is still very important. At least tell us that the development is going well or not, given the current health situation. I find that Sony communicates very poorly.

I know I'm dreaming but I wonder if people like @Jordan can ask about it?

If they make a Tourist Trophy 2, it's OK for me :sly:

Seriously, PoDi can enrich GT7 very well with updates like they did for GT Sport

Why is it on Sony again? How could you possibly know who is ultimately behind the silence?

GT1 outside of Europe was May and GT3 everywhere was April-July.
Yeah, back than Japan got the time exclusive with both PS1 and PS2 if I remember correctly. But the game still came out in Q4. The rest of the world could still get the game ether flying to Japan or someone could send it from Japan to them.

If we don't receive any information or trailer until October it's super unlikely that GT7 could be at launch, at best in Early 2021 but I think Q3-Q4 of 2021 is more likely

Let's not forget that PS magazine has put the release date around the launch window..

Yes but without knowing what information they based that on, it's hard to put much weight into it. If they got it direct from Sony then it would be reliable, if they just went on all the launch titles rumours floating around, not so much.

If we don't receive any information or trailer until October it's super unlikely that GT7 could be at launch, at best in Early 2021 but I think Q3-Q4 of 2021 is more likely

It is 100% not a launch title. We would know by now if it was. Forget that idea.

Yes but without knowing what information they based that on, it's hard to put much weight into it. If they got it direct from Sony then it would be reliable, if they just went on all the launch titles rumours floating around, not so much.

It is 100% not a launch title. We would know by now if it was. Forget that idea.

Did you read my message? I said already that is super unlikely that will be at launch, I stated that at least will come in mid 2021 or even late 2021...

Did you read my message? I said already that is super unlikely that will be at launch, I stated that at least will come in mid 2021 or even late 2021...

Well "super unlikely" suggests there is a chance, however slim. There is no chance.

Well, right... that's why GT7 it's at 80% sure 2021 game, the other 20% is for 2022, no chance for 2020 of course

Kaz might delay it to 2022

Last edited:
Let's not forget that PS magazine has put the release date around the launch window..
That doesn't mean anything, the official magazine just pays for the right to be the official magazine, the writers and editor are not employed by Sony. Their news sources are by and large the same as any other paystation magazines.

Last edited:
I read it more like, soon after the console launches vs. a launch title.

Jerome

As I was reading it, the article did look like a hodgepodge of info thrown into a blender. And I agree with the statement that car magazines typically don't know **** about video games until after they get released.

Well, right... that's why GT7 it's at 80% sure 2021 game, the other 20% is for 2022, no chance for 2020 of course

Kaz might delay it to 2022
I would rather say 80% 2nd half 2022 launch / 20% late 2021 launch. But... we shall see.

..and how exactly do you know that Sony didn't ask PD for content and PD said they're not ready? Just like when Sony asks them to release a game on time and PD say they're not ready.

Sony just seem to be the blame scapegoat around here, without evidence.

You think that God of War Ragnarok is ready ?

The fact that GT7 didn't appear at all at the very beginning of conference is because of Kaz ? Come on, it's obvious that Sony controls communication.

Gameplay for GT7 and Ratchet & Clank in June = 2021
No gameplay for Spiderman MM and Demon's Souls in June = launch

Is this normal for you? Not for me.

It isn't not normal, no.

The fact that GT7 didn't appear at all at the very beginning of conference is because of Kaz ? Come on, it's obvious that Sony controls communication.

At this point, we just have to accept that GT7 isn't a launch game. I won't buy a PS5 (or Xbox) at launch, that's all.
They announced GTSport 2 years before its actual release with months of silence between the first trailer and the London event.

Sure, GT is still a big name for Playstation but the racing genre is a niche market now. They simply don't need a racing game at launch.

Well "super unlikely" suggests there is a chance, however slim. There is no chance.
"Super unlikely" is a more reasonable thing to say than "no chance" considering we have no information. Do I (or even the person you're quoting) think it will be a launch title? No, but there seems to be a habit in here of typing up "gotcha" responses that nit pick over specific vocabulary rather than responding to the overall idea of a post.

It isn't not normal, no.

OK.

At this point, we just have to accept that GT7 isn't a launch game. I won't buy a PS5 (or Xbox) at launch, that's all.
They announced GTSport 2 years before its actual release with months of silence between the first trailer and the London event.

Sure, GT is still a big name for Playstation but the racing genre is a niche market now. They simply don't need a racing game at launch.

For me, no PS5 without GT7. I will wait :)

I just critic communication from Sony which is very bad.

Not sure what God Of War has to do with anything. I'm just saying, the facts we know are

- GT7 did not appear at the event.

That's it. I don't know why. You don't know why. It may be because Sony didn't want to show it for whatever reason, as you surmise. But it also be that PD didn't have anything for them to show, and/or requested they didn't show the game. We do not know. That is the simple point I'm making, you can't just point fingers at Sony without knowing the facts. There is no evidence that Sony literally forces all actions as some people like to claim. There is no evidence that PD are gagged.

"Super unlikely" is a more reasonable thing to say than "no chance" considering we have no information. Do I (or even the person you're quoting) think it will be a launch title? No, but there seems to be a habit in here of typing up "gotcha" responses that nit pick over specific vocabulary rather than responding to the overall idea of a post.

It's not a problem

If you regularlly watch the game shows you'll see it's quite common for a game to be revealed and then no further information to appear for quite some time. It's very normal i.e. common, for a game to be a no show at the next games show/s following it's reveal. Sometimes it can be years between the first reveal and the next trailer/information reveal.

If you regularlly watch the game shows you'll see it's quite common for a game to be revealed and then no further information to appear for quite some time. It's very normal i.e. common, for a game to be a no show at the next games show/s following it's reveal. Sometimes it can be years between the first reveal and the next trailer/information reveal.

...and likely the only reason GT7 had gameplay rather than a typical teaser trailer is because it was 90% GTS, on one track.

Last edited:
...and likely the only reason GT7 had gameplay rather than a typical teaser trailer is because it was 90% GTS, on one track.

Spiderman MM use same engine than Marvel's Spiderman and will be also on PS4. Horizon FW use Decima Engine and will be also on PS4.

It's not an excuse.

Spiderman MM use same engine than Marvel's Spiderman and will be also on PS4. Horizon FW use Decima Engine and will be also on PS4.

It's not an excuse.
It's frustrating as a fan of the series, you want all the information you can get but Sony know what they're doing as does the industry in general.

Very questionable to put that date on the article with nowhere offering Gran Turismo 7 as a pre-order title for the PS5 yet, at least not in the UK and the fact that PD themselves have said nothing.

Could it be they just want to surprise everyone and say nothing about the game, don't think so somehow!

We have October remaining so it's either gonna be in yer face news every week or nothing at all. Yo! PD I'm waiting!!!

cmon guys, Sony would have shown this system seller last week if its going to be a launch title.

You really think they would hide this valuable info :boggled:

And please don‘t blame Corvid 19 for all this delay.
We know Polyphony for 20 years now.

They always were slow and I am also disappointed that GT Sport does nog seem to get any more content....

They biggesg problem is and was the communication so we can just guess and assume.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back