Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
To anyone who had the money to buy anything else besides the cheap econoboxes at the beginning, did your first menu book revolve around the car you bought? Or was the menu book still about the cheap econoboxes?
The menu books are fixed order for everyone.

GT Sport had a sort of "riding the clutch" sound when shifting gears. So this is definitely an improvement.
As someone with a fast foot, and knowing how to drive cars properly that sound murdered me on GT Sport 😂😂 Glad shifting like a 17 year old is gone

As the order of menu books is pretty fixed and the main method of unlocking features, I wonder if new tracks and cars that arrive in the game will be sorted into new menu books? That might result in themed update sets. I saw that tracks tend to be unlocked as prizes by completing menus, so that makes we wonder whether this could be a method by which new content added in updates would still then have to be 'earned'.
*Edit - though logistically, adding menu books on the end to unlock things would mean it could take an inordinate amount of time for some players to unlock the content in the latest update. Maybe disregard this thought.

Last edited:
As the order of menu books is pretty fixed and the main method of unlocking features, I wonder if new tracks and cars that arrive in the game will be sorted into new menu books? That might result in themed update sets. I saw that tracks tend to be unlocked as prizes by completing menus, so that makes we wonder whether this could be a method by which new content added in updates would still then have to be 'earned'.
I'm almost certain of it.

I have a question for anyone who has played, or if anyone knows. Is there any option to add raised white lettering to tires? Or are they locked to certain types? Thank you!

Only played for an hour or so, seems similar to Sport but with some tweaks to the physics. Looks great and runs well enough on my PS4 Pro. Biggest issue I have currently is the head movement in cockpit view, I tend to tap the steering which leads to it jiggling around like I'm playing a bad rFactor mod from 15 years ago, even being smooth just feels odd. They do have an option that makes it far worse, but it would be nice to have an additional setting that's the same as it was in GT Sport, I don't really see why we cant have that.

Interested to see how things develop.

Just fired up the PS4 to download the update and realized that GT7 releases in North America at midnight eastern. Good news for me that is 10pm, so I can play it for an hour before bed. 😁

Also, it installed the update but didn't have to recopy the whole game? Weird.

Has anyone checked in on our friend from Twitch? I hope he is well.
He played for about an hour or so earlier, struggled through to silver in a 3-race championship in a GR Supra that was outmatched by rivals including a tuned 22B and an Amemiya RX-7. He's improved his manual shifting a lot! Left to see a movie and said he'd be back on later.

Hopefully my copy will arrive in the morning (3am here now). It's already been logged as sitting in the distribution centre about 45mins drive from my house for the past 23hrs. Frustrating wait.

After about 5 hours completing all Gold License Tests (except Super License), I'm not that impressed with the PS5 graphics.

Reflections/Shadows on cars have jagged edges, they pop-in and pop out especially in Trial Mountain and Deep Forest Raceway under trees. What an eyesore.

Performance RT is not always 30fps so I'm not gonna use RT anymore even for replay.

I use Thrustmaster T300RS with the latest firmware. Physics are expected from GT franchise but force feedback detail is way too low. Many kerbs are basically dead including sausage kerbs. They don't give the vibration/rumble you expected.

Lack of even basic steering wheel settings.

Demonstration Ghost Lap is much faster than Gold Lap Time.

Yet another era of dumb rolling start racing.

Only online races will keep me entertained after the License Tests.

Just received a phone call from my local GameStop saying they’re doing a late night release of GT7 tonight starting at 9pm. So excited!!!
Jealous. I got The Call and went down to try and negotiate getting mine early.

No dice.

It also literally moves around the field, and there's a bunch off to the left too...

10/10, absolutely MUST buy.

No Nessie or Monkey at Trial Mountain though :(

...safety car boards and flags, safety car boards and flags...

Last edited:
That clubman cup race at tokyo on hardest difficulty made me recheck my car setup as i was left in the dust.. had to squeeze everything out of the Mitsubishi gto twin turbo.

Felt good when i actually beat it, the Ai were bloody fast.

I would consider the t-shirt but that's it. Not even the socks.

Now to watch the new South Park and then some music rally before I pass out.

Other cars that need invites include the:
Aston Martin One-77
Aston Martin Vulcan
Bugatti Veyron
Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
Ferrari FXX K
Ferrari LaFerrari
Pagani Huayra
Porsche Carrera GT

So all in all, ten cars need invitations to be bought, and it involves at least seven brands... at least for now. As more hypercars will eventually make their way into GT7 in future updates, who know if they'll need invitations to buy them.
Damn, 2 of my interests are in there.

I'm waiting here...

20220303_215442.jpg

26 minutes until I can start the application, 6 hours for the other 90GiB.
I wonder if I can drive something while I wait, I haven't read all of the last 60 pages :D

Back