Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,363 comments
Use lift off oversteer to your advantage. Don't mash the throttle everywhere you go, because the nose lifts at low speeds and you lose steering. On high speed corners coast at the end of the straight so the car settles and you don't understeer off the track. Modulate the throttle mid corner to maintain the line, and brake in a straight line to keep the car stable; trail-braking in the Escudo should only be used for low speed corners.
I know that now, I already won the race. That comment was purely me wanting to vent to someone, but thanks for the advise anyway.
I personally can't stand Willow because of that Lewis Hamilton challenge from GTSport, but the Escudo itself is fun to drive.
Not sure if I will agree with the Escudo being fun to drive. I don't exacly like cars that as you say nose lift at low speeds.

More? It's already 1,8M for what was it, ~7m 30s?
Yes, I want more! To make up for how much more difficult these things are to drive than a GT3 car. Also, you can only win that prize money once.

I finally got a PS5 and oh my god the difference between the PS4 and PS5 versions are just jawdropping. I thought I was being pranked when I started a custom race and the track loaded in less than a second, graphically it's also such a huge jump over the PS4 version, just great stuff overall.
A few weeks back Super GT played GTS. Even with YouTube compression, the difference on Monza was stark. You'd have sworn it was a PS3 game! GTS didn't get a native PS5 upgrade so I assume that's representative of GT7 on PS4. If so, those upgrading to PS5 will get a leap in graphical fidelity they probably weren't expecting!

C7665AE7-0275-44EA-8BF7-694E3A49439C.jpeg
B3ED4197-9333-4090-92DB-948E6F4A510A.jpeg

I have anti-lag installed by default on mitsu evo 15' from brand central, anti lag on weak setting (=faible), I have never seen this

I finally got a PS5 and oh my god the difference between the PS4 and PS5 versions are just jawdropping. I thought I was being pranked when I started a custom race and the track loaded in less than a second, graphically it's also such a huge jump over the PS4 version, just great stuff overall.

Did you upgrade your television too? Part of the reason I'm waiting is for me it would represent a double investment should I decide to go ps5

IGN Japan posted a pretty long article exploring PD headquarters and interviewed Kaz

3 Takeaways:

new city course is probably not coming to GT7 because they take incredible amount of resources to make(to Reach GT7 quality), all assets are unique in a city course and can not be reused for another course. The time and resources spent on one city course can be used to create 5 normal circuits.To have new city courses appearing in GT7 or future GTs some kind of technical innovation needs to happen.

One car model takes 9 month to model now

Kaz said they are not 'actively working on porting GT7 to PC' it's an idea that goes through his mind of course because well as a creator he considers all possibilities. 'you can't say I never thought about it'

The article says there was some kind of language barrier during the gtplanet interview. But GT7 on PC is not being worked on right now.

Last edited:
Polyphony recently gave a studio tour to the Japanese press, and one of the presentation slides shows the interior of a Jaguar XJ220 (which coincidentally appeared in the datamine list from a while back).

ga012_o.jpg

Kaz also said that each car takes 270 days to complete by a single staff member, and denied considering a release of Gran Turismo on PC.

View attachment 1217820
Worth noting the XJ220 was a standard car in the old games, so for there to be an interior scan means it's much likelier to be a new scan rather than them just showing old data.

Hopefully.

To have city courses to appear in GT7 or future GTs some kind of technical innovation needs to happen.
Epic's done a whole lot of innovating on this front with UE5. I wonder if there's not an opportunity for some collaboration here.

KojiPro/Guerilla are using MetaHuman to create character models in Death Stranding 2, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Kaz says there was some kind of language barrier during the gtplanet interview.
There must be some kind of language barrier in how IGN has relayed that, because we didn't say they were working on a PC version or even thinking about working on one. Yamauchi was asked if it would be something he would consider and he said "Yes, I think so" - followed by a lot of caveats, some of which were also discussed in the other session, about the technical differences of developing for a closed system and PC.

At no point in our piece is the possibility raised any higher than that. The "looking into and considering" quote they've lifted from the end (which was said in the interview; I caught the original Japanese "kento" in the audio, I think in "kento [word which gets hilariously censored as a British word for poo but is a common Japanese verb form] imasu" but it's a bit quiet - which I'd translate as "I am considering it", and which was translated as such) is being used to imply more than that - a process that's underway, rather than a possibility that's been thought about. As Yamauchi might say, he's always living in the future and thinking about a lot of things...

And it wasn't a GTPlanet interview; it was a round-table. We kept the receipts too.

A few weeks back Super GT played GTS. Even with YouTube compression, the difference on Monza was stark. You'd have sworn it was a PS3 game! GTS didn't get a native PS5 upgrade so I assume that's representative of GT7 on PS4. If so, those upgrading to PS5 will get a leap in graphical fidelity they probably weren't expecting!
Not quite, GT7 on PS4 still had improvements over GTS in terms of visuals, but yeah, it can't compare to the PS5 version at all. I was on the PS4 Slim too so not even the Pro
Did you upgrade your television too? Part of the reason I'm waiting is for me it would represent a double investment should I decide to go ps5
Nope, still on a 1080p monitor

Wow that's horrible
Polyphony recently gave a studio tour to the Japanese press, and one of the presentation slides shows the interior of a Jaguar XJ220 (which coincidentally appeared in the datamine list from a while back).

ga012_o.jpg

Kaz also said that each car takes 270 days to complete by a single staff member, and denied considering a release of Gran Turismo on PC.
So it's just matter of time until the car is added! Yay!
p78
If they add the Xj220, hopefully we can chuck in a v12 at some point, as it was intended.
Which one?

I

ga012_o.jpg

View attachment 1217820
I read all of that. Their work and vision is just tremendous. They obsess over the tiniest of the details, and this time, they are probably going to be able to continue to use the car models on future games.

One of the most detailed games for sure

kjb
I wonder why the time to make cars went from 6 months to 9 months
Ray tracing likely adds complexity. Don't forget that cars that were formerly Standard vehicles in the PS3 era needed to be rebuilt from scratch.

I remember hearing certain outsourced cars would take three months to complete, while nine months is the time frame for individual artists from Polyphony doing all the work in-house.

The fact we got 30 cars in nine months would make me assume there are 30 people on the car modeling team, with each working on one car alone (assuming Polyphony aren't outsourcing anyone at this period).

It could also be assumed that the currently-known cars that are leaked in the datamine have been built for some time and are going under quality control before being released.

Hopefully 2023 will see a much larger volume of cars per update. Something like GT Sport's early days where up to 15 cars were featured in one update, given the world is slowly normalizing.

Last edited:
Back