Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,956 comments
FFS, what tires are the license test cars using? Is there any tread pattern or are they completely bald? It feels particularly egregious here because you enter a corner at the lowest and all the car wants to do is spin away and drill through the tarmac looking for oil.

Last night (this morning, let's be honest :lol: ) the NSX test at Suzuka? It got to the point where I more or less manhandled it to get gold. I feel like I exploited the game's physics to get the car to do what I needed, and it felt slower than driving the way I'm supposed to. :odd:

I can feel the improvements in the physics (at least I think they're improvements and not a placebo effect) but please, for the love of the Mazda Furai, get me off of these goddamn tires. :lol:
just wait until IA-10

My game is still downloading, but I can at least try the music rally mod. I actually kinda like it, it reminds me of Outrun and Sierra Time Rally, just with its own musical twist. I just wish the first challenge wasn't on Alsace, some of the turns on that track in GTS really annoyed me.

I mean, it's not as bad here since I'm in a Porsche 356, so it's kinda easy to maneuver around, but still. It's an annoying track.

My game is still downloading, but I can at least try the music rally mod. I actually kinda like it, it reminds me of Outrun and Sierra Time Rally, just with its own musical twist. I just wish the first challenge wasn't on Alsace, some of the turns on that track in GTS really annoyed me.

I mean, it's not as bad here since I'm in a Porsche 356, so it's kinda easy to maneuver around, but still. It's an annoying track.
I missed Gold by .01, I hate myself...

During replays we have this cool cockpit angle. ;) (Sorry if it's already been pointed out).
You can drive with this view in Project Cars 2, not practical for serious racing but very immersive when you just want to have fun.

Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 20-51-35 Xbox Social.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 20-51-35 Xbox Social.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 20-51-35 Xbox Social.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 11
Anyone figured out how to add tire smoke in Scapes like in the trailers?
1646429005114.png

Pic has the car kicking up dust from behind (and there was also the Viper one) but I cant figure out how to actually get it to show up in scapes, or where the option is at the very least.

Having access to a test track in the garage would make tuning easier
Is it possible to just go to a track and tune the car there?

That's always been the classic way to do it IIRC, drive a lap or two, tweak, rinse and repeat

Well, I've had such an amazing time with it that I dragged the G29 down from the loft to keep playing on my 4K set. It's such a wonderful entry in the series, and in the genre overall as well.

rsz_20220304_203643.png

For anyone needing mods info, the 997 GT3 can have a duck tail, or two versions of a racing wing, mesh air intakes and a racing diffuser.

Back