Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,940 comments
Fw9PBg9X0AAi67i

Looks like all the engines in our inventory are worthless now. You will always get charged the same amount for the swap regardless of whether you already own the engine.

Edit: You can still install the ticket engines from the tuning parts menu in your garage.

Last edited:
Looks like all the engines in our inventory are worthless now. You will always get charged the same amount for the swap regardless of whether you already own the engine.
You can't swap the inventory engines into the cars from the garage? That's how the other parts that you win from tickets work (non-ultimate parts that is)

Has anyone had any of their gift ticket rewards change? I had three four star tickets for cars and a six star one for parts and they give me the same as before the update.

Last edited:
Hmm… anyone having problems connecting to the server?
Yup still having connection problems kind of unplayable atm for me

I also cant get the GT Website to load at all but its fine for all other sites so its not my internet

Last edited:

I also cant get the GT Website to load at all but its fine for all other sites so its not my internet
Yeah, same. Not logging onto the website. Guess I’m done til tomorrow.

I had 3 tickets from before the update. None of them changed. One was a citroen invite
I was holding on to 2 invite tickets and to engine tickets, the engine tickets changed to something better but the invite tickets didn't so that's 0/8 for invite tickets changing.

Makes you wonder if invite are the rarest to change to another invite.

I remember a member here on gtp told me a while back to hang in there that my Ferrari invite would soon come and it did.
So Doncarlone hang in there the Pagani invite will drop for you soon.

Last edited:
I was holding on to 2 invite tickets and to engine tickets, the engine tickets changed to something better but the invite tickets didn't so that's 0/8 for invite tickets changing.

I remember a member here on gtp told me a while back to hang in there that my Ferrari invite would soon come and it did.
The funny thing: toyota supra engine swap is the pagani huayra engine. I bought a supra yesterday to engine swap.
You cant get a huayra without invite or ticket, but you can buy a huayra engine for your supra. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I'm a little confused on why they didn't go the extra mile and just add the group a skyline but, still excited about the cars!
I think because it would require a new scan, which takes time. The homologation special was most likely created in no time modifying the existing model in the game. To me it seems like a filler addition buying them time, so they could keep up adding at least three cars per update.

Also, the Ultimate tuning section means they're finally available for the cars from 20th century (sold in the UCD and LCD), right?
Yep, I just used my Camaro Z28 ‘69 to check, and you can install the titanium rods & pistons and high lift camshaft S, along with the carbon shaft now.

Just in case nobody has answered your question yet.

Hmm… anyone having problems connecting to the server?

Yes. Was driving for over 2 hours after the update but it has crashed now and will not load.

Having problems for over an hour now. Seems to be limited to AU/NZ players? Did the usual modem/PS4 reset with no luck.

Oh well, trust PD to bring something good and mess up something else in every update...

Tickets only change if the prize pool your reward is from gets updated. They never add new invites, so tickets that give you an invite won't change (unless they do, which they probably never will).

E.g. if there's an update with cars and you have a ticket that gave you a car - the cars get added to the prize pool, and so the the ticket reward changes. If they didn't add any cars, the pool wouldn't update and the prize would stay the same.

The new Super Formula race around Road Atlanta is good fun. Won it with a one stop strategy, to fit a fresh pair of soft tyres mid way through. The AI are slow in to T1, and with some of them using Mediums to go long, it's easy to pull out a 20 sec lead by the end.

The Autopolis race is depending on when and how much rain falls for you. Haven't won it yet, need to get better at running that track.

Back