Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
Last edited:
There's four sets of rules that I think make sense - 1999 is very much a crossover year for Le Mans rulesets which makes things difficult:
  • PD consider Gr.1 to be prototypes only regardless of year or speed, and also consider the existence of the 1998 road car enough to make the 1999 LMGTP GT-One not a "true" prototype. This would put the V12 LMR, Speed 8 and all R8s, including the 1999 R8C in Gr.1.
  • PD think LMGTP should be Gr.2, but LMP900 and 1999 LMP Gr.1. This would put the R8C and Speed 8 in Gr.2, but the V12 LMR and 2000s R8s in Gr.1.
  • PD think all 1999 Le Mans LM cars should be in Gr.2, like 1995-1998. This would put the V12 LMR and R8C in Gr.2, and the Speed 8 and 2000s R8s could be either as we'd have no information on what they think of 2000s LMGTP or LMP900.
  • PD think all other 1999 Le Mans LM cars should be Gr.1, but are making an exception for the GT-One, possibly because they want to keep it with where the R390 would eventually end up for the nostalgia. This would, like option 1, put everything else mentioned above in Gr.1.
Unfortunately any of the above four rules could be true, we don't know enough about how they classify cars to choose until they put another car from the era in.
PD should simply divide the proper prototypes into various categories, it is normal for a car like the GT-One '99 (LMGTP) not to be in Gr. 1 as it is structured now, but it is also wrong to place it in Gr. 2 together with the GT500, which deserve a separate group. So, if it were up to me, I would do this:

1) Gr. 1 > modern prototypes, roughly from 2006/2009 onwards (why do I say 2006/2009? Because in 2006 we saw the first diesel powered LMP car on the track, the Audi R10 TDI, and in 2009 arrived its evolution, in the form of the R15 TDI, and if we had both cars in the game I don't think they, especially the latter, would have far off performance from the R18 '11 which is already in Gr. 1);

2) Gr. 1 "Historic" > GT1 from the late 90s and LMP900/LMGTP/LMP1 prototypes from the early 2000s, let's say until 2004/2005 (theoretically, it would be appropriate to separate the GT1s from the LMPs, but in fact we have only two GT1s in the game currently, McLaren F1 Longtail and Mercedes CLK LM, it would have been better to have other GT1s such as the GT-One '98, the Nissan R390, the Porsche 911 GT1 98 and the Panoz);

3) Gr. C > well the name says it all (here we would find the various Mazda 787B, Nissan R92 CP, Porsche 962, etc.);

4) Gr. 2 > the only GT500s from SuperGT.

But unfortunately none of what I said will happen and so we have to keep the mess of the various groups we have now.

How does the car valuation service work? I mean when you’re going to sell your car.
I won a duplicate LFA like a month ago, and the value was about 900’ i think. The diagram showed that the car was worth about 1 mil two weeks earlier. So I decided to wait and thought that it may rise again soon enough.

Bad call… The value has tanked brutally and is now a mere 749’. Is the value likely to go up sooner or later or is my yellow LFA suffering from severe dead-in-the-market-ism?

How does the car valuation service work? I mean when you’re going to sell your car.
I won a duplicate LFA like a month ago, and the value was about 900’ i think. The diagram showed that the car was worth about 1 mil two weeks earlier. So I decided to wait and thought that it may rise again soon enough.

Bad call… The value has tanked brutally and is now a mere 749’. Is the value likely to go up sooner or later or is my yellow LFA suffering from severe dead-in-the-market-ism?
It rises and falls. When it tanks, hold onto it. The value will go up.

LMGTP superior to Group C? I don’t know. Group C aerodynamics may not have been the best but Group C had straight line speed that would give even an LMP1 a hard time.
Compare lap times at Fuji or La Sarthe (with chicanes, so 1990 or later) between the GT-ONE and the 962C, XJR-9 and 787B. The GT-ONE was several seconds faster at both tracks in both quali and race trim.

Speaking of the urus: the car only makes 2 laps at the nordschleife (24h layout)with a fuelrate of x1?!
Assuming a 75L fuel tank, that's approaching 150L/100km, or 1.56 miles per US gallon :lol:. I'll have to check that out later, that's nuts.

I tried the Audi R8 V10 plus and it seems pretty unstable for an all-wheel drive car, like as if it tries to violently twist its body as it shifts its weight from corner to corner. The end result was 6:44.431 stock around the Nordschleife with Racing: Soft tires.

This thing seems harder to drive than even the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640.

Still yet to try out the Toyota GT-One though, although I'm not optimistic about its lap time. Don't get me wrong though, it's an amazing car, but you know my opinions already.

Last edited:
Ever heard of Ferrari 2+2 cars? Practical, beautiful and high-performing vehicles that worked fine sticking to ground level. Lamborghini Espada comes to mind as well. No, SUVs like the Urus exist because people’s appreciation for aesthetics are in a decline. The fact that the absolutely hideous Tesla Cybertruck has acquired mainstream “appeal” says everything really.
Oh, how I'd like the Espada to be in the game. My Lord, I'd explode.

I tried the Audi R8 V10 plus and it seems pretty unstable for an all-wheel drive car, like as if it tries to violently twist its body as it shifts its weight from corner to corner. The end result was 6:44.431 stock around the Nordschleife with Racing: Soft tires.

This thing seems harder to drive than even the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640.

Still yet to try out the Toyota GT-One though, although I'm not optimistic about its lap time. Don't get me wrong though, it's an amazing car, but you know my opinions already.
You can't put racing slicks on a stock roadcar without it becoming very leery.

You can't put racing slicks on a stock roadcar without it becoming very leery.
I have met A LOT of people online believing that Racing Soft tires SOLVES all of the inherent handling problems of road cars, and ending up spinning out or crashing then whine.

IMG_20240328_170732.jpg

And I have done that in SPORTS SOFT tires in 700 pp. The car needs some attention in tuning to get the best out of it.

received_788329246093597.jpeg

And that maxed out, turbocharged tune lap was also done in Sports Soft tires.

I am not saying that one shouldn't use Racing Softs on road cars. But there are other factors to consider when learning and/or tuning the dynamics of a car. Tires are half of the battle.

Last edited:
I have met A LOT of people online believing that Racing Soft tires SOLVES all of the inherent handling problems of road cars, and ending up spinning out or crashing then whine.

View attachment 1342628

And I have done that in SPORTS SOFT tires in 700 pp. The car needs some attention in tuning to get the best out of it.

View attachment 1342629

And that maxed out, turbocharged tune lap was also done in Sports Soft tires.

I am not saying that one shouldn't use Racing Softs on road cars. But there are other factors to consider when learning and/or tuning the dynamics of a car. Tires are half of the battle.
If you put slicks under a road car you have to significantly tune its suspension too, starting with an increase in spring frequency from 2 or below to 3 or more.

If you put slicks under a road car you have to significantly tune its suspension too, starting with an increase in spring frequency from 2 or below to 3 or more.
Yes that is true.

Hence, one can't just slap on racing slicks on stock suspension and call it a day. The suspension has to cope up with the capabilities of the tire.

Typically on racing tires, my spring frequency is in 3 or little less than 4 in the road cars.

Never had any idea how to tune a limited-slip differential or dampers. Can anyone please help me figure this out a bit? :cheers:

Never had any idea how to tune a limited-slip differential or dampers. Can anyone please help me figure this out a bit? :cheers:
Initial Torque
The initial torque determines how much power is needed to activate the differential.
A higher number produces more understeer at low G corners while high G corners show more oversteer.
A lower number produces more oversteer at low G corners while high G corners show more understeer.

Acceleration Sensitivity
The Acceleration Sensitivity level adjusts the engagement during full throttle. The higher the value the higher the engagement resulting in less wheel spin(limiting slip); however, the car may become unstable on full throttle when at full steering lock.

Braking Sensitivity
The Braking Sensitivity level adjusts the engagement during deceleration (braking, turning-in, and coasting). The higher the value, the higher the engagement; however, the car may understeer heavily when turning-in at high values.

This is a great read for tuning and the dampers

Last edited:
Initial Torque
The initial torque determines how much power is needed to activate the differential.
A higher number produces more understeer at low G corners while high G corners show more oversteer.
A lower number produces more oversteer at low G corners while high G corners show more understeer.

Acceleration Sensitivity
The Acceleration Sensitivity level adjusts the engagement during full throttle. The higher the value the higher the engagement resulting in less wheel spin(limiting slip); however, the car may become unstable on full throttle when at full steering lock.

Braking Sensitivity
The Braking Sensitivity level adjusts the engagement during deceleration (braking, turning-in, and coasting). The higher the value, the higher the engagement; however, the car may understeer heavily when turning-in at high values.

This is a great read for tuning and the dampers
Digit website also has a guide for various tunning options. It's worth the read.

Yeah, in 2019:

That and the C12 Zonda they Dyno'd would be welcome additions :cool:

A few things.How does the event directory work? For example on the Historic sports car races ive completed 3 of them,came third in the 3 but it still puts me at 0% completion for this event.Is this a bug or do I need to do something else?
Also,I didnt know that adding an engine swap altered your gear ratios! Stock R33 with custom transmission,I set the ratios then did the engine swap and the ratio changed for each gear.Not a big issue just something ive never noticed before,only played the game since launch so maybe I need my eyes looking at. :lol:

A few things.How does the event directory work? For example on the Historic sports car races ive completed 3 of them,came third in the 3 but it still puts me at 0% completion for this event.Is this a bug or do I need to do something else?
Yeah, you need to win the races.

Back