Gran Turismo 7 leaked out plus release date at GameStop *rumor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end, why not? GTSport is on sale everywhere for 30 euros even sometimes less. A huge part of players are waiting for a true Gran Turismo: a GT mode, lots of cars, tuning...

At the end, why not? GTSport is on sale everywhere for 30 euros even sometimes less. A huge part of players are waiting for a true Gran Turismo: a GT mode, lots of cars, tuning...

Really? I didn't know that many players were waiting in the wings. Also $37-40 seems typical for a game that is more than half a year old now. I don't see why this supposedly factors into a sudden jump of ship.

As for the thread itself, I'm surprised no one suggested that a gamestop employee didn't simply do this for fun, to just churn the pot. The idea that some put out here that this is a scheme for money to be made by them, must not understand how you can't actually promote something for future purchase based on nothing. Despite some of the hate for the company that's not a legal practice and would be quite dumb anyways because they'd have to pay back those pre-orders.

Personally I would love it if they split the series. The road cars in GTS just don't really make much sense with the overall theme of the game. I kinda wish they would stop adding them in as DLC. Now it'd be great if we got a Mk4 Supra, R34 GTR, Diablo, 2005 Ford GT, etc. in Gr.3 but with only the road cars they're kind of a fun little thing on the side that doesn't really add much to the game.

Give the road cars a proper treatment with a numbered GT game.

I also just like having them physically :P

I don't buy physical anymore. Last game was gt sport in October. I buy digital as I essentially get 2 games for 1, one for me, one for my brothers ps4. Then there's the decent deals on xbox/ps4 and the xbox game pass, which is only going to get better as all 1st party games are included at launch, including the next Forza Horizon (when announced).

I don't buy physical anymore. Last game was gt sport in October. I buy digital as I essentially get 2 games for 1, one for me, one for my brothers ps4. Then there's the decent deals on xbox/ps4 and the xbox game pass, which is only going to get better as all 1st party games are included at launch, including the next For a Horizon (when announced).
Yep, and then there's also some games that come bundles with a seasonal pass, or in-game items. Digital's honestly better than physical in every way now, since you can even share the same game across PS4s, and be able to play it simultaneously. My pure nostalgia of having a physical copy of a game is the only thing that makes me buy them tbh :D

I love gt sport with passion. I would want them to focus on gt sport more. I don’t believe gt7 will come that soon. It’s fake.

But if gt7 is coming, I’m not complaining.

If this is true how disappointing. So Gt Sport will be dumped and left for dead. I dont get it are videogames like clothes where they get tossed in one day and buy another to toss it later again.

Games should be supported rather being dumped early on. I hope this is not true.

If this is true how disappointing. So Gt Sport will be dumped and left for dead. I dont get it are videogames like clothes where they get tossed in one day and buy another to toss it later again.

Games should be supported rather being dumped early on. I hope this is not true.

I highly doubt it will be like that. Gran Turismo isn't Forza Motorsport. There are generally a cycle of about 3 to 4 years between the games since number 3

I highly doubt it will be like that. Gran Turismo isn't Forza Motorsport. There are generally a cycle of about 3 to 4 years between the games since number 3

I dont think Gt Sport is a failure despite what some might say. Despite its lack of content it is still a solid GT game which I enjoy hence why I hope they support it more.

Many can agree we dont want GT to end up like Forza where a game comes out every year and comes with overpriced dlc with each game.

Ya'll, it took them FOREVER to make this game. Wasnt it like... 5 years between GT6 and this?

We have had this game for like 7 months. Why would they spend 5 years of work and money on a game and then not support it?

Also, if it took them 5 years to make a game which most of us agree is lacking in content, why would you expect a GT7 with hundreds of cars and tens of tracks after 7 months? That doesn't make any sense. Those are incredibly ludicrous expectations from a company who is arguably slow to its competitors.

We still haven't had the first FiA championship race, this game is just getting started.

P.S. GT7 very likely has no gameplay footage. I don't think the ESRB can rate it without gameplay regardless of what the game is about. (One would think at least)

Last edited:
GT7.jpg

And here we were dismissing @amar212's comments back in (2015, I think?). I'm literally shaking my head at some of these reactions.

Why are people expending any brain energy at all thinking about this enough to get angry about it?

Because reaction to their own opinion has overtaken the original content in terms of importance.
And here we were dismissing @amar212's comments back in (2015, I think?). I'm literally shaking my head at some of these reactions.

Sadly, the problem isn't GTSport, it's the way people interact with external content.

It's pretty clear in my mind that GTS is a GT5P for FIA sanctioned races and GT7 will, while having a proper full offline mode at launch, still have the "sport" online aspect. They just need to separate the online/offline saves much as they did with GT2 having arcade and sim modes on different discs. In my mind, a simple solution but who knows where PD's mind wanders

This could be leaked gameplay footage?

portch1281060690.jpg

(If so, Portch confirmed!!)

Edit: On closer inspection I’m not actually sure. But at least the quality matches the leaked box art.

Those wheels are awesome!!!! I wonder if that is a newly designed wheel by Portch specifically for the 9/11 ??? Maybe they will show up in GT-S mileage exchange, do you know if they are 4 or 5 lug??

I honestly doubt that there will be another GT on the PS4. There simply is no reason for it these days since content can be added via updates and a racing game doesn‘t require a new iteration every (few) year(s) now. For games like The Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy it‘s understandable as every new game actually is something new and not just refined gameplay and new content. GT doesn‘t have a story to play through so it‘s ok to constantly update it until the release of the next GT on the next generation of consoles
Except that game sales peek early and players drift away to other games quickly. You can't just keep pumping out updates until the next console comes out, there just won't be a big enough player base to keep buying the DLC. A new game is done to generate money from sales.

Ya'll, it took them FOREVER to make this game. Wasnt it like... 5 years between GT6 and this?

We have had this game for like 7 months. Why would they spend 5 years of work and money on a game and then not support it?

Also, if it took them 5 years to make a game which most of us agree is lacking in content, why would you expect a GT7 with hundreds of cars and tens of tracks after 7 months? That doesn't make any sense. Those are incredibly ludicrous expectations from a company who is arguably slow to its competitors.

We still haven't had the first FiA championship race, this game is just getting started.

P.S. GT7 very likely has no gameplay footage. I don't think the ESRB can rate it without gameplay regardless of what the game is about. (One would think at least)
4 years
End 2013 > end 2017 > 4 years

I really hope this is true. As hard as I try to like it, I think GT Sport is pitiful effort for 5 years development. Even more so if you compare it to the competition, produced in less time.

Yes its a pretty game, stunning visuals but it is so dire in execution.

They pushed out 50 new cars in 3 months, so why did the game only come with 170 at launch? Also a hand full of tracks? 5 years what were they doing???? they weren't making a single player game, the late add on career mode is so rubbish. Other then grinding for credits is pointless, No exclusive cars to win, or true progression. Yes you get XP for winning towards higher tier races but you can also get that for taking 1000 photos, liking photos and so on, again pointless really.

The online could have been great, but instead its only great for the few! The rest of us are the fat kid in PE at school, picked last, to make the numbers up.

So I really hope this is true, a real GT game, working my way from a Mazda MX5 up to racing cars, upgrading parts, appropriate rewards, leveling up, and an online racing mode, fair to all

Maybe too many beers!! Rant over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back