Gran Turismo 7 leaked out plus release date at GameStop *rumor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to get a bit more, for my money, out of GT Sport before thinking about another GT. Another 3 or 4 larger updates with a nice number of cars and 3 new tracks. GT Sport is a well polished game. It's in content that it falls behind. Let's hope things kick back into gear this month or the next. I'll get the extra DLC, even if paid. I really don't want PD to go back to radio silence mode.

Last edited:
Even put it through the gt7 livery editor (or the Xperia photo editor).

View attachment 734638

Somebody did a Gulf Portch :cheers:

71DA9071-3A5F-454B-80AE-78E03F55C555.jpeg

This could be leaked gameplay footage?

portch1281060690.jpg

(If so, Portch confirmed!!)

Edit: On closer inspection I’m not actually sure. But at least the quality matches the leaked box art.

I don't know; it looks kind of Ruf. (I should probably apologize for that, but I won't. And of course the Gamestop photo is fake. I'm more surprised how Farming Simulator can have 19 iterations, and I did check on that. Do they all begin with, "Dirt...has changed?" Or maybe, "Dirt. Dirt never changes.")

Except that game sales peek early and players drift away to other games quickly. You can't just keep pumping out updates until the next console comes out, there just won't be a big enough player base to keep buying the DLC. A new game is done to generate money from sales.
Rockstar Games must be doing something wrong then :dunce:

the late add on career mode is so rubbish
Because it was never intended to exist and was rushed out to at least stop the crying a little bit

Yep, and then there's also some games that come bundles with a seasonal pass, or in-game items. Digital's honestly better than physical in every way now, since you can even share the same game across PS4s, and be able to play it simultaneously. My pure nostalgia of having a physical copy of a game is the only thing that makes me buy them tbh :D

If you buy GTA 4 Digital today on any platform you are going to get a game with 50% of the soundtrack gone . But you can get the disk with the second most recent patch and enjoy the full game ! Don't even get me started on games that ha be final patches that broke something serious EG track mania turbo on ps4 . The vanilla version is identical to the current version minus the crappy added VR.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you buy GTA 4 Digital today on any platform you are going to get a game with 50% of the soundtrack gone . But you can get the disk with the second most recent patch and enjoy the full game ! Don't even get me started on games that ha be final patches that broke something serious EG track mania turbo on ps4 . The vanilla version is identical to the current version minus the crappy added VR.
Huh I didn't know some games have problems like that. Thanks for the heads up; I'll do my research first from now on to see if I can have a digital game without any problems :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fake news!
True news...
So happy I'll never have to go to GameStop. Ever. Again.

Huh I didn't know some games have problems like that. Thanks for the heads up; I'll do my research first from now on to see if I can have a digital game without any problems :)

Yeah just do research. I seriously hate how the PS4 only lets you download the last patch whereas the ps3 downloads all patches in order and lets you downgrade.

I had to do this with PlayStation all-stars battle royal as the last patch made the game crash in the menus, sadly the patch for the vita broke the menu music and they never bothered fixing it. Digital games still have a long ways to go. but sadly companies won't budge due to piracy. Ironically they have pushed me and many others to hacking our systems to reobtain functionality, i have a hacked vita I use to play my legally purchased psp games that Sony decided to allow and then subsequently reblock. Oh well. I still buy games for the system and transfer them into my vita by downloading them on my PS tv and then swapping the Card into my vita and then transferring it to a modified offline PS management app and then back into my modified vita SD card. Yeah, so much BS to play games I legally purchased because Sony won't let me download them unless i have the latest and greatest patch .

Does Sony currently have a release date for PS5 or is it just something that will come out eventually??
No, but there are rumours that PS5 may come out at the end of 2019 or in the late 2020, but who really knows.

Going back to GT7, I still can not see this game coming out anytime soon, because no won would play GT Sports anymore if you can play GT7 as well.

Yeah just do research. I seriously hate how the PS4 only lets you download the last patch whereas the ps3 downloads all patches in order and lets you downgrade.

I had to do this with PlayStation all-stars battle royal as the last patch made the game crash in the menus, sadly the patch for the vita broke the menu music and they never bothered fixing it. Digital games still have a long ways to go. but sadly companies won't budge due to piracy. Ironically they have pushed me and many others to hacking our systems to reobtain functionality, i have a hacked vita I use to play my legally purchased psp games that Sony decided to allow and then subsequently reblock. Oh well. I still buy games for the system and transfer them into my vita by downloading them on my PS tv and then swapping the Card into my vita and then transferring it to a modified offline PS management app and then back into my modified vita SD card. Yeah, so much BS to play games I legally purchased because Sony won't let me download them unless i have the latest and greatest patch .
I feel sorry for you :( I get why they would block modding their products and games, but it sucks that they won't fix their own products if they won't let the customers fix it themselves :grumpy:

No, but there are rumours that PS5 may come out at the end of 2019 or in the late 2020, but who really knows.

Going back to GT7, I still can not see this game coming out anytime soon, because no won would play GT Sports anymore if you can play GT7 as well.

I had no idea we were that close. Woah

At the end, why not? GTSport is on sale everywhere for 30 euros even sometimes less. A huge part of players are waiting for a true Gran Turismo: a GT mode, lots of cars, tuning...
...and my personal favorite: The Car Wash 👍

I hope the rumours are right, but like all thing it could be delayed until a few more years later than 2020.
Sony doesn't need to release a new console BUT Microsoft isn't going to launch second this time around. The 360 was a horrid console upon launch but beat the ps3 by a whole year. Microsoft gained significant ground and due to that became the developer's console of choice. Despite the ps3 selling at the same rate globally, MS had a 1.2 million console lead on them by the time the ps3 came out. You can bet your undies that MS is going to have a new product out by 2020 and sony's best bet is to beat them to the punch .

Microsoft totally bombed this generation. they released the weakest/ most expensive console and have had lackluster first-party offerings. I know this is GT planet but their only quality exclusives this gen are Forza. Forza horizon 2/3 and motorsport 7 are on PC so you are stuck with only two Forza games on the one. Microsofts last ditch attempt will inevitably be launching a stellar console with quality games . That's my theory for why the one hasn't been getting any exclusives.

You know, just because you didn’t like their last few games, doesn’t mean that they’re universally known as bad games.

Maybe not bad, but at 84, 81 and 75 on Metacritic I probably wouldn't describe them as any higher than universally mediocre. Just because you do like their last few games, doesn't mean that they weren't universally criticised.

Polyphony hasn't made a good game since GT4.

Fake, that's it. No rumor, no nothing. Its fake, shut it down. Seriously, is it that hard for people to believe you can photoshop a cover, print it out, slide it on and make it look like something else? I literally have done that multiple times, not exactly the mark of a skilled prankster, but of course people these days have no concept of common sense.

At the end, why not? GTSport is on sale everywhere for 30 euros even sometimes less. A huge part of players are waiting for a true Gran Turismo: a GT mode, lots of cars, tuning...

Because that is the stupidest business idea ever regardless of how many people want a "True" GT. You're suggesting a company to completely drop support for a game that released 7 months ago AND isn't exactly crippling in sales just to satisfy some self-entitled kids who for some reason completely missed the part where it was announced for quite some time to not be a numbered game while leaving the people that did invest in this game like me (even participated in the Closed Beta). And here I am thinking the "Revive GT6 servers" Movement was beyond lunacy...

I really hope this is true. As hard as I try to like it, I think GT Sport is pitiful effort for 5 years development. Even more so if you compare it to the competition, produced in less time.

Yes its a pretty game, stunning visuals but it is so dire in execution.

They pushed out 50 new cars in 3 months, so why did the game only come with 170 at launch? Also a hand full of tracks? 5 years what were they doing???? they weren't making a single player game, the late add on career mode is so rubbish. Other then grinding for credits is pointless, No exclusive cars to win, or true progression. Yes you get XP for winning towards higher tier races but you can also get that for taking 1000 photos, liking photos and so on, again pointless really.

The online could have been great, but instead its only great for the few! The rest of us are the fat kid in PE at school, picked last, to make the numbers up.

pitiful effort for 5 years development.

pitiful effort for 5 years development.

Oh boy.

Okay, the game was officially developed pre-launch for about two years, maybe three if you're willing to stretch it. They only got the FiA endorsement in 2015.

They told people over and over again that the game would be online focused and so content would be somewhat lacking and focused towards race cars. We knew about this since the announcement in late-2015/early-2016.

They only added GT League because some people clearly didn't listen to their announcements and got annoyed when there was minimal single player content, which we already knew was going to be the case for two years.

The online is doing fine, there are plenty of issues but you can't say "it's only great for the few!". Few who? Seems like everyone below A+ and A are having a fine time with the game (which should be everyone but again, not a 'few').

While I agree the game certainly needs a lot of work, you should Check Your Facts™ before posting.

And with that, my own rant is over :lol:

I hope we get an entire campaign of wall to wall 24 hour endurance races with rubber banding AI just so people can stop whining about not having enough offline content.

I hope we get an entire campaign of wall to wall 24 hour endurance races with rubber banding AI just so people can stop whining about not having enough offline content.

But it seems kinda strange that it is so hard to get XP, credits, and to level up unless you partake in Campaign mode. It seems like the game is set up perfectly for a large progression type campaign mode but they just forgot to include it. It seems like it would take 10 years to get to level 50 just racing in sport mode. I always liked the real early GTs where you had limited funds to either buy a new and possibly better car or upgrade the car you already own to progress thru the game. One of the biggest choices was which car do you start out with that you can upgrade along the way and be competitive with while trying to save credits? AI is always easy to beat when you have a lot of credits to buy the best car but with a not so great car and limited funds AI was not such a pushover. Of the people who played GT1 and GT2 who didnt start over with a different car to see how far you could get upgrading what you have and just winning the cars needed to progress, everyone I knew started those games over, sometimes a couple times.

Okay, the game was officially developed pre-launch for about two years, maybe three if you're willing to stretch it. They only got the FiA endorsement in 2015.
There was an article on this very site, saying that just a month or so after GT6 came out, the next game was already in process. With the game coming out the end of 2017, that is actually closer to 4 years.

They told people over and over again that the game would be online focused and so content would be somewhat lacking and focused towards race cars. We knew about this since the announcement in late-2015/early-2016.

They only added GT League because some people clearly didn't listen to their announcements and got annoyed when there was minimal single player content, which we already knew was going to be the case for two years.
It's not that people didn't pay attention, it's actually quite the opposite. They minimized a good chunk of features and content, and the reason they backtracked is because they realized that the draw of single player/offline segments where actually a bit larger than the seemed to have anticipate, otherwise there would be absolutely no reason to add it that much later in it's life, especially considering the core scope of the game that was put out for those two years. That people didn't like the new direction doesn't mean that they didn't know the game's direction.

The game isn't focused towards race cars, it actually has a good chunk of road cars available. It's more focused towards balanced racing.

The online is doing fine, there are plenty of issues but you can't say "it's only great for the few!". Few who? Seems like everyone below A+ and A are having a fine time with the game (which should be everyone but again, not a 'few').
Just like they can't say "its only great for a few", in the same vein, you also can't say "Everyone below xxx are having a fine time" as that's a statement you obviously can't prove either. Some people like it, some people don't, and that's not a problem whatsoever.

I always liked the real early GTs where you had limited funds to either buy a new and possibly better car or upgrade the car you already own to progress thru the game. One of the biggest choices was which car do you start out with that you can upgrade along the way and be competitive with while trying to save credits?

It's funny how it was just a very basic currency based progression system through an ever progressive stack of race circuits, with faceless AI drivers. Despite all of that, most of us still talk about those early games as if it were the narrative story of a poor young race driver with his 87 Celica grinding up the amateur ranks as a race car driver.

There's so much nostalgia and player side fantasy going on that I don't think just bringing it back would make everyone happy. I think the bar is higher now and you'd probably have to approach offline gameplay with a RPG like career sim mode in order to really tap into that fantasy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back