Gran Turismo 7 Master Car List

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,745 comments
Ah right, I had no idea,

Yeah it looked rather iffy, and the fact they showed two with two completely different altering liveries, to show completely new cars to the series made me just think it was out sourced.

Well that explains it, how dare they! This is why I always check with the best GT community before anything

Indeed, I was looking out for that aswell but there were other well known pictures featured on that site that didn't have the GT logo at all or used the same format. How annoying! The article came up on my news feed.
See my post above, seems it was a genuine mistake from them this time. But generally speaking yeah, stick to GTP news. You can't go wrong. 👍

A
Did a bit of digging and found the source. It seems to have been mislabled by Getty somehow,

The main collection title is correct when you search.

and the description is clearly correct, noting that it's from an iRacing eSports event

But as you'll see for some reason the subtitle is

Which it quite obviously isn't. Presumably it got mixed up with the countless photos Clive Rose DID shoot of various Gran Turismo events, including that one. The rest of the images from that event don't have the GT heading, only that one.

Code:
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/search/2/image?family=creative&phrase=Top%2016%20Superstars%20Round%201

So I'll let racinggames.gg off the hook this time. Seems a few publications have used the image and attributed it to GT7 because of that error. But it isn't. Case closed.

Nice one Samus 👍thanks!

This might be me showing my GT ignorance (and a discussion long since had) but why is the McLaren F1 GTR race car still listed as a BMW vehicle? I know it was entered by Team Schnitzer as the works BMW effort but it's never sat right with me that it's a BMW car in Gran Turismo. Being a McLaren F1 it's, well... a McLaren. It's not like the McLaren dealership is missing in GT and there was nowhere else appropriate to put it, as was the case in GT4. It can go in its rightful garage now.

Think of it this way; it's the 1997 model. It finished 3rd at Le Mans that year. If the 2nd placed, British, Gulf Team Davidoff car raced by Gounon, Raphanel and Olofsson was also in the game, would it also be a BMW vehicle?

the works BMW effort
That's pretty much it. It's going to be down to insanely complicated licensing.

So...

McLaren Group is the modern company which consists of McLaren Racing and McLaren Automotive. However, McLaren Automotive didn't exist until 2010 - McLaren Cars made the McLaren F1, and the company became dormant pretty soon after it made the F1 - 1994, in fact. The modern McLaren Automotive is sort of the same company, but isn't, but holds the rights to the F1, as part of McLaren Group (formerly McLaren Technology Group, formerly McLaren Group).

That means that McLaren Racing, which was technically its own separate thing at the time, was the company that made the McLaren F1 GTR LT - even though it did so from the F1 itself, via its own F1 GT homologation model. That means it would have done so as a race team building cars for other race teams, essentially to order.

As a result I imagine the licensing for each individual F1 GTR LT (and maybe each F1 GTR too; the KK car is a factory McLaren entry, technically, and McLaren owns the car) rests with whoever bought it - and the Schnitzer car means BMW.

Probably.

I think it's clear at this point that any car that is Supposedly making it's way to GT7 is "I'll believe it when I see it" (Showing up in any trailer or actual GT7 screenshots or print media such as the pamphlet, Which at that point is undisputed confirmation). That's at least the vibe I'm getting.

Last edited:
I think it's clear at this point that any car that is Supposedly making it's way to GT7 is "I'll believe it when I see it" (Showing up in any trailer or actual GT7 screenshots or print media such as the pamphlet, Which at that point is undisputed confirmation). That's at least the vibe I'm getting.
And even then, I'll remind everyone of the confirmed-in-screenshots CLK-GTR for Gran Turismo 2.

This list is only what we've seen in official GT7 media (and it's amazing I have to keep reminding some users of this fact, which is written in enormous letters in the first post; that's our bar and has been since the start). That's still in no way a confirmation that any given car will be in the game. Even if the possibility is remote, with a single example* of a car used in promo material not appearing in the subsequent game in the last 4,000 cars included, there's still a chance a car we've seen will be cut.

*Okay, 1.5 examples if you include the seen-in-promo, then cut for launch, then restored DeltaWing.

Minor formatting issue

G70 GR4
and
X GR3

Don't match the Gr.3 and Gr.4 formatting you used for the other cars.
That's the names of the cars.

Is there a chance the BMW M3 ‘89 is a race car?

I had a look at the past 190E names and the DTM car doesn’t have a race series designation. Same with the BMW CSL. We do see a bit of difference between the CSLs, but the E30 M3s would look the same from their silhouettes(the Evo differs with the adjustable spoiler). Of course we’ll, find out sooner or close to game debut, but I’m having another think the M3 ‘89 may be the DTM machine. It would follow what looks like the GT Sport scheme of PD modelling a road car and race car, from the same model(road car and Gr.4 version). Plus, it’d make sense.

Is there a chance the BMW M3 ‘89 is a race car?

I had a look at the past 190E names and the DTM car doesn’t have a race series designation. Same with the BMW CSL. We do see a bit of difference between the CSLs, but the E30 M3s would look the same from their silhouettes(the Evo differs with the adjustable spoiler). Of course we’ll, find out sooner or close to game debut, but I’m having another think the M3 ‘89 may be the DTM machine. It would follow what looks like the GT Sport scheme of PD modelling a road car and race car, from the same model(road car and Gr.4 version). Plus, it’d make sense.
I'd almost bet money it's the base model E30 M3, which had 197 bhp, as opposed to the special Sport Evolution model (currently in GT Sport), which had 235 bhp.

I'd almost bet money it's the base model E30 M3, which had 197 bhp, as opposed to the special Sport Evolution model (currently in GT Sport), which had 235 bhp.
That was my initial thought when we saw the peek of that M3. It’s definitely reasonable. It’d only need a trip to the Tuning Shop for a roll cage and tuned parts to recreate the DTM car. We’ll see.

Does this confirm a possible return of the Nike One 2022? Was posted by the designer of the original car on Instagram.

Attachments

• 9B3D5EF9-A65F-4DB5-9074-355708CDB834.jpeg
    9B3D5EF9-A65F-4DB5-9074-355708CDB834.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 13
Does this confirm a possible return of the Nike One 2022? Was posted by the designer of the original car on Instagram.
I don't think so. I believe he's highlighting the fact that his concept car design (he also designed the Saleen S7) would have been launched this year. Like a 10 year anniversary of an early opportunity in his career, so a nice memory to share with all the people who are asking PD and Nike to bring it back to the game because it's now 2022...

EDIT: Just found this article: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-nike-one-2022-20220111/

Last edited:
It doesn't meet our confirmation criteria but it does make all sorts of sense to re-release the car.

Last edited:
Am I going to have to start posting this at the top of every page?
Or do I just ban repeat offenders from the thread?

It is truly mental that we've had two members in three days attempt to remind people of the point of this thread, and yet they've been completely ignored.

This thread is for one thing and one thing only: posting cars that have been seen in official GT7 media. Although they are best placed elsewhere, that includes potential sightings (the Avantime stuff, which was also in a general discussion thread; the Nike ONE, which was also in a general discussion thread but also has its own thread; the misattributed PESC image used by a rival site), and suggestions of amendments to the list.

It is not for:
  • Expressing desire to see [x] car added
  • Expressing disappoinment that [y] car has not been added
  • Discussing the merits of what cars have been added
  • Discussing the merits of cars that haven't been added
  • General discussion about PD's approach to adding or not adding cars
  • The weather
  • Anything else you just feel like posting

We have tonnes of other threads for all that, and you can even make new ones. That's not what this thread is for; this is an informational thread which is pinned for the sole specific reason of spotting cars in official GT7 media, and any discussion should be about what the identity of the cars seen are if there are any questions about what they could be.

People use the GTP "watch" function to watch this thread, receiving notifications when the thread is updated, and any notifications they've been getting for the past week are about Audis from GT6 and GT Sport. That's unacceptable.

The next time I have to remind anyone of this won't be by way of a post.

@Famine - Not sure if this should go here, but if this tweet from one of the official World Finals photographers is anything to go by, then the Porsche 911 RSR from the Daytona vid might be the 2019 car:

It's still the '17 car model but with the '19 livery on it
'19 has a longer rear diffuser and then the extra spot lights in the front bumper

Last edited:
@Famine - Not sure if this should go here, but if this tweet from one of the official World Finals photographers is anything to go by, then the Porsche 911 RSR from the Daytona vid might be the 2019 car:

It's still the '17 car model but with the '19 livery on it
Yeah, the impression I got from Clive was that it's just a livery update for the existing car rather than the 2019 car being added to the game. The headlights are definitely the 2017 car, and I didn't look closer for any of the other differences after that.
Look at the exhaust.
Porsche ran different exhausts on the 2017 RSR at different races - twin centre items at Le Mans, twin outboards elsewhere.

1642171511613.png

Last edited:
Yeah, the impression I got from Clive was that it's just a livery update for the existing car rather than the 2019 car being added to the game. The headlights are definitely the 2017 car, and I didn't look closer for any of the other differences after that.

Porsche ran different exhausts on the 2017 RSR at different races - twin centre items at Le Mans, twin outboards elsewhere.
This is what they ran in 2019 (Brumos/North America ran same config):
93 - Porsche GT Team - Porsche 911 RSR - Patrick Pilet FRA, Earl Bamber NZL, Nicholas Tandy GB...jpg

That would rattle your insides and your ear drums.
I go to the Glen 6hr annually and where we camp is where they're under hard accel out of the Toe of the Boot and it's just....honestly it was too much. The split exhaust from 2020-2021 sounded awful and not like a Porsche at all but at least it didn't hurt.

The only thing that's the same is the livery.

Last edited:
Sorry for being pedantic, but may I know where is it stated that the Amemiya FD is a 2001 model? Big fan of Mazdas, and I really want to know. Thanks!
It is stated nowhere; it's a placeholder date (like several others on the list) because one is not available.

It's the same car as the one in GT5 and GT6, and GT Sport, and it has no date associated to it in any of those three games. The sighting of the car in GT7 is of the car itself and not in a list that includes a model year of any kind.

Latest Posts

Back