Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll give it a shot when I get back to the game, but now I'm going to have to dump a bunch of money on modifying my pretty stock F8? lol

Is that 200kg position 0, or an actual 2kg? Ha ha.

I'll try it with your set up, then tweak it to see if I can make it hunker down a bit more.
It's 2kg, not a typo. ;)

So, did you try it already? If not, you can also try it without buying the tuning parts. It's a bit easier to deal with stock than with upgrades, but in the last corner and corner 8 it's not that easy to keep straight. You have to take these corners with the maximum amount of radius and perhaps a lift off the throttle. If this car would handle like this IRL, it would have the reputation of being today's widowmaker. It was easier to drive before 1.13.

Last edited:
If BoP is applied to Gr3 MR Cars I highly suggest you to use ABS weak!!!
The lazy spin which you described will be ALMOST COMPLETELY GONE.
Remember, only when BoP is applied.
If you drive the MR Gr3 Cars under their Production Values or by PP System it’s the Complete OPPOSITE.
Than you should definitely use ABS Default because of the Power being supplied to the Wheels while Braking and therefore acting like some partial Throttle Application which is crucial to keep the Gr3 MR Cars at least somewhat more stable.
They’ll still tend to snap if you don’t trailbrake efficiently with ABS weak but it’s a good training to get better in trailbraking as well. So Win/Win imo.
And of course way more fun and enjoyable imo.
At least that are my observations.
And believe me, I drive and test and tune quite a lot.
Other than that, everything you said regarding the Weight Distribution is partly correct, again, JUST UNDER BoP Settings.
If you drive the Gr3 MR Cars without BoP you‘ll notice how incredibly planted and stable they feel.
And due to their Natural Engine Layout, they absolutely destroy ANY FR Car in the Corners cause of their Superior Rotation Abilities.
Try it…you’ll see what I’m talking about.
I just hope that PD finally adresses this issue and makes Gr3 MR Cars worth picking under BoP Regulations.
Otherwise imo, they are completely obsolete for BoP Racing, not competitive at all and chewing tires faster than you can say Biscuit 😅
Thanks for the feedback, but it's not a problem caused by BOP or ABS settings. This is definitely a weight issue. Try the 911 RSR with practically any setup you want but with the base weight and distribution and then just try to coast through the Bus Stop and La Source at Spa without the rear coming round on you...

It's not a tyre issue, the tyres aren't being overloaded at 40mph. It's not suspension or damping or the differential, it seems to just be the weight distribution and how that interacts with the other parameters of the physics engine.

Thanks for the feedback, but it's not a problem caused by BOP or ABS settings. This is definitely a weight issue. Try the 911 RSR with practically any setup you want but with the base weight and distribution and then just try to coast through the Bus Stop and La Source at Spa without the rear coming round on you...

It's not a tyre issue, the tyres aren't being overloaded at 40mph. It's not suspension or damping or the differential, it seems to just be the weight distribution and how that interacts with the other parameters of the physics engine.
We had our Porsche GT3cup car challenge yesterday resume at SPA last night and when I tell you the first hairpin and the last turns killed me.. You have to keep some throttle on those slow turns or the rear is coming around. It was intense and insane to handle.. I am a gold driver with majority of the other drivers being platinum.. I use RM while they use RH and the top guys were killing that turn like it was nothing.

Yes, that’s exactly what I tried to explain, but maybe it was not clearly articulated.
What I meant to say and supposed to be known is that as soon as BoP is applied to the Gr3 MR Cars, that BoP INCREASES the Cars‘ Weight.
On top of that it also DECREASES its‘ Power.
The Result is a Weight/Balance Issue with these Type of Cars.
Due to their Engine Layout, most of the Weight is distributed towards the Rear.
Without BoP, the Balance between Front/Rear is exactly the same as with BoP, but because of the added Weight the whole Balance gets out of shape, although like I said the Front/Rear Distribution stays the same.
And therefore I advised you to use ABS weak if BoP is applied.
Because it helps enormously with that Weight Balance Issue, especially in slow Corners like the mentioned Ones around Spa for example.
In General it helps with all slow speed Corners.
Keep in mind though That the weak ABS Setting is just a workaround to mitigate this Problem to a certain degree.
Of course it’s not a permanent Solution but as long as PD isn’t capable of providing us with a better BoP to the MR Cars, I think that’s the best Solution.
Without BoP, like I said ABS Default works excellent with Gr3 MR Cars.
With Gr3 FR Cars I ALWAYS use ABS Weak as for me personally I’m faster that way and more precise.

Playing now for a long time after update 1.13 I have to say that Polyphony Digital has overdone it a bit, and now the cars are a little more stable than they should be, and a little easier to catch when oversteer than they should.😢
The F8 has oversteer in spades. The CLK LM has understeer in spades. In stock configuration, these cars are very unbalanced. And I think many more. The 92 NSX was okay stock around tsukuba though.

I think GT7 has a too exagerated weight transfer effect on the physics, they should turn this down a notch in a patch. In my opinion its not about very realistic physics, but its more about physics that are playable for the majority of the players. They dont have to be elitist about the physics, I think Polyphony have made it too complicated. They have made progress with the 1.13 patch, but there is still room for improvement in physics.

Playing now for a long time after update 1.13 I have to say that Polyphony Digital has overdone it a bit, and now the cars are a little more stable than they should be, and a little easier to catch when oversteer than they should.😢
Some cars mybe while others are still epiletic

Depends what group of cars you are talking about. I think the race cars are too stable and should dial down the grip. There is no real progressive slip and traction seems on or off. Road cars progressive loss of grip seem fine. This whole thread pre patch was talking about how easy road cars are to drive on the limit.

I agree. PD has overdone it a bit. Just to be clear, I like the better grip and stability of the RWD cars, but they understeer too much now.
Kaz, can you please get them to the middle of what it was and what it is now?

I reported a bug in the bug thread that is relevant to this topic.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-7-bug-reports.404869/post-13711141

With some cars (and I suspect it's all the ones that folks have been complaining about) the game does not recognize your steering input properly. I know that it's the cause of the crazy oversteer and snap over steer (because I recorded it) and I suspect it's also the issue with the understeer that some have reported.

So, in short, there's an input bug that is presenting itself as a physics issue, but pay attention to the onscreen feedback to make sure that the game is responding to what you are trying to do.
Can you explain this a little more clearly? Maybe I'm just slow but I read this post and the post you linked and watched the video and I'm still not completely understanding what the bug is and what exactly you're claiming it does.

That is exactly what I thought of the physics before update 1.13. Do you use a wheel or controller?
It's the same and that's the reason I think they can't change it. The only shift is adding rear grip somehow. All "problems" from pre-patch are there. It's probably not possible to change physics in this stadium and for both consoles. I use controller.

Last edited:
It's the same and that's the reason I think they can't change it. The only shift is adding rear grip somehow. All "problems" from pre-patch are there. It's probably not possible to change physics in this stadium and for both consoles. I use controller.
They changed some parameters in the physics engine. Which resulted in the balance being completely retarded for some cars (CLK LM = way too much understeer while it is an MR car (!!!), and tuning doesn't even help to get the slow speed stability to go to neutral or slight oversteer. F8 stock = hard to keep in check oversteer in the fastest corners like 130R). The change they did in 1.13 broke the physics.

Last edited:
They changed some parameters in the physics engine. Which resulted in the balance being completely retarded for some cars (CLK LM = way too much understeer while it is an MR car (!!!), and tuning doesn't even help to get the slow speed stability to go to neutral or slight oversteer. F8 stock = hard to keep in check oversteer in the fastest corners like 130R). The change they did in 1.13 broke the physics.
How I see it, it wasn't perfect and it's not now. I am not sure if it's a good idea to change it. It's still possible for sure like ACC changed so many stuff since release but this is rather casual stuff and it's maybe better to leave it as it is. What about GTS, how many changes were there?

How I see it, it wasn't perfect and it's not now. I am not sure if it's a good idea to change it. It's still possible for sure like ACC changed so many stuff since release but this is rather casual stuff and it's maybe better to leave it as it is. What about GTS, how many changes were there?
I think it is a good idea to tweak it, get rid of the excessive understeer. For me, a wheel user, understeer is not enjoyable. For controller users like you that may not matter as much. I have ACC, but when GT7 came out I enjoyed GT7's physics more. I might have to give ACC another chance.

I don't know how many changes GTS had. But it seems I'm not the only one unhappy by physics changes:

A question for the Technical Lovers.
Can someone explain or provide a link where it’s confirmed that a System like “ABS WEAK“ in GT7 actually exists in real Life Cars.
I tried to find some valuable Info and searched a bit through the Net, but I couldn’t find any explicit Information on that.
From my understanding and experience I’d say that ABS weak in GT7 works as a regular and Basic ABS System.
At least for the Cars I’ve driven in real life which were equipped with an ABS System.
On the other Side we have “ABS DEFAULT“ in GT7 which from my understanding and experience with GT7 works as an combined ABS+ESP Hybrid ABS System.
So, ABS weak=Regular ABS System.
And ABS default = ABS/ESP Hybrid System.

I‘m not sure though if I’m messing things up.
But this ABS ESP Hybrid System definitely exists.
I‘m not going to share the link as it’s in German but if you’re interested you can google it for your own.
I hope that @Scaff might probably clarify things up, I mean if he can’t than it’s hopeless :lol:

Last edited:
Can you explain this a little more clearly? Maybe I'm just slow but I read this post and the post you linked and watched the video and I'm still not completely understanding what the bug is and what exactly you're claiming it does.
To me, it looks like having certain settings in place at lower ride heights does something to the counter steering assistance, or some other similar assistance system behind the scenes. Car's don't just understeer or oversteer, you are losing correspondence between the input you are giving the car and the input that is being displayed.

So, I can be fully counter steering the car to the right on the controller, but the game is showing that I am fully steering to the left, before it snaps to match my controller input. It feels just like when you have counter steering assist set to max, and the car's steering doesn't quite match your input. So, it seems to me, that much of the "physics" issues we are seeing are really user control issues. You can verify this by looking at the steering angle indicator on the dashboard.

Some people are saying that it's the tires getting stuck in the fender wells, but that doesn't seem to make sense.

Last edited:
Back