Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
Hey guys, I'm willing to bet the Trial Mountain footage in The Mazda Vision is GT Sport gameplay. There are too many similar things such as the way the walls pop in, the exact same HUD, the dash shadows, identical AI behavior, and other current generation setbacks evident in that portion. It's almost like PD put it in last minute to satisfy the gameplay demand from the fans.

If that is GT7 gameplay for the last minute or so then Sony should be ashamed that with the power of the new PS5 SSD and ray tracing, that's the best PD can utilize it for actual gameplay. I'm almost certain both the 917 and Trial Mountain will be GT Sport content updates sometime through the year. I highly doubt there will be no new tracks for GT Sport until GT7 comes out. I also believe everything they showed before the Trial Mountain gameplay was GT7 footage. That portion looked incredible BTW!!!

PD will deliver us a proper GT7 trailer, this was a quick sample.

XsWnXkH

XsWnXkH.gif

Either it's just because a 7 is simple and there is hardly anything to it, or the Gran Turismo 7 logo uses Helvetica Neue for its logo, just skewed (distorted)

Well, Gran Turismo font is Helvetica Neue 97 Black Condensed Oblique, so it's not surprising. Take a look of what i've done.
upload_2020-6-12_15-25-44.png
upload_2020-6-12_15-28-15.png

Although, it's obvious that GT6 and GTS uses another font, I don't know what font is on GTS, neither GT6, but the 6 from the Suzuki Escudo tail is the same as on GT6.

Judging from the trailer the AI is still as dumb. I was completely amazed by how good the AI was in ACC in comparison. Modern racing games now have very good AI, looks like GT games will not focus on this aspect anymore (judging by their last games).

In-car graphics comparison (colour corrected for better colour balance):

AURPriV.gif

Original version:

gMUEJIN.gif

It will look better in comparison with direct sharp shadows casted in the interior (very low resolution map in GTS, and not smooth at all in GTS).

Also into a car with glossy materials, GTS will look even better. This Mazda is not the better interior to show raytracing.

The main purpose was to show us old content and Trial Mountain this time.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I last played Gran Turismo, totally skipped the PS4 games. Excited about this and looking forward to its release; it just might spur me to buy a PS5 to play.
Games?
lol, there was only one and not what everyone expected at first.
But needless to say, GTSport became out to be a much better product although fundamentally flawed in its original delivery.
Hope GT7's give Polyphony Digital more time to work on a more competent Sport System.

Why? Was the PS3 an exceptionally good console to work with?

Cant tell me that with that amount of computing power they cant get the sounds right. Every other developer can.

Its the one thing that holds the game back.

Anyone expecting change will be dissapointed unfortunately

Can all the negative nellies please calm down a bit?! This was a teaser trailer to coincide with the PS5 unveiling, which is potentially getting released “holiday season 2020” so there is still loads of development time left. Also we don’t know at what stage of development this trailer was created.

Don’t get me wrong, the AI is a big concern for me too, but given this appears to be a fully fledged Gran Turismo game (looks a bit like a GT4 remaster To me if I’m honest) hopefully PD will massively improve the AI. They kinda have to if GT7 is to be a success!

Does anyone think there is any chance that this is a day one launch title? It would be a first in the history of Gran Turismo

Considering it uses the majority of GT Sport graphics and updated car models, I think it's very likely. If we were getting content for 2 years pretty frequently and double the car count, I think it will be pretty easy for this year (since they've backed off to 5 cars added this year) for them to have focused on that day one launch. After all they've been working on GT7 since GT6, and probably salvaged the most of it to create GTS.

If that is GT7 gameplay for the last minute or so then Sony should be ashamed that with the power of the new PS5 SSD and ray tracing, that's the best PD can utilize it for actual gameplay.
Well, yeah, that was weird, to be honest, but i have high hopes that PD can do a better job, they are doing more polish to the game, and optimizing it before developing even further the graphics. Look how Gran Turismo Sport looked like before the release date circa 2015.
upload_2020-6-12_16-12-20.png

Last edited:
XsWnXkH

XsWnXkH.gif

Either it's just because a 7 is simple and there is hardly anything to it, or the Gran Turismo 7 logo uses Helvetica Neue for its logo, just skewed (distorted)

It's Helvetica Neue Medium Condensed Oblique (GRAN TURISMO + 7 type) and Helvetica Neue Medium Extended (tagline)

...another possibility is it could be a custom 'bastardisation' of the aforementioned typefaces with a few microscopic differences (this is a thing).

It's Helvetica Neue Medium Condensed Oblique (GRAN TURISMO + 7 type) and Helvetica Neue Medium Extended (tagline)

...another possibility is it could be a custom 'bastardisation' of the aforementioned typefaces with a few microscopic differences (this is a thing).
I thought the tagline was Pragmatica, since the menus use it.

PD are going to have their hands full juggling two game versions of sport mode with backwards compatibility but how can get around the load times being so good on the PS5? PS4 owners will probably call us cheats for being able to do half a lap by the time they've loaded the race.:lol:

On this 144hz option I read about, if I switched my 4k TV for a 144hz (or more) monitor, would there be an advantage in latency with the higher FPS? I can remember the constant chase for frames per second and the lowest ping possible back in my counterstrike days but would that work in a similar way with where a car's positioned? I haven't played games like that for 20 years so no idea if it's still the same principle.

Seeing the BAC mono during the trailer I actually thought for a moment the showcase switched to another Racing game. That was a supprise.

Seeing the 917 race with GR.3/GT3 cars is giving me GT6 A.I. race vibes though.... and not in a good sense:scared:

Hurra for tuning shop, Trial mountain and Daytona are just delightful to see making a return! Hopefully we'll get more GT track classics and that really awesome long one from GT6 forgotten its name. You do a rally like a event on there with a nismo GTR.

Kudos to PD and Kaz on going to the tried and true and loved classic formula! I'm still disappointed though, we should have got this on PS4. We always got too titles per console I don't care about next gen consoles. I don't want to buy another console My plate is already full:banghead: PS2, PS3, PS4. If GT7 has grid starts, qualifing and custom race It will be really special.Forgot to mention hope they fixed AI in sport, was just awful! Cars taking you out from behind and grid blocking you so you would not pass.

Last edited:
Can all the negative nellies please calm down a bit?! This was a teaser trailer to coincide with the PS5 unveiling, which is potentially getting released “holiday season 2020” so there is still loads of development time left. Also we don’t know at what stage of development this trailer was created.

Don’t get me wrong, the AI is a big concern for me too, but given this appears to be a fully fledged Gran Turismo game (looks a bit like a GT4 remaster To me if I’m honest) hopefully PD will massively improve the AI. They kinda have to if GT7 is to be a success!
Did you notice the "race" was ONE lap? I don't think PD have learned from a single mistake killing the reputation of this series since GT6.

The stuff they showed looks very much like this game is close to being finished for release.

I visit GTPlanet everyday, but very rarely write here on the forums. Now I think after GT7 reveal I’ll give it a try:

1. Kaz’s message at the start: it might seem generic for many, but to me it felt personal. He talked directly to GT fans, straight to address concerns with the career mode and the fun element of the game. They are listening, and for this I’m happy and thankful.

2. The trailer: As a Porsche fan I got very excited to see the 917K, Carrera GT and GT1. And as usual, the graphics look great. To some it’s the same as GT Sport, but to mee it looks great, and I know I will enjoy it. Seeing Trial Mountain back also got me very excited, I’m happy for this, even if it has been modified.

3. The gameplay: At first it seemed the same as GT Sport, but after watching the 4K video I think otherwise, it looks way better thanks to Ray-tracing. The UI we saw is GT Sport’s, and this makes me wonder how old is the build we saw, and at what stage of development is the game, but for sure we’ll get a new UI and we’ll get to see it sooner than later.

4. The menu map: I got something in my eyes when I saw it. The nostalgia. Simply the best of the trailer, seeing we get back GT Auto, Tuning Shop, Used Cars Lot, Missions, School, everything that makes GT what it is.

5. No release date: This is just a sing to not make ourselves with expectations, whenever it comes out I’ll enjoy it, good things come to those who wait. I have no rush to play it.

6. My expectations: GT7 is set to be the best Gran Turismo when it releases. As we already know, it´s a mix of the best of the past, the present and the future, and what better than that. I expect it to have the same cars as GT Sport, plus some 150 new cars, and some 5 to 10 tracks over GT Sport. But what gets me more excited are the game modes we get back.

7. The critics: Well, everyone is free to have their opinion, and I respect that. But I see people going crazy with speculations, and doing overly negative comments, or even demanding things from a game and their developers, as if PD owe us something. I literally ignore such users (thank you GTP forums), and don’t want and need such negativity around. As I said, I’m happy and thankful we get what we have, and even more that it as god as it is. Kaz could simply wake up one day and say “I’m tired of making video games”, and that would be the end (now I just remember that we no longer have Metal Gear games, but that’s ok). So yes, I will not say that you should be happy, it’s your choice if you prefer to be disappointed or bitter over a game, but for me, yesterday was great, even more in the middle of the crappy year it has been so far.

8. I just want to say thanks to Jordan, Famine, GTP staff and it’s community. We got an organized forums dedicated to our desires, people participated and PD listened. GTPlanet has always been the place to come to know the latest news regarding GT, and even if the forums have threads to talk about almost everything, we are here for Gran Turismo, and it was so great seeing so many people gathered and excited yesterday.

9. On a more personal note, GT7 will mark the return of my brothers to the franchise, after we last play together during the GT5 era. We grew up together having great battles on split screen since the original Gran Turismo, and with GT7 we will have this feelings and emotions again with the online mode. Enjoying so much a video game with your loved ones, this is Gran Turismo.

Its just we have been here many times before and it never changes.

As a racing game it really is lacking in these departments.

The handling and graphics are the best in the business but it really is time the rest of the game got upto that level.

Did you notice the "race" was ONE lap? I don't think PD have learned from a single mistake killing the reputation of this series since GT6.

The stuff they showed looks very much like this game is close to being finished for release.
I'm not sure what the "race" was ONE lap has to do with anything in an Announcement Trailer but if you're going to look that hard into it I'm surprised you didn't notice that the field wasn't spread out and 30 seconds up the road.

Untitled.png

I thought PS4 had photorealism over PS3! PS5 games are looking like playable Pixar games, I love it!
(those sounds though, ugh, here we go again..hopefully something new will come out of this with PS5 audio positioning capabilities.)

PS5 and GT7, preordered the preorder!
What wheel to get? will wait till fall/winter to see the news.

please give us a prologue if GT7 won't be ready for another year~2 like it was with PS3 release.

Thank you Sony, Japan, Kaz, PD, and GTplanet. and please PLEASE Direct to consumer for PS5. I don't have $5,000 for ebay scalpers.

This is a concept video! It's not official. Well, the race itself is, but I made the menus up. Aside from the race menu GUI I created, everything belongs to the video "Gran Turismo 7 Announcement Trailer" uploaded by Gran Turismo TV on YouTube.
Hope you like this concept! I made it all in one go, because I have nothing better to do.

I thought PS4 had photorealism over PS3! PS5 games are looking like playable Pixar games, I love it!
(those sounds though, ugh, here we go again..hopefully something new will come out of this with PS5 audio positioning capabilities.)

PS5 and GT7, preordered the preorder!
What wheel to get? will wait till fall/winter to see the news.

please give us a prologue if GT7 won't be ready for another year~2 like it was with PS3 release.

Thank you Sony, Japan, Kaz, PD, and GTplanet. and please PLEASE Direct to consumer for PS5. I don't have $5,000 for ebay scalpers.
I have the same feelings as you do. lol
I really got excited about the PS5, and GT7, too. And since i'm going to Japan on January (I hope the covid doesn't hold me back) I might buy it. But first, I have to sell my PS4 :(

Latest Posts

Back