Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
As Porsche says: "Stay tuned for more updates in the coming months"

What does this mean? :confused:💡

Nothing that any reasonable person would read into.

Will more Porsche cars be revealed closer to GT7's release? Probably. Is that news? No.

I wouldn't expect to hear much in the way of new developments/announcements for a month or two at least.

I don't think so. I think between late 2021, or late 2022.
2022 seems pretty farfetched, honestly. Seems the memory of having to wait for GT5 on PS3 still burns in everyone's mind, huh? And Sport taking 4 years as well doesn't seem to help matters...

But consider that they were struggling to get a game up on PS3 with the complicated Cell architecture, says Kaz, and then they've had to literally start over again with the jump to x86 on PS4. Sooo with the PS5 still using x86, it really shouldn't take them as long as before.

Launch day minimum, end of 2021 maximum. And I'm willing to bet 100 bucks for that.

2022 seems pretty farfetched, honestly. Seems the memory of having to wait for GT5 on PS3 still burns in everyone's mind, huh? And Sport taking 4 years as well doesn't seem to help matters...

But consider that they were struggling to get a game up on PS3 with the complicated Cell architecture, says Kaz, and then they've had to literally start over again with the jump to x86 on PS4. Sooo with the PS5 still using x86, it really shouldn't take them as long as before.

Launch day minimum, end of 2021 maximum. And I'm willing to bet 100 bucks for that.
Well, after seeing the possibilities, you're right, and i regret having said that lol. PD should be more experienced with the x86 architecture, and the SSD taking a major role, that should improve the time of development.

I think it was planned for 2020. Remember the logo leak, official logo looks the same and that mentioned 2020. Playstation also always launches with some kind of exclusive racer.

Perhaps COVID has pushed things back. Remember the Japanese found work from home much harder than the West.

The UI is placeholder, the in game UI is placeholder, there are spelling mistakes in the menu and low res textures. Definitely seems things were rushed to meet the presentation deadline

I think it was planned for 2020. Remember the logo leak, official logo looks the same and that mentioned 2020. Playstation also always launches with some kind of exclusive racer.

Perhaps COVID has pushed things back. Remember the Japanese found work from home much harder than the West.

The UI is placeholder, the in game UI is placeholder, there are spelling mistakes in the menu and low res textures. Definitely seems things were rushed to meet the presentation deadline
The PS4 didn't launch with a racing game. The first PS4 exclusive racing game was DriveClub in October 2014. Need For Speed Rivals doesn't count because it was ported over from the PS3.

The PS4 didn't launch with a racing game. The first PS4 exclusive racing game was DriveClub in October 2014. Need For Speed Rivals doesn't count because it was ported over from the PS3.

Sony/Evo Studios intended for Driveclub to be a launch title - it just ended up being delayed

Not to mention that GT7 is clearly using GT Sport's physics engine and graphics (though enhanced). Versus having to start over on GT Sport or GT5 all-the-way.

-----

Going from GT Sport to 7 isn't going to be like from 4 to 5, it's more like 5 to 6 or 3 to 4.

Not to mention that GT7 is clearly using GT Sport's physics engine and graphics (though enhanced). Versus having to start over on GT Sport or GT5 all-the-way.

-----

Going from GT Sport to 7 isn't going to be like from 4 to 5, it's more like 5 to 6 or 3 to 4.
The foundations of the game are pretty much sorted which cuts out a lot of overheads and time. This will work in PD's favour as they can focus more on the features we want instead of wasting time with a new game engine. I think that took up a huge chunk of GT Sport's development time, hence why it released with soo little content.

-----

Alternatively, one could say that Sport was an overglorfied, updatable Prologue to 7 in all but name. Honestly, it really did feel like I was playing GT7 Prologue at launch before the GT League was added.

Porsche seems to be making up for their past mistake of having an exclusive deal with EA which didn't or barely enhanced Porsche's image or utilized the license the way Porsche would have liked...

Starting with Forza because Forza jumped the gun to get Porsche ASAP, now Porsche is fully on board with getting their reputation be established in the virtual and digital world...

Seeing the potential and impact of GT and PD (Kaz), Porsche is now committed to ensure they will be properly, rightfully and correctly represented.

Who better than Kaz and PD to do this ?

This is all good news for us players, gamers and drivers.

Finally what we have been wanting for decades....

Without forgetting RUF.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/Kaz_Yamauchi

If you look at Kaz's cover picture, maybe the cover car is the Mazda RX Vision GT3?

It's a Porsche and the Mazda...

Oh no... :ouch:👍

Last edited:

for people who argue the physics looks different at current state. even Super GT thinks its the same at current state

I don't think that proves anything, I can say it looks like Ridge Racer, but that doesn't make it true. People can say "but he thinks they're different" and other people can say "but he thinks they're not", no one really knows yet. There is no way you can really tell from a video, but the only actual evidential thing we have seen is the tyre tempretaure indicators which certainly are not behaving like they do in GT Sport. So that indicates change.

Now I would wager, quite heavilly, that the game engine is the same as in GT Sport. That's not a bad thing, GT Sport has a great game engine. But I would also wager that the physics are not the same. It would be daft to assume no improvements are being made to it as it makes the jump from PS4 to PS5. The changes might not feel wholesale because they aren't, but they also don't need to be, but they will be there.

I understand that the pit floors are a reflective surface, not a mirror - where everything has to be duplicated with fidelity (note the reflection of the Michelin tire marks)

But the purpose of my highlight was to say that Takayuki Nushida will be in the GT7. ;)
My post wasn't a criticism of any sort towards your post. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I was just pointing out that the center of the wheels are missing and I'm guessing this is part of the optimization to make the game run smoother.

Back