Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
Gran Turismo 6:
> 1200 cars
> 41 tracks (86 layouts)
> barebones?

Did you see where I said "at launch", I'm speaking of what they added not all together.

It had just 6 new tracks and launch, including Goodwood and 1 original circuit from GT4. I expected more in 3 years development. I hope it's not the case with GT7

Remember like 900 standard cars (including like 100 duplicates) and dozens of tracks from PS2 era barely touched.

And look at what GT Sport launched with.

Did you see where I said "at launch", I'm speaking of what they added not all together.

It had just 6 new tracks and launch, including Goodwood and 1 original circuit from GT4. I expected more in 3 years development. I hope it's not the case with GT7

Remember like 900 standard cars (including like 100 duplicates) and dozens of tracks from PS2 era barely touched.

GT5 didn't add a whole lot of post launch content, GT6 added more thanks to the VGT program and a few more tracks but it lauched with 1200 cars, 33 tracks with 71 variations and a track generator. It was not barebones by any means. Was it the best GT going, not in my opinion far from it, GT3 (which coincidentally was much more barebones) was a much more fun game.

Last edited:

There are 447 Premiums, 152 Semi-Premiums, while the remaning 642 are Standards. Also there are almost no duplicates for Premium.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ear-credits-pp-drive-and-make-columns.295180/

But it seems for now, GT cycle seems improved, GT7 even shows up at the very first premiere of PS5. Just GT7 showing up.... with some real game footages like the map menu (not only informations about how the game will be without the game display).... is far cry from PD in the past so far. Driveclub was a totally different game (i mean its arcade) but it got enough time to fill the void for ps4 exclusive racing before GT Sport was even revealed, and even then there was still delays on their release.

PD's work is seemingly significantly faster to have GT7 appear at the first place,

GT5 didn't add a whole lot of post launch content, GT6 added more thanks to the VGT program and a few more tracks but it lauched with 1200 cars, 33 tracks with 71 variations and a track generator. It was not barebones by any means. Was it the best GT going, not in my opinion far from it, GT3 (which coincidentally was much more barebones) was a much more fun game.

GT6 didn't launch with a track generator.

There are 447 Premiums, 152 Semi-Premiums, while the remaning 642 are Standards. Also there are almost no duplicates for Premium.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ear-credits-pp-drive-and-make-columns.295180/

But it seems for now, GT cycle seems improved, GT7 even shows up at the very first premiere of PS5. Just GT7 showing up.... with some real game footages like the map menu (not only informations about how the game will be without the game display).... is far cry from PD in the past so far. Driveclub was a totally different game (i mean its arcade) but it got enough time to fill the void for ps4 exclusive racing before GT Sport was even revealed, and even then there was still delays on their release.

PD's work is seemingly significantly faster to have GT7 appear at the first place,

Never knew GT6 had 447 Premium models...felt like less and it probably counts Base Models, Nascar and JGTC team duplicates.

However, if the remaining GT6 cars are included, GT7 could feature a car list similar to GT4 plus outsourcing with around 600-700.

What my concern is the Tracks, PD have recently lacked at launch... I'm hoping the circuits are improved rather than have circuits like Alsace / Dragon Trial with bland cardboard environments.

GT5 wasn't barebones at all as well. It had plenty, for me at least. Just not anywhere near GT3 (in terms of events) or GT4.
Thinking about it now, GT3 had too many events. A lot of them appeared more than once which made it seem quite boring at times. GT4 had less events but a larger variety and I think that's what we need for GT7.

Thinking about it now, GT3 had too many events. A lot of them appeared more than once which made it seem quite boring at times. GT4 had less events but a larger variety and I think that's what we need for GT7.

I really am Hoping Campaign is based on GT4, GT3 got repetitive... Would be cool if manufactures can get their own events.

Never knew GT6 had 447 Premium models...felt like less and it probably counts Base Models, Nascar and JGTC team duplicates.

However, if the remaining GT6 cars are included, GT7 could feature a car list similar to GT4 plus outsourcing with around 600-700.

What my concern is the Tracks, PD have recently lacked at launch... I'm hoping the circuits are improved rather than have circuits like Alsace / Dragon Trial with bland cardboard environments.
Why the different liveries should be treated as duplicates? Do you expect races to just have all cars with exact same 1 livery? IIRC the liveries are separated because race sponsor's deal to put their name on the spotlight more (putting them in the car's name and separately gives more recognition than like, liveries as colors).

I really am Hoping Campaign is based on GT4, GT3 got repetitive... Would be cool if manufactures can get their own events.
That's GT2/GT4 for manufacturers to get events. Though technically GT3/GT5/GT6 also did, but lumped together with the main events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the different liveries should be treated as duplicates? Do you expect races to just have all cars with exact same 1 livery? IIRC the liveries are separated because race sponsor's deal to put their name on the spotlight more (putting them in the car's name and separately gives more recognition than like, liveries as colors).

Not necessarily duplicates but they are technically the same cars ofcourse... GT Sport didn't really have cars for each team maybe GT7 will.

That's interesting because GT3 in my opinion had the best career mode of the lot. I actually liked having a competition for lower powered FR cars, one for mid powered FR cars and another for higher powered FR cars. It gave it more variety in a way other GT games haven't done so barring GT2, although in GT2 this was aimed around restrictions on single races rather than an entire event.

GT4 to me ended up a little bit dissapointing in the events selection because despite being so many events (I'm pretty sure there were actually more in GT4 than in GT3), there were too many cars that didn't really fit into any of them, at least not competetively.

I think having a lot of events is okay, as is having multiple events aimed at similar cars but for different power and performance levels. But the important thing is making use of the cars. It's not good throwing a thousand cars into a game if 30% of them aren't any use anywhere except in a single race. So the events need to be sychronised with the selection of cars in the game. It's easier said than done, and they have to work to keep it interesting as well.

I suppose PD just have to try to work out what most people want, becuase they won't be able to please us all.

GT6 Was the Best in the Series...By Far.

FBA31881-5A93-4272-8811-EA2B431BE243.jpeg

Still going previously; Do you expect races (like NASCAR or Super GT) to just have all cars with exact same 1 livery?

It's was the case in GT Sport, as I said will probably be different in GT7 to increase the car list which I'm ok with.

That's interesting because GT3 in my opinion had the best career mode of the lot. I actually liked having a competition for lower powered FR cars, one for mid powered FR cars and another for higher powered FR cars. It gave it more variety in a way other GT games haven't done so barring GT2, although in GT2 this was aimed around restrictions on single races rather than an entire event.

GT4 to me ended up a little bit dissapointing in the events selection because despite being so many events (I'm pretty sure there were actually more in GT4 than in GT3), there were too many cars that didn't really fit into any of them, at least not competetively.

I think having a lot of events is okay, as is having multiple events aimed at similar cars but for different power and performance levels. But the important thing is making use of the cars. It's not good throwing a thousand cars into a game if 30% of them aren't any use anywhere except in a single race. So the events need to be sychronised with the selection of cars in the game. It's easier said than done, and they have to work to keep it interesting as well.

I suppose PD just have to try to work out what most people want, becuase they won't be able to please us all.

I like the idea of low/mid/high powered events for a type of car and wish it'd return (the game should let you try any kinds of car even in that type, there aren't only slow FR cars!) but I think instead of going GT3's way, they should go GT2's way of listing every different level in that single event (though yeah, GT1/GT2 doesn't divide the events via difficulty such as Beginner/Professional/etc., just Special Events)

Also if GT had free roam it'd be a good use of many domestic cars the game have as traffics.

I like the idea of low/mid/high powered events for a type of car and wish it'd return (the game should let you try any kinds of car even in that type, there aren't only slow FR cars!) but I think instead of going GT3's way, they should go GT2's way of listing every different level in that single event (though yeah, GT1/GT2 doesn't divide the events via difficulty such as Beginner/Professional/etc., just Special Events)

Also if GT had free roam it'd be a good use of many domestic cars the game have as traffics.
You could maybe have the same event but multiple classes like a FF N200 class, FF N400 class and an FF unlimited class and when you enter the event you choose which class you want to compete in (provided you have a car qualifies of course).

Then they could either have all of the classes compete at the same time (though that would result in a decreased grid size for each class) or depending on which class you choose, the entire grid is made up of cars competing in that class.

It's was the case in GT Sport, as I said will probably be different in GT7 to increase the car list which I'm ok with.
I’d like to have generic cars too e.g. ‘Nissan GT-R Super GT (or Gr.2) so we don’t have the likes of Motul Autech GT-R with calsonic liveries etc. Minor point, but has always been a bit of a bug bear of mine!

You could maybe have the same event but multiple classes like a FF N200 class, FF N400 class and an FF unlimited class and when you enter the event you choose which class you want to compete in (provided you have a car qualifies of course).

Then they could either have all of the classes compete at the same time (though that would result in a decreased grid size for each class) or depending on which class you choose, the entire grid is made up of cars competing in that class.
I mean yeah, GT2 as an earlier game use hp to divide, but for now, use PP (yeah PP, not N class!) to divide.

I’d like to have generic cars too e.g. ‘Nissan GT-R Super GT (or Gr.2) so we don’t have the likes of Motul Autech GT-R with calsonic liveries etc. Minor point, but has always been a bit of a bug bear of mine!
It's what I want too, but IIRC the liveries are separated because race sponsor's deal to put their name on the spotlight more (putting them in the car's name and separately gives more recognition than like, liveries as colors). Also put the "Gr.2" or something fictional as Racing Modification.

Also, create a championships for these classes. Not a single race like it was in GT2. That was the game's biggest mistake. Having only a 1 race per class. (not taking into account that you could enter wagon races with cabriolet)

I even have some tables i did years ago with this in mind.

GT2 fan for life anyway :)

Last edited:
GT6 Was the Best in the Series...By Far.
It was so bad some fanboys who can't say bad things about GT ever started claiming that it was outsourced because that was the only way they could figure it out how bad it was.

It was a race game with no racing in it for solo players.

It was so bad some fanboys who can't say bad things about GT ever started claiming that it was outsourced because that was the only way they could figure it out how bad it was.

It was a race game with no racing in it for solo players.
:lol: It wasn't quite that bad, but it was far from one of the best Gran Turismo's going.

Not sure what you mean about it having no racing for solo players though, it had the full single player career. Do you mean GT Sport?

:lol: It wasn't quite that bad, but it was far from one of the best Gran Turismo's going.

Not sure what you mean about it having no racing for solo players though, it had the full single player career. Do you mean GT Sport?
Chasing the rabbit dodging mobile chicanes is not racing. At. All. GT6 is the worst game by a massive margin in the series.

The PP system is like an sucessor to power ratios from GT2.

GT7 race menus do look very similar to GT2 with separate championships and single races etc. Its says "Free" on some events and you require licence grades to enter them.

Licences should be difficult enough, GT5, 6 and Sport weren't really challenging...

Chasing the rabbit dodging mobile chicanes is not racing. At. All. GT6 is the worst game by a massive margin in the series.
Ah right, yes it was terrible for that. GT5 was the worst for it until GT6 came out. Some GT Sport races can be like that too, but hopefully this isn't a big problem in GT7.

The PP system is like an sucessor to power ratios from GT2.

GT7 race menus do look very similar to GT2 with separate championships and single races etc. Its says "Free" on some events and you require licence grades to enter them.

Licences should be difficult enough, GT5, 6 and Sport weren't really challenging...
The "race menu" currently seen in the trailer? You mean "GT World"? I think it's more like GT4's Course Selection at GT Mode (not Arcade Mode one), where after selecting track there will be Practice/Track Meet/Photo Drive/Family Cup (similar to GT7's Single Race/Circuit Experience/Time Trial/Drift Trial), though GT7 one fits in the events involving that track as well for bonus, but dunno if the event menus will be displayed individually too in menus "Special Events"/"Championships" where there will list the events like GT Cup, etc. and select the tracks there instead.

Back