Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
I don't think the garage menu is perfect, want that to be changed tbh. Like I want them to show actual garage instead of the grey background. And the menu seems unpolished so far (L1/R1 bullets that is unknown yet above 4 choices of Change Car/Car Settings/Car Index/Gift).

The Single Race/etc. part in GT World also seems out of place for now.
L1/R1 seems to change the camera view of the car, I've noticed, like the view of the interior.

And yeah, I don't think we're getting a separate Arcade Mode if those options are in GT World.

I don't think the garage menu is perfect, want that to be changed tbh. Like I want them to show actual garage instead of the grey background. And the menu seems unpolished so far (L1/R1 bullets that is unknown yet above 4 choices of Change Car/Car Settings/Car Index/Gift).

The Single Race/etc. part in GT World also seems out of place for now.

I was talking about map "GT Town". For the rest, difficult to judge, we saw almost nothing ;)

L1/R1 seems to change the camera view of the car, I've noticed, like the view of the interior.

And yeah, I don't think we're getting a separate Arcade Mode if those options are in GT World.
I thought it was for more options in garage..... so you mean the garage only contains 4 options? That's way less than the previous ones like GT6/GTS. Rather than a still limited camera view change, should just let the player freely highlight the car (only GTS' livery editor implements this) as a Gallery View/View Car. Also I want the garage to have an actual garage background.

GT7 is going to look like GTSport regardless if there's raytracing or not anyway. I mean just look at GT6 it's basically an HD version of GT4. It's the same developer with the same art style and the same rendering engine. Do people expect it to look over the top like Driveclub? I'm really at a loss when people mention that it's basically GTSport. Textures, foliage, lighting can be improve in the final product. But to expect it to look different, I don't think so. GTSport is already photorealistic and I think PD are already satisfied with its visual art style. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Foliage alone looks outdated for me. Rotating 2d trees, no tunnel trees, poor grass textures. I can't be optimistic when what we see is GTSport on PS5. Exact same 3d model, even the windshield is perfectly clean. I guess plastic barriers are still indestructible and hitboxes awful.

Foliage alone looks outdated for me. Rotating 2d trees, no tunnel trees, poor grass textures. I can't be optimistic when what we see is GTSport on PS5. Exact same 3d model, even the windshield is perfectly clean. I guess plastic barriers are still indestructible and hitboxes awful.
Sounds like you already played the full game to come to that conclusion. Have you even watched the trailer? It's obviously a work in progress. The menu has grammar errors, there's audio issue in the gameplay segment, the obvious pop in still there. Do you honestly think they are satisfied with what they've shown so far? Hell, I'd give them credit for showing the game for what it is and even if it's an early build. Most AAA devs would use CGI trailer or a gameplay footage running on a powerful PC and downgraded in full release. I'd gladly take GT7 with GTSport graphics, ray tracing, 4k 60fps, and decent amount of content than just porting GTSport on PS5. Good enough for early gen Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
Sounds like you already played the full game to come to that conclusion. Have you even watched the trailer? It's obviously a work in progress. The menu has grammar errors, there's audio issue in the gameplay segment, the obvious pop in still there. Do you honestly think they are satisfied with what they've shown so far? Hell, I'd give them credit for showing the game for what it is and even if it's an early build. Most AAA devs would use CGI trailer or a gameplay footage running on a powerful PC and downgraded in full release. I'd gladly take GT7 with GTSport graphics, ray tracing, 4k 60fps, and decent amount of content than just porting GTSport on PS5. Good enough for early gen Gran Turismo.

Well that's the thing. If this is early footage and the game isn't out for another 18+ months, that's fine. If it's a launch title, then people are going to be concerned.

Well that's the thing. If this is early footage and the game isn't out for another 18+ months, that's fine. If it's a launch title, then people are going to be concerned.
Even if GT7 is a launch title which I highly doubt. A good 4 months is enough time to ironed out all those poor textures, and audio issues. GTSport was in a worse state when they reveal it back in May 2016 and this is what the game looked like after a month. Huge difference obviously.

Last edited:
Bro I play ACC and the graphics and frame rate need works, but the game is fun as hell!! I actually like it the best when it comes to pure driving. That said I am not even worrying about grass, trees, birds, deer Etc. When I switch over from ACC to GTS it’s like night to day. IF GT7 can give me an even more polished look from GTS I would be extremely pleased!

Bro I play ACC and the graphics and frame rate need works, but the game is fun as hell!! I actually like it the best when it comes to pure driving. That said I am not even worrying about grass, trees, birds, deer Etc. When I switch over from ACC to GTS it’s like night to day. IF GT7 can give me an even more polished look from GTS I would be extremely pleased!
Same here although I do understand that people want more when it comes to visuals. But they should also temper their expectations. Sony has been hyping their fast SSD than just pure graphics with PS5. Imagine we can finally have track like Isle of Man with visuals fidelity of GTSport next generation. I think that would be exciting

Even if GT7 is a launch title which I highly doubt. A good 4 months is enough time to ironed out all those poor textures, and audio issues. GTSport was in a worse state when they reveal it back in May 2016 and this is what the game looked like after a month. Huge difference obviously.

Well sure, we just don't know where they really are. A short trailer featuring only one track really isn't enough to go on either way.

What if this trailer was created months ago just to satisfy the segment? I understand if development was significantly further along they could've updated the trailer, but with it all setup, produced, approved, and reviewed, it probably wasn't that current, and the graphic shortcomings were sufficient for the purpose of annoucing the game.

What if this trailer was created months ago just to satisfy the segment? I understand if development was significantly further along they could've updated the trailer, but with it all setup, produced, approved, and reviewed, it probably wasn't that current, and the graphic shortcomings were sufficient for the purpose of annoucing the game.

I feel like PD probably decided it was best to use an older build that didn't look as good and didn't really show off the aspects of the PS5's power (i.e.textures not looking incredible, pop-in issues that shouldn't be an issue with the PS5's SSD and I/O complex, spelling mistakes and numerical errors, etc) simply because it was probably a much more stable build compared to what was most recent - a newer build may not have been as stable on the PS5 due to game developmental issues stemming from COVID (development slowing heavily due to work from home probably?)

I don't know about PoDi but in their place, I would be satisfied a lot. Gorgeous and absolutely nothing to do with GT Sport where there were missing parts on some tracks.

From what we see in gameplay segment, these are just small fixes to be made (pop-in). I repeat myself but I'm happy that PoDi uses same engine because it's already great and it saves time and makes GT7 faster. I look forward to news informations. I never tire of watching the announcement trailer and I want to see more ! :D

I don't know about PoDi but in their place, I would be satisfied a lot. Gorgeous and absolutely nothing to do with GT Sport where there were missing parts on some tracks.

From what we see in gameplay segment, these are just small fixes to be made (pop-in). I repeat myself but I'm happy that PoDi uses same engine because it's already great and it saves time and makes GT7 faster. I look forward to news informations. I never tire of watching the announcement trailer and I want to see more ! :D
I'm with you bro!👍:D

It's possible. Although we got just a sketch of the MAzda RX-Vision, it was still six months later when we got the car.

PD have been working on "the next Gran Turismo already"(GT7) "21 months after GTS debuted"( if not earllier). Remember, since 2014-2017(?) PD kept placing job hirings. I think the latest were last year. So, I'm sure(I have no insider information) in that time, they have been plenty busy getting GT7 ready. Announcing the console this early and knowing many people are out of jobs, money is tight, race relations and social distancing, five months from now, we could be seeing GT7 on the shelves and in the PStore.

For those fussing about people in GT7.... they already have that in GT6 too.

It's possible. Although we got just a sketch of the MAzda RX-Vision, it was still six months later when we got the car.

PD have been working on "the next Gran Turismo already"(GT7) "21 months after GTS debuted"( if not earllier). Remember, since 2014-2017(?) PD kept placing job hirings. I think the latest were last year. So, I'm sure(I have no insider information) in that time, they have been plenty busy getting GT7 ready. Announcing the console this early and knowing many people are out of jobs, money is tight, race relations and social distancing, five months from now, we could be seeing GT7 on the shelves and in the PStore.

I wonder how many portions of their work went to GTS and GT7 respectively all this time after GTS was released.

I do wonder where the ‘concern’ is coming from. Digital Foundry where waxing lyrical over the GT7 reveal trailer. R&C aside, we saw literally seconds of gameplay footage, from most other (expected) PS5 launch titles.

The odd trackside texture, windscreen dirt, HUD’s etc., really aren’t pressing concerns or huge development challenges. Many of these are down to art direction. The rest polish you can implement when you have your performance targets locked with overhead to spare.

The biggest challenges are dynamic lighting, weather, larger grids etc. Features you categorically cannot run on PS4. Even at lower resolutions and graphical fidelity.

I do wonder where the ‘concern’ is coming from. Digital Foundry where waxing lyrical over the GT7 reveal trailer. R&C aside, we saw literally seconds of gameplay footage, from most other (expected) PS5 launch titles.

The odd trackside texture, windscreen dirt, HUD’s etc., really aren’t pressing concerns or huge development challenges. Many of these are down to art direction. The rest polish you can implement when you have your performance targets locked with overhead to spare.

The biggest challenges are dynamic lighting, weather, larger grids etc. Features you categorically cannot run on PS4. Even at lower resolutions and graphical fidelity.

The concern is that the trailer showed nothing new in terms of features/gameplay. You mention those challenges, we saw none of them.

So we just don't know where they're at right now. That could change in the next few weeks or months, but for now, none of us have any idea how far along the full game is, based on such little footage.

Dynamic lighting and weather could be already done along with a whole host of new features and just not shown off yet, or it could be years away from completion. We just don't know. But based on PD history, I think it's only natural people are concerned they'll put out an unfinished game again, or take years to finish it.

I'm pretty sure that the next trailer/gameplay video will show a more complete version of the game.

Just a note, the full trailer in the article is longer than what they showed in the PS5 reveal.

Notes:
  • Championships and Missions are separate on the left side. Both seem more similar to GT Sport, especially with the overall % values. What's the difference between Championships and World? Why does World not have a % value?
Late answers, but I just found yours. The GT World menu seems to be more like the Course Selection in GT4's GT Mode, but it fits the events that include that track as well for multiple access (you can access with either track menu or event) perhaps.
gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-36.jpg

Latest Posts

Back