Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
So, do we have any idea when can the next bunch of info appear? I guess it's hard to tell with all that corona stuff, since we can't use expos/conventions etc to get possible dates.
There’s a rumoured Sony show in August.

But I also think they’re waiting for a PS5 launch info dump. Whether you think GT7 will be in that is up for debate.

So, do we have any idea when can the next bunch of info appear? I guess it's hard to tell with all that corona stuff, since we can't use expos/conventions etc to get possible dates.

August? Sony are set to have a State of Play then, and there’s also Gamescom at the end of that month

I like the idea of low/mid/high powered events for a type of car and wish it'd return (the game should let you try any kinds of car even in that type, there aren't only slow FR cars!) but I think instead of going GT3's way, they should go GT2's way of listing every different level in that single event (though yeah, GT1/GT2 doesn't divide the events via difficulty such as Beginner/Professional/etc., just Special Events)

Also if GT had free roam it'd be a good use of many domestic cars the game have as traffics.
In that case, GT7 should also have power brackets for each championship like so:
FR Low - Up to 250 HP for cars such as the 86, MX-5, Silvia, FC RX-7 etc
FR Medium - 250 to 400 HP for cars such as the A110, FD RX-7, M3 E46, TVR Tuscan etc
FR High - 500 HP+ for cars such as the AMG GTS, Dodge Viper, Jaguar F-Type, Corvette ZR1 etc

In that case, GT7 should also have power brackets for each championship like so:
FR Low - Up to 250 HP for cars such as the 86, MX-5, Silvia, FC RX-7 etc
FR Medium - 250 to 400 HP for cars such as the A110, FD RX-7, M3 E46, TVR Tuscan etc
FR High - 500 HP+ for cars such as the AMG GTS, Dodge Viper, Jaguar F-Type, Corvette ZR1 etc
Yeah, not only FR, but also for many other events (obviously not something like Sunday Cup which is designed for starter cars, but those that have wide range of cars like Drivetrains)... though dunno that you say "each championship", but events (except GT League) are divided into single races and championships.

But as I've said, don't use hp anymore for power bracket (up to 250/250-400/500+), use PP for now. The biggest mistake of N class is only taking hp into account.

More I watch the trailer, more I'm impressed.

When you actually see the game in slow motion, you can tell the track detail is way higher than GT Sport. Better lighting, better texture, better lod, etc.

GT7 look insane.
lol, the track detail it's exactly the same as gts, same textures, same vegetation,same popup etc.
The only thing that seems it's been improved a bit are the reflections and the lighting in cockpit view but that's it...

Last edited:
lol, the track detail it's exactly the same as gts, same textures, same vegetation,same popup etc.
The only thing that seems it's been improved a bit are the reflections and the lighting in cockpit view but that's it...
GT7 is clearly based upon the foundations of GTS. And why shouldn’t it. It’s quite comfortably the best looking current gen, circuit based, driving game.

There is no like-for-like Trial Mountain comparison. Just from these glimpses we can see more dense vegetation, higher resolution rock formations, track furniture etc. Than we typically see in GTS. Which, when combined with native 4K and Ray Tracing, delivers a far more robust, realistic, image.

Dragon Trail may be a ‘first gen’ GTS track. But it’s plagued with flat trackside (and beyond) textures, low res, bland, rock and mountain textures. As a living 3D environment it’s wholly unconvincing. Almost like something made in a random track generator.

But the real test of GT7 will not be what we see in the trailer. It’s whether there will be higher grid counts, dynamic lighting, weather, better AI, damage etc. The kind of things PS4 simply cannot do without bringing the system to it’s knees.

I don't see a big difference with the Ray-tracing... Its unrecogniseable in most aspects and a waste of power holding back the graphics looking 90% like GT Sport.

I'd prefer hi res screen space reflections, detailed dense track details, foliage, trees 3d... Better rendering overall just look at Horizon Forbidden West which has no Ray-tracing and looks the most next gen.

I don't see a big difference with the Ray-tracing... Its unrecogniseable in most aspects and a waste of power holding back the graphics looking 90% like GT Sport.

I'd prefer hi res screen space reflections, detailed dense track details, foliage, trees 3d... Better rendering overall just look at Horizon Forbidden West which has no Ray-tracing and looks the most next gen.
We should simply wait for more news. So far, I'm not impressed and not even hyped by GT7 in terms of graphics. I used to look for news everywhere on the internet for GT. This time, it's different. I just wait and judge what I see. We'll see this month Forza 8 on the most powerful hardware.

More I watch the trailer, more I'm impressed.

When you actually see the game in slow motion, you can tell the track detail is way higher than GT Sport. Better lighting, better texture, better lod, etc.

GT7 look insane.
Feel free to upload some comparison screens if it's so easy to tell.

Well, initially, still looks like the same model "Sport" tyre.
2020-07-02.png

GT7 is clearly based upon the foundations of GTS. And why shouldn’t it. It’s quite comfortably the best looking current gen, circuit based, driving game.

There is no like-for-like Trial Mountain comparison. Just from these glimpses we can see more dense vegetation, higher resolution rock formations, track furniture etc. Than we typically see in GTS. Which, when combined with native 4K and Ray Tracing, delivers a far more robust, realistic, image.

Dragon Trail may be a ‘first gen’ GTS track. But it’s plagued with flat trackside (and beyond) textures, low res, bland, rock and mountain textures. As a living 3D environment it’s wholly unconvincing. Almost like something made in a random track generator.

But the real test of GT7 will not be what we see in the trailer. It’s whether there will be higher grid counts, dynamic lighting, weather, better AI, damage etc. The kind of things PS4 simply cannot do without bringing the system to it’s knees.

Yeah, same engine but really noticeable difference.... I hope that some tracks will be reworked and the others, improved.

But I especially hope that AI will be fast enough, even if there is a modification on our car. If it's like GT6, it could be boring :nervous:

The lighting difference is very noticeable. Not just on car models, but the way the lighting, falls on, and filters through, the vegetation and track side assets.

Like HDR, Ray Tracing can bring out existing detail, that is lost with basic lighting.

Guys, trailer of GT7 just reach 5.5M views !
The official GT channel also has near 400k views. So in total almost 6m views. Three times the reveal trailer views of GTS.

Goes to show the benefit of being revealed alongside PS5 and the move to a traditional format.

Last edited:
I kinda agree with the real time ray tracing not being the best solution. Its very GPU and memory intensive. Lets first say there are ways to make it less intensive:

using a lower amount of rays (diminishing returns, so sometimes 100,000 rays could give a similar result to 1,000,000 rays)
using a lower resolution for the texture (with tech like 4k checkerboard or DLSS, its even easier to achieve similar fidelity in lower res)
updating certain objects in a lower FPS (we've seen this in some reflections, how they update in 30 FPS)
eliminating certain objects from the bvh structure (e.g player car is ray traced but computer cars are not because we rarely seem them up close)
dynamic ray tracing update ( say if an object gets destroyed, the pieces now need to be updated into the structure before rays are shot again, most of the time this is unnecessary as players don't notice shadows of smaller objects)

Now look at how great these games look with no real time ray tracing on 7 year old hardware:

jnlGIm.png

EVen the UE5 tech demo doesn't used fully real time raytracing and it looks amazing:

1920x-1

In conclusion, PD as usual, are at the cutting edge in graphics technology and showcasing the PS5's tech with GT7. Whether they stick to these specs in the final design or lower it for more noticeable graphical improvements is still up in the air.

The lighting difference is very noticeable. Not just on car models, but the way the lighting, falls on, and filters through, the vegetation and track side assets.

Like HDR, Ray Tracing can bring out existing detail, that is lost with basic lighting.

The official GT channel also has near 400k views. So in total almost 6m views. Three times the reveal trailer views of GTS.

Goes to show the benefit of being revealed alongside PS5 and the move to a traditional format.

About that DB11 the lighting environment in GT7 is different to GT Sport making people who don't know about rendering be like "Woow looks soo much better", when in GT7 the car has a rectangular emission planes above and around the car making it look more contrasting. The same could be achieved in GT Sport.

I've scene no new shaders which seriously hope will be.

About Ray-tracing... I don't see the use of how much power it takes and games I've scene without it looked Next-gen like Horizon and UE5 demo than ones which had it which most looked Current gen with Ray-tracing.

About that DB11 the lighting environment in GT7 is different to GT Sport making people who don't know about rendering be like "Woow looks soo much better", when in GT7 the car has a rectangular emission planes above and around the car making it look more contrasting. The same could be achieved in GT Sport.

I've scene no new shaders which seriously hope will be.

About Ray-tracing... I don't see the use of how much power it takes and games I've scene without it looked Next-gen like Horizon and UE5 demo than ones which had it which most looked Current gen with Ray-tracing.
If the same lighting could be achieved in GTS, PD would have done it. Just one look at GT7, both gameplay & menus, it’s a significant leap forward.

GTS has always pushed lighting. HDR is a tremendous jump over SDR. Yet side-by-side with GT7, GTS looks distinctly gamey. It’s not just the cars either. As I stated above. The improvement in lighting brings out detail and depth to the vegetation and overall scene.

As I’ve also repeatedly stated. Trial Mountain in clear daylight conditions isn’t a stress test. What happens if we have a night race, with rain conditions? What if we have 20-30 car grids? What if they ramp up particle effects and things like motion blur?

These are all higher priorities than, let’s say, 3D trees. Or an obscure trackside texture people have obsessed over. That’s not to say these thing’s won’t also improve. But the priority is locked 60fps performance and overhead to add the features mentioned above.

ACC has many of the features and under the hood improvements I’d like to see in GT7. But on PS4 it runs at a shaky 30fps and looks distinctly current gen.

If the same lighting could be achieved in GTS, PD would have done it. Just one look at GT7, both gameplay & menus, it’s a significant leap forward.

They happened to put more lights around the car in GT7, doesn't mean they have to have done this in Sport.

GTS has always pushed lighting. HDR is a tremendous jump over SDR. Yet side-by-side with GT7, GTS looks distinctly gamey. It’s not just the cars either. As I stated above. The improvement in lighting brings out detail and depth to the vegetation and overall scene.

As I’ve also repeatedly stated. Trial Mountain in clear daylight conditions isn’t a stress test. What happens if we have a night race, with rain conditions? What if we have 20-30 car grids? What if they ramp up particle effects and things like motion blur?

These are all higher priorities than, let’s say, 3D trees. Or an obscure trackside texture people have obsessed over. That’s not to say these thing’s won’t also improve. But the priority is locked 60fps performance and overhead to add the features mentioned above.

ACC has many of the features and under the hood improvements I’d like to see in GT7. But on PS4 it runs at a shaky 30fps and looks distinctly current gen.
GT7 is going to look like GTSport regardless if there's raytracing or not anyway. I mean just look at GT6 it's basically an HD version of GT4. It's the same developer with the same art style and the same rendering engine. Do people expect it to look over the top like Driveclub? I'm really at a loss when people mention that it's basically GTSport. Textures, foliage, lighting can be improve in the final product. But to expect it to look different, I don't think so. GTSport is already photorealistic and I think PD are already satisfied with its visual art style. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:
GT7 is going to look like GTSport regardless if there's raytracing or not anyway. I mean just look at GT6 it's basically an HD version of GT4. It's the same developer with the same art style and the same rendering engine. Do people expect it to look over the top like Driveclub? I'm really at a loss when people mention that it's basically GTSport. Textures, foliage, lighting can be improve in the final product. But to expect it to look different, I don't think so. GTSport is already photorealistic and I think PD are already satisfied with its visual art style. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I agree, the improvements will be in resolution, lighting, LOD's, loading speeds of objects etc. The car and track models themselves are about as good as they can be, maybe higher LOD's and tweaks here and there, but there's very little need to push more polygons around a scene. In terms of what was possible in GT Sport as opposed to GT7, of course GT Sport on PS4 couldn't manage the same level of detail and lighting as GT7 is doing.

Real time reflections and reflections of reflections is a big deal for graphical fidelity, especially at high resolutions. I beleive the reflectsions are 1080p in the GT7 footage we've seen so far. That's pretty good and GT Sport certainly owuldn't be able to push close to 30fps doing that on PS4, let alone 60fps.

People will always compare pictures based on agendas and trolling, but nothing I have seen so far looks as good as GT7. People may be able to isolate a few assets in a single scene or shot and say "ha look, that's blurry, this other games got better graphics" but anyone can do that with any game. I can take shots of FF7 that make is look woeful if I focus on the weakest graphical parts, when the reality is that other than those few parts and in motion the game looks fantastic.

I think there was an expectation by some that we would see a big graphical leap when we moved into the next gen, but there's a reason all the build up has been around SSD's, Ray Tracing and other technical differences that will improve graphical effects, gameplay and level design over pushing more polygons. I have not seen a single next gen game that has completley blown my socks off graphically in the same way previous gen upgrades have. But when you compare a next gen game direclty with a current gen game onyour own TV I think the differences will be far more obvious with them being more focused on resolution, lighting and effects..

I agree, the improvements will be in resolution, lighting, LOD's, loading speeds of objects etc. The car and track models themselves are about as good as they can be, maybe higher LOD's and tweaks here and there, but there's very little need to push more polygons around a scene. In terms of what was possible in GT Sport as opposed to GT7, of course GT Sport on PS4 couldn't manage the same level of detail and lighting as GT7 is doing.

Real time reflections and reflections of reflections is a big deal for graphical fidelity, especially at high resolutions. I beleive the reflectsions are 1080p in the GT7 footage we've seen so far. That's pretty good and GT Sport certainly owuldn't be able to push close to 30fps doing that on PS4, let alone 60fps.

People will always compare pictures based on agendas and trolling, but nothing I have seen so far looks as good as GT7. People may be able to isolate a few assets in a single scene or shot and say "ha look, that's blurry, this other games got better graphics" but anyone can do that with any game. I can take shots of FF7 that make is look woeful if I focus on the weakest graphical parts, when the reality is that other than those few parts and in motion the game looks fantastic.

I think there was an expectation by some that we would see a big graphical leap when we moved into the next gen, but there's a reason all the build up has been around SSD's, Ray Tracing and other technical differences that will improve graphical effects, gameplay and level design over pushing more polygons. I have not seen a single next gen game that has completley blown my socks off graphically in the same way previous gen upgrades have. But when you compare a next gen game direclty with a current gen game onyour own TV I think the differences will be far more obvious with them being more focused on resolution, lighting and effects..
IMO, racing games are the one who's going to benefit the most when it comes to real time ray tracing. Honestly, not quite sure why people are downplaying that Next Gen graphical features. People do like to cherry picking certain flaws in videogames. I'm not stopping them from judging the graphics based on what they've shown so far but what I don't get is why make it sound like that's what we're going to get in the final version? And if that LOD popping we saw in the trailers are still in the full game then that's not hardware issues anymore there's something wrong with PD's engine.

Menus can change, like look at the earlier part of GT5's Tuning Shop: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-menu-screens-show-tuning-options/
For one I want them to still implement GT Sport's Top Screen when browsing menus outside the map menu (like Tuning Shop, GT Auto, etc.), just like GT1/GT2's shortcut menu.

I hope no. I can accept minor changes but this menu is perfect for me.
I don't think the garage menu is perfect, want that to be changed tbh. Like I want them to show actual garage instead of the grey background. And the menu seems unpolished so far (L1/R1 bullets that is unknown yet above 4 choices of Change Car/Car Settings/Car Index/Gift).

The Single Race/etc. part in GT World also seems out of place for now.

Back