Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
GT7Tuningscreen.jpg

In the tuning shop screen, at the top you will see the following categories for upgrades:

1. Entry
2. City
3. Sports
4. Race
5. Extreme

I'm guessing extreme will be like "Works"

Last edited:
...not sure if anyone noticed, but when GT Sport was announced, there was no time lapse of scenery (clouds, morning to day), but they did this here... also if not mistaken, there is some sort of raytracing here and there to be seen, being it a cutsceen or ingame, not sure... but o boy o boy... if this is how it will be, basically they've listened to their fans, giving them game that has everything that best GT games had... and more... (although there is much to be seen before coming to conclusions).

BTW, I'm not fanboy... but I have a feeling Sony did show MS how games should be shown...

I came to conclusion that PD aren't good at showcasing gameplay. They could have used that new onboard camera they're using in those FIA events, picked the best sounding car the game has to offer, and the best lighting time of day.

Last edited:
I came to conclusion that PD aren't good at showcasing gameplay. They could have used that new onboard camera they're using in those FIA event, picked the best sounding car the game has to offer, and best lighting time of day.

I think this stuff in general is aimed at a more casual crowd.

It’s still gonna be the game we know and love, but for the show it has to look like Fast and Furious.

I mostly run iRacing now, but I always love the nostalgia of firing up GT. This trailer seems to hit all the right buttons. I’m really looking forward to this.

I know some pin their hopes and dreams on every installment of the series, but I don’t think I’ve ever made a GT purchase and not gotten my money’s worth.

I think this stuff in general is aimed at a more casual crowd.

It’s still gonna be the game we know and love, but for the show it has to look like Fast and Furious.

To be honest, most of GT's hardcore fanbase are now crossing their thirties (I'll be 30 myself next year in Feb), and with work, family and social events, I think I'll finally welcome being one of the casuals. It's time for my kids to spend endless hours on Gran Turismo, here's to hoping they also get GT games till they turn into adults themselves.

Nearly the only game with absolutely no release date information, not even a year. It reminds me the PS3 launch trailers, 5 and a half years before GT5 was really available.

True, but it was still worth the hype and the wait. I loved GT5 & GT6, online was amazing and GREAT FUN!

Too much imho, while it‘s recognizeable it still feels a little over-modernized :( I hope we‘ll get the old version as well as a bonus.

My thoughts regarding the video shown in the article can be summed up in 6 words.
AI still braking at corner exit :lol:

I could see them including the original version as an alternate layout. But yeah, this is welcome news for an otherwise strange and ****** year.

Finally a GT game with AMAZING audio! I cant wait!!!
This is also something I noticed.

Going through the tunnel on the back-straight, the sound doesn't immediately jump to "tunnel reverb mode", the transition is smooth. Same for passing by cars, their exhaust sound doesn't sharply cut off once you've passed them.

On another note, the presented gameplay was driven using an analog stick...and the strange, excessively smooth wheel turning from GTS is still there. That oughta be fixed by launch, honestly, it just looks weird.

It seems all the cars from GTS should make a return. I remember Kaz saying the models they made for GT Sport are ready to transcend generations. Hey, as long as my Pantera comes back, it's all good...and where's that LFA already? Come on! With the new sound design, taking that thing through a tunnel would be goosebump-city.

Last edited:
Well this one looks good, though seeing the 917K racing against the Mazda VGT makes me worried that they dumped the car into the Gr.3 class...Better than Gr.X but it's still stupid, you can clearly see how the 917k pulls away from it.

I loved seeing that GTAuto is back along with the upgrade parts instead of those boring sliders, but I didn't see any Livery Editor, must be in the GTAuto menu, hopefully along with cosmetic upgrades.

Trail Mountain and Depp Forest are nice and I was expecting them to not come back in GT Sport, but I'm still annoyed that I will have to upgrade the console just to race on those tracks again...Very annoyed, in fact.

In terms of graphics, I see lots of improvements here but meh, I dont care about it as I think they already got it perfected in GTS...What I want to see is dynamic time and weather.

They really need to step up on the way they present their gameplays though.

Back