Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 11, 2020.

1. ferhound

ferhound

Never been so excited for mirrors.

2. WhiteShadw

WhiteShadw

GT7Tuningscreen.jpg

In the tuning shop screen, at the top you will see the following categories for upgrades:

1. Entry
    2. City
    3. Sports
    4. Race
    5. Extreme

I'm guessing extreme will be like "Works"

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  3. VincentVendetta

VincentVendetta

Nah, no, definitely not. The FIA wouldn't accept a giant rock laying right next to the track with no barriers. As for the final chicane, don't act like you weren't expecting this.

4. danh25

danh25

5. hejustsits

hejustsits

Two comments, one minute apart.

Gtplanet, never change :lol:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  6. AllMightyVTEC

AllMightyVTEC

I really do hope they do away with the fake brand names, it just seems ridiculous

Attached Files:

PLDSR, z71L28, forzaturismo and 5 others like this.
  7. ArR29

ArR29

I came to conclusion that PD aren't good at showcasing gameplay. They could have used that new onboard camera they're using in those FIA events, picked the best sounding car the game has to offer, and the best lighting time of day.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    PLDSR, Destroy321, MrYasser and 4 others like this.
  8. Stefan Clift

Stefan Clift

Extreme could possibly be like Race Modifications in GT2?

9. Ant78

Ant78

Any VR news or support?

Obsidian-2 and CTznOfTime like this.
  10. ferhound

ferhound

The driver actually being reflected on the mirror, this is pretty big for me.

[​IMG]

Auditore, Max_HP, PLDSR and 45 others like this.
  11. Ryan Sandall

Ryan Sandall

Dont know if I missed it but is old cote d azur back or Monaco looking at the map, is that dot right at the south coast that's where Monaco is right? Or I'm confused haha

12. GlamFM

GlamFM

I think this stuff in general is aimed at a more casual crowd.

It’s still gonna be the game we know and love, but for the show it has to look like Fast and Furious.

biftekman, dbarrade and PlasticBleach like this.
  13. Senna52

Senna52

I mostly run iRacing now, but I always love the nostalgia of firing up GT. This trailer seems to hit all the right buttons. I’m really looking forward to this.

I know some pin their hopes and dreams on every installment of the series, but I don’t think I’ve ever made a GT purchase and not gotten my money’s worth.

14. OHM_fusion

OHM_fusion

To be honest I did not expect to be so underwhelmed by the visuals of a next gen GT. Still hyped anyway.

forzaturismo and PlanetDragon7 like this.
  15. Flying_Kefran

Flying_Kefran Premium

Nearly the only game with absolutely no release date information, not even a year. It reminds me the PS3 launch trailers, 5 and a half years before GT5 was really available.

PLDSR, redhed17, m00ndancer and 3 others like this.
  16. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

It looks to me Trial Mountain in reverse....

Edit:
    Ray tracing much :drool:

Edit2: I hope we get these sort of replay views.... Down low from the car....

17. WhiteShadw

WhiteShadw

To be honest, most of GT's hardcore fanbase are now crossing their thirties (I'll be 30 myself next year in Feb), and with work, family and social events, I think I'll finally welcome being one of the casuals. It's time for my kids to spend endless hours on Gran Turismo, here's to hoping they also get GT games till they turn into adults themselves.

18. SSAuto

SSAuto

That's only a small early snippet, don't give up hope yet.

PlanetDragon7 likes this.
  19. WhiteShadw

WhiteShadw

True, but it was still worth the hype and the wait. I loved GT5 & GT6, online was amazing and GREAT FUN!

Torneo likes this.
  20. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

Trial Mountain

*mic drop*

21. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

I could see them including the original version as an alternate layout. But yeah, this is welcome news for an otherwise strange and ****** year.

StealthVel likes this.
  22. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

This is also something I noticed.

Going through the tunnel on the back-straight, the sound doesn't immediately jump to "tunnel reverb mode", the transition is smooth. Same for passing by cars, their exhaust sound doesn't sharply cut off once you've passed them.

On another note, the presented gameplay was driven using an analog stick...and the strange, excessively smooth wheel turning from GTS is still there. That oughta be fixed by launch, honestly, it just looks weird.

It seems all the cars from GTS should make a return. I remember Kaz saying the models they made for GT Sport are ready to transcend generations. Hey, as long as my Pantera comes back, it's all good...and where's that LFA already? Come on! With the new sound design, taking that thing through a tunnel would be goosebump-city.

23. MroczMR

MroczMR

Well... Murcielago is back
    upload_2020-6-12_0-11-0.png

24. TheGTGuy

TheGTGuy

I’m sure they will and these are just placeholders, I’m thinking like GT4 were you could buy aftermarket parts from proper brands like HKS and so on.

25. C-ZETA

C-ZETA

Well this guarantees my PS5 purchase, then. I'll certainly take the new 911 GT1 and 917. Looks great, apart from Sarah. Who looks faintly terrifying.

26. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

Well this one looks good, though seeing the 917K racing against the Mazda VGT makes me worried that they dumped the car into the Gr.3 class...Better than Gr.X but it's still stupid, you can clearly see how the 917k pulls away from it.

I loved seeing that GTAuto is back along with the upgrade parts instead of those boring sliders, but I didn't see any Livery Editor, must be in the GTAuto menu, hopefully along with cosmetic upgrades.

Trail Mountain and Depp Forest are nice and I was expecting them to not come back in GT Sport, but I'm still annoyed that I will have to upgrade the console just to race on those tracks again...Very annoyed, in fact.

In terms of graphics, I see lots of improvements here but meh, I dont care about it as I think they already got it perfected in GTS...What I want to see is dynamic time and weather.

They really need to step up on the way they present their gameplays though.

forzaturismo likes this.
  27. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

>Trial Mountain

Be still my heart.

>Suzuka West and Grand Valley pls

28. mister damon

mister damon

911 GT1? yeah, ok. take my ****ing money.

ProjectF and BallPtPenTheif like this.
  29. WJHMH

WJHMH Premium

Too far North of COTA's current location in Austin. That map is showing the DFW metroplex area.

30. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

My bet is Grand Valley located in Asia (Japan) and Deep Forest in Europe (Germany). That's probably why we didn't see them yet.

MAN BIG HYPE HERE!