Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 11, 2020.

1. xavi7elevenWRC

xavi7elevenWRC

4K Version for you guys if you wanna check.

2. BLADErunner80

BLADErunner80

Is COTA the texas circuit shown on the map?

3. Quakebass

Quakebass

So Trial Mountain is officially located in the US according to GT cannon:

Which means, canonically, Nessy is an asset of the Scottish government used to spy on the US.

D4D08434-EC99-4659-9B66-9513F846ED58.jpeg

Also, sadly, I see no red dot in the northwest corner, so probably no Seattle (at least for now).

4. MOV Games

MOV Games

Wouldn't be surprised. Absolutely not a fan though, not if FIA is blocking the original designs of the courses that started the series getting into the game as an alternative. The fantastic, occasionally slightly unrealistic original circuits is one of the notable reasons why I fell in love with the series in the first place.

5. rex1825

rex1825

...not sure if anyone noticed, but when GT Sport was announced, there was no time lapse of scenery (clouds, morning to day), but they did this here... also if not mistaken, there is some sort of raytracing here and there to be seen, being it a cutsceen or ingame, not sure... but o boy o boy... if this is how it will be, basically they've listened to their fans, giving them game that has everything that best GT games had... and more... (although there is much to be seen before coming to conclusions).

BTW, I'm not fanboy... but I have a feeling Sony did show MS how games should be shown...

ProjectF, silverman_GT, Zona and 9 others like this.
  6. machine1121

machine1121

I'm guessing Northern Isle Speedway for Texas.
    Fisherman's Ranch for Arizona.
    Blue Moon Bay, Trail Mountain, Willow Springs, and Laguna Seca for California.
    Colorado Springs (Maybe Pikes Peak) for Colorado.
    Unknown for Utah/Idaho area.

ProjectF, xxy98cn, sirjim73 and 3 others like this.
  7. Sele1981

Sele1981

Its all about nostalgia. I wont consider it a sim. Its an easy to enter game. Sit on the couch, grab your gamepad and grind. I love doing the challenging missions and driving school. I have all the Sim setup here, a DD wheel, Heusinkveld pedals, simvibe, VR and all. And its awesome. But I did not play for more than 2 years and it would be such a pain in the ass now to set it all up, just to do 2 laps. Thats why I love Gran Turismo. Turn on the console and play.

silverman_GT, traind, Nowax and 2 others like this.
  8. Daverytimes

Daverytimes

It seems so, that much they can do with the PS5. Let's hope for dynamic weather too.

9. andrea

andrea

It's really weird to see Trial Mountain in all it's glory. The ugly duck has become a swan.

ProjectF, GTFan24, sirjim73 and 7 others like this.
  10. zr1chris

zr1chris

Finally a GT game with AMAZING audio! I cant wait!!!

11. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Not necessarily. All they have to do is have it handshake with the current security chip.
    If it’s not backwards compatible, 3rd party options like Drivehub would likely step up.

12. Razgriz2118

Razgriz2118

What track is that on the US/Mexico border in Arizona? The only course I know of in that general vicinity is Inde Motorsports Ranch, but it's further north than that marker looks, which looks like it's in Nogales.

Also, I see people are complaining that the game doesn't look "next-gen" enough, but honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with some higher LODs, better environment details, shadows, reflections, more detailed textures, and dynamic time/weather. I think GT Sport was already fantastic looking and I was wondering how it could be improved.

And Trial Mountain, if there isn't a classic version, may the final chicane where you could launch your car sideways into the air rest in peace.

13. Mixolydian

Mixolydian Premium

Well, that was enough to get a huge smile on my face!

NoonenF1 likes this.
  14. larrybr07n

larrybr07n

I think Sarah and Rupert need to go :lol:...everything else looks awesome, GT Sport inside a classic Gran Turismo, what's not to like!

NoonenF1, StealthVel and TonySSS like this.
  15. machine1121

machine1121

My guess is Fisherman's Ranch from GT Sport. They don't have to be real world tracks. Trial Mountain is now in California.

ProjectF, GregDrou and Razgriz2118 like this.
  16. BLADErunner80

BLADErunner80

The red dot to the left of the U in United States lines up with Pikes peak btw.

[​IMG]

ProjectF, KayX23, eran0004 and 3 others like this.
  17. Quakebass

Quakebass

No, Rupert can stay. He brought tuning parts back to Gran Turismo.

ProjectF, finnracer, fatkid and 14 others like this.
  18. Stefan Clift

Stefan Clift

Here’s a clip of just the menu itself

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  19. bduddy

bduddy

Just a note, the full trailer in the article is longer than what they showed in the PS5 reveal.

Notes:
    • Championships and Missions are separate on the left side. Both seem more similar to GT Sport, especially with the overall % values. What's the difference between Championships and World? Why does World not have a % value?
    • "GT Sport Live" on the right side. This could be watching races and not just driving in them? "Multiplayer" is separate.
    • The "School" is at 80%. Maybe indicating something more similar to Sport than the old license tests?
    • Cars have both a N class and PP value, as others have stated.
    • There are "New" used cars but no pretend date visible in the game. Presumably they change over real time.
    • Looks like the part screen still has a lot of work to do, our 86 has 20 ft-lbs of "trque". I still find "Understeer Engineering" hilarious. Who would buy parts from them?
    • We might get real part makers? "Atkinson Motor Technology" isn't. Hopefully it's a real choice and not just sponsorships.
    • It's visible for a very small period of time but there is a "Gran Turismo World Final" in the GT World screen.
    • The red dots: 1 in Brazil is surely Interlagos. 2 in Britain are probably Brands Hatch and Goodwood. 1 in Spain is Catalunya. 1 in France is Le Mans, I see Spa, Monza, probably Dragon Trail over in Croatia, not sure about others in Europe.
    • The US is harder. We have Daytona in Florida, then something in Texas which may be CoTA. The tracks in the middle of the country are fantasy tracks, I'm guessing? Trial Mountain is apparently in the California mountains, which makes sense I guess. In California we have Laguna Seca and Willow Springs.
    • The in-race UI is identical. It could just be a stand-in though, please don't make any assumptions...
    • No more cutting the last chicane, that's for sure!
    • I thiiiiink all the cinematic footage is Trial Mountain.

ProjectF, xxy98cn, nickf1gr and 7 others like this.
  20. Volksauto

Volksauto

I guess they're trying to recreate the GT6 tutorials.
    Screenshot (134).png

21. bduddy

bduddy

Aha, there definitely are still licenses, look closely: upload_2020-6-11_14-54-51.png
    Still curious how this menu and the "Championships" menu interact.

ProjectF, xxy98cn, nickf1gr and 15 others like this.
  22. Vspectra

Vspectra

Defniitely ray-traced reflections. Reflecting other cars now.

23. SlimCharles

SlimCharles

They are finally having use of the exclusivity after half gen denying other devs to use PP. Good.

AMPMROCKETFANN and TonySSS like this.
  24. GlamFM

GlamFM

Immensely exciting.

This is very much the best of GT that I always wanted.

Only the fact that no date was given is kind of a bummer.

This could be far off.

GTFan24, sirjim73, Inferno251 and 3 others like this.
  25. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

I really hope that everything we have from GTS can be ported over!!!

If GT7 cannot be played on PS4 (I still hope it does), the alternative is I hope we GTS player can play along side with GT7 (I know: wishful thinking).

I think COTA would be lower in Texas toward the coast where Austin is no?

Good eye, looks like Trial Mountain is close by Oregon...

I hope you are right.... I think you are.

There are still so many tracks from the continental US missing on that map :( :( :( :( :(

26. Razgriz2118

Razgriz2118

I forgot about the rally tracks in GT Sport honestly (and so does PD it seems, from how little they're used outside of the single player modes), that would make sense. I just got excited for Arizona representation, like how Forza 3 and 4 had Sedona Motorsports Park.

With Daytona back and the oval courses already in the game, it'd be nice if some sort of stock car was added for oval racing, whether or not it's a "real" NASCAR or not.

27. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

It looks awesome and the level of foliage in Trial Mountain was impressive. I'm glad that solo players get their campaign mode back but I know people are going to complain about the lack of evolution in the campaign mode. Racing hasn't really evolved since the 1900's so I don't know what campaign progression people are expecting beyond, "grind a used car in races and buy a new car" campaign model. The campaign mode won't matter though unless they finally fix the horrible AI.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    marcvic, MrYasser, Inferno251 and 9 others like this.
  28. Obsidian-2

Obsidian-2

Where is the monkey though?

MrYasser, Nowax, dbarrade and 4 others like this.
  29. o000o

o000o

One thing's missing so far is that still no car logos in the car selection. :(

30. MSZ

MSZ

I just hope it has enough offline contents so I can finally buy a new console(I skipped PS4 and XBOne altogether)