Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
Defniitely ray-traced reflections. Reflecting other cars now.

This trailer was just a huge ray-traced eye candy fest. I’m in love.

5A0CD755-2CCE-4C94-B52D-6A3DBC70EF0B.png

216DD5C5-AD41-4590-A052-1CDB7878E44A.png

3A8B365D-3071-418C-83FA-887F1E2F08D9.png

The driver actually being reflected on the mirror, this is pretty big for me.

gran-turismo-7-ps5-9.jpg
And the reflections in the driver’s helmet being reflected again by the mirror. (Aka reflecting the light through RT not just the texture)

Mixed feelings. Glad tuning and campaign mode are back after the deviation of Sport.

But.. they Tilked Trial Mountain ! That bloody slow chicane at the end of the lap will ruin it, previously it was a great challenge to take not only the final fast chicane but also then the first fast corners of the lap, up and over, as fast as you could in an underpowered car.

Quick summary of my impressions:

Stuff that's positive:

- GT7! a fully fledged GT game, with campaign, tuning, gt auto, used cars, licence tests, missions, etc.
- new (and returning) cars, new (and returning) tracks
- hopefully dynamic weather
- raytracing in some scenes (self-reflections, reflections in the pits, car-in-car reflections... however, let's keep in mind that stuff where raytracing are shown are not true gameplay, this was in scenes like menu, pits, replays.
- music sounds nice
- sport mode still in

Stuff not so positive:

- same GT SPORT graphics when driving, which is not a bad thing inherently, but I would think that the game would look better on PS5 :confused:
- same GT SPORT audio - engines, tire squeel, even the timer sound

Stuff that's negative to me:

- same GT SPORT physics. Now I know, I shouldn't judge physics from a video but it's quite obvious... it's the same freaking under-throttle understeer, super stiff suspensions, traction control kicking in when changing gears (wtf?), tire model is hard to judge but I don't expect that to be different :indiff:
- same GT SPORT hands-placement on the steering wheel which drives me nuts, I can't handle to see how the driver hold the steering wheel with his thumbs stretched out :scared:
- same GT SPORT dumbass AI, at least from the first glance
- same GT SPORT pre-baked lighting, which means only one thing: no dynamic ToD...
- same GT SPORT driving HUD
- no launch window

So, yeah, I expected more in terms of the actual driving mechanics. I really hope the gameplay part was a placeholder, just GT SPORT running Trial Mountain... :confused:

User menu experience finally looks better designed. Only a couple of clicks to get in to what race you'd like, either Time trial or Sunday cup, all on the same screen. Always hated the number of button presses to move around the interface but not a patch on the aggro for buying/confirming/installing/confirming each and every part. GT Sport was a big improvement in that sense, so GT7 and these GT4 style menus better be slick and few clicks..

I’m sure they will and these are just placeholders, I’m thinking like GT4 were you could buy aftermarket parts from proper brands like HKS and so on.
I really hope you’re right, the only reason I feel compelled to point them out is because they’re carried over from GT Sport, and you can see the DBR9 still has the faux-Gulf livery

Anyone else notice the description for exhaust upgrades in the Tunning section, “It also gives it a purer sound” makes me wonder if PD have developed different sounds depending on Exhausts for each car, more aggressive sounding or quieter etc depending on what you choose. Hopefully they have anyways, I’d like to see them implement what Need for speed Heat does by allowing you to customise the sound from the exhaust.

Last edited:
The trailer looked phenomenal as you would expect from a Gran Turismo title. It is great to see at least 3 new Porsches too. The return of Trial Mountain for example is wonderful and long overdue.

My favourite thing about the entire thing is dynamic time. I hope dynamic weather comes too but with PD you never know.

Doesn't it feel strange to see Tuning, GT Auto, Used Cars and Cafe back in GT? Strange in the best possible way!

I really hope you’re right, the only reason I feel compelled to point them out is because they’re carried over from GT Sport, and you can see the DBR9 still has the faux-Gulf livery
I don’t mind that as such, perhaps it saves PD money by only having to model the car and not have to pay to design the livery for that car aswell.

Anyone else notice the description for exhaust upgrades in the Tunning section, “It also gives it a purer sound” makes me wonder if PD have developed different sounds depending on Exhausts for each car, more aggressive sounding or quieter etc deepening on what you choose. Hopefully they have anyways, I’d like to see them implement what Need for speed Heat does by allowing you to customise the sound from the exhaust.
That was a part of the previous games as well.

GT5 was the last time I was this excited for a GT game, and even tho I was hugely let down by bizarre game design I am still beside myself for this one. With the modern technology and the quite clear hints in the videos so far I genuinely fail to see how this game could not meet my childish expectations.

I got wood over here! Little concerned about the excessive amount of racing cars in the video today, hoping for much much more road cars! But a return to the traditional menu, used car dealer, hopefully the machine test returns( 0-60 etc) , been gone since GT5. But more road cars!

The post-trailer screenshots have been more interesting than the reveal trailer so far.

- I like that PP is back again. I hope the system isn’t as broken as it was before.

- Still the same old GT3 cars for now. Hope they get updates before the game releases.

- Northern Isle Speedway is back. Quality track list incoming.

- Would have liked to see more on the visual upgrades or livery editor. Nothing there yet though.

- Trial Mountain looks really weird. I hope they didn’t mess with it too much.

- The hud is the same as GT Sport, I hope they change that before release.

- I’m hoping those shifting clouds teased dynamic conditions.

- Main menu looks really good, but that’s because it’s directly lifted from the best one in the series.

- nO ReLeAsE DaTE?!?!?! Can’t wait for holiday 2024.

The gameplay is a letdown tbh. While the graphics look great, I had hoped that GT would finally grow up and evolve. The stupid way the AIs drive and the fact that there is a 917 racing against GT cars makes it look like more of the same including the same severely outdated gameplay mechanics.
Lol this is still being in development... I have hopes.

The post-trailer screenshots have been more interesting than the reveal trailer so far.

- I like that PP is back again. I hope the system isn’t as broken as it was before.

- Still the same old GT3 cars for now. Hope they get updates before the game releases.

- Northern Isle Speedway is back. Quality track list incoming.

- Would have liked to see more on the visual upgrades or livery editor. Nothing there yet though.

- Trial Mountain looks really weird. I hope they didn’t mess with it too much.

- The hud is the same as GT Sport, I hope they change that before release.

- I’m hoping those shifting clouds teased dynamic conditions.

- Main menu looks really good, but that’s because it’s directly lifted from the best one in the series.

- nO ReLeAsE DaTE?!?!?! Can’t wait for holiday 2024.

The HUD in GTS is one of the best in any racing game. If they change it, I hope only a little

Back