Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 11, 2020.

1. matrix_gt1

matrix_gt1 Premium

I think it’s cause GTSport looked sooo good. And PD said they r more keen this gen to focus on FPS rather than just super graphics.

2. gnorman

gnorman

They'll be aiming for sponsorship of it. Waiting for them to announce a partnership with Halfords or Racer's Edge. Surprised it doesn't say "For Rent".

3. Granadier

Granadier Premium

This trailer was just a huge ray-traced eye candy fest. I’m in love.

5A0CD755-2CCE-4C94-B52D-6A3DBC70EF0B.png
    216DD5C5-AD41-4590-A052-1CDB7878E44A.png
    3A8B365D-3071-418C-83FA-887F1E2F08D9.png

And the reflections in the driver’s helmet being reflected again by the mirror. (Aka reflecting the light through RT not just the texture)

ZRO, ProjectF, Aero2000 and 22 others like this.
  4. RadishTM

RadishTM

Agreed. Feels like PD didn't have enough budget for licensing brands/track sponsors in-game ever since GT Sport arrived. I miss the legit sponsors in the fictional tracks of previous GT games, gave them a breath of realism.

5. Ryan Sandall

Ryan Sandall

Tbh if they used a track already in gtsport game you wouldn't tell the difference identical visuals
    None or miniscule changes in the on screen display

6. samoht gtx

samoht gtx

Mixed feelings. Glad tuning and campaign mode are back after the deviation of Sport.

But.. they Tilked Trial Mountain ! That bloody slow chicane at the end of the lap will ruin it, previously it was a great challenge to take not only the final fast chicane but also then the first fast corners of the lap, up and over, as fast as you could in an underpowered car.

7. V1LR-GUE10

V1LR-GUE10 Premium

Ugh the detail is just amazing. I’m LIVING for this

8. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Quick summary of my impressions:

Stuff that's positive:

- GT7! a fully fledged GT game, with campaign, tuning, gt auto, used cars, licence tests, missions, etc.
    - new (and returning) cars, new (and returning) tracks
    - hopefully dynamic weather
    - raytracing in some scenes (self-reflections, reflections in the pits, car-in-car reflections... however, let's keep in mind that stuff where raytracing are shown are not true gameplay, this was in scenes like menu, pits, replays.
    - music sounds nice
    - sport mode still in

Stuff not so positive:

- same GT SPORT graphics when driving, which is not a bad thing inherently, but I would think that the game would look better on PS5 :confused:
    - same GT SPORT audio - engines, tire squeel, even the timer sound

Stuff that's negative to me:

- same GT SPORT physics. Now I know, I shouldn't judge physics from a video but it's quite obvious... it's the same freaking under-throttle understeer, super stiff suspensions, traction control kicking in when changing gears (wtf?), tire model is hard to judge but I don't expect that to be different :indiff:
    - same GT SPORT hands-placement on the steering wheel which drives me nuts, I can't handle to see how the driver hold the steering wheel with his thumbs stretched out :scared:
    - same GT SPORT dumbass AI, at least from the first glance
    - same GT SPORT pre-baked lighting, which means only one thing: no dynamic ToD...
    - same GT SPORT driving HUD
    - no launch window

So, yeah, I expected more in terms of the actual driving mechanics. I really hope the gameplay part was a placeholder, just GT SPORT running Trial Mountain... :confused:

9. tankuroded

tankuroded

There's a chance one of the dots could stand for Colorado Springs and/or Fisherman's Ranch...

TonySSS and ZoomingZoomer like this.
  10. gnorman

gnorman

User menu experience finally looks better designed. Only a couple of clicks to get in to what race you'd like, either Time trial or Sunday cup, all on the same screen. Always hated the number of button presses to move around the interface but not a patch on the aggro for buying/confirming/installing/confirming each and every part. GT Sport was a big improvement in that sense, so GT7 and these GT4 style menus better be slick and few clicks..

11. MisterOne77

MisterOne77

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg...........

omg

12. Nowax

Nowax

I could've left the stream when GT7 would finish, but i was with a friend, so i had to keep in there lol.

13. AllMightyVTEC

AllMightyVTEC

I really hope you’re right, the only reason I feel compelled to point them out is because they’re carried over from GT Sport, and you can see the DBR9 still has the faux-Gulf livery

GregDrou and TheGTGuy like this.
  14. 05XR8

05XR8

Sorry KTM, but good-byyyyye X-BOW!

15. Theufcveteran

Theufcveteran

I just realised... Scapes are back! Here's a look at the map in 4K:

[​IMG]

16. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

OMG LICENSES why do I have to wait for this game?

Used cars, GT Auto, Licenses, Classic Tracks... Kaz you sneaky :censored:

ProjectF, xxy98cn, nickf1gr and 16 others like this.
  17. TheGTGuy

TheGTGuy

Anyone else notice the description for exhaust upgrades in the Tunning section, “It also gives it a purer sound” makes me wonder if PD have developed different sounds depending on Exhausts for each car, more aggressive sounding or quieter etc depending on what you choose. Hopefully they have anyways, I’d like to see them implement what Need for speed Heat does by allowing you to customise the sound from the exhaust.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    ZRO, ProjectF, forzaturismo and 14 others like this.
  18. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

The trailer looked phenomenal as you would expect from a Gran Turismo title. It is great to see at least 3 new Porsches too. The return of Trial Mountain for example is wonderful and long overdue.

My favourite thing about the entire thing is dynamic time. I hope dynamic weather comes too but with PD you never know.

Doesn't it feel strange to see Tuning, GT Auto, Used Cars and Cafe back in GT? Strange in the best possible way!

19. TheGTGuy

TheGTGuy

I don’t mind that as such, perhaps it saves PD money by only having to model the car and not have to pay to design the livery for that car aswell.

MrYasser likes this.
  20. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

That was a part of the previous games as well.

21. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

GT5 was the last time I was this excited for a GT game, and even tho I was hugely let down by bizarre game design I am still beside myself for this one. With the modern technology and the quite clear hints in the videos so far I genuinely fail to see how this game could not meet my childish expectations.

22. JoeH187

JoeH187

I got wood over here! Little concerned about the excessive amount of racing cars in the video today, hoping for much much more road cars! But a return to the traditional menu, used car dealer, hopefully the machine test returns( 0-60 etc) , been gone since GT5. But more road cars!

z71L28, SSAuto, Adie and 1 other person like this.
  23. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

The post-trailer screenshots have been more interesting than the reveal trailer so far.

- I like that PP is back again. I hope the system isn’t as broken as it was before.

- Still the same old GT3 cars for now. Hope they get updates before the game releases.

- Northern Isle Speedway is back. Quality track list incoming.

- Would have liked to see more on the visual upgrades or livery editor. Nothing there yet though.

- Trial Mountain looks really weird. I hope they didn’t mess with it too much.

- The hud is the same as GT Sport, I hope they change that before release.

- I’m hoping those shifting clouds teased dynamic conditions.

- Main menu looks really good, but that’s because it’s directly lifted from the best one in the series.

- nO ReLeAsE DaTE?!?!?! Can’t wait for holiday 2024.

Ramosis, Fabr_123, TonySSS and 2 others like this.
  24. Nowax

Nowax

Lol this is still being in development... I have hopes.

Inferno251, TonySSS and CTznOfTime like this.
  25. Animera

Animera

I wonder if car wash and oil change are back?
    Loving the look of GT7!

ProjectF, Niop, Adie and 4 others like this.
  26. RussRobit

RussRobit Premium

Looks ready to launch with ps5 to me. I'll gladly take what they got and fill the rest with dlc!!

27. matrix_gt1

matrix_gt1 Premium

The HUD in GTS is one of the best in any racing game. If they change it, I hope only a little

NoonenF1 and Vspectra like this.
  28. gtone339

gtone339

Glad Daytona is back as well as GT classic tracks like Trial Mountain! Here's hoping for more classic GT tracks return in GT7 hehe! :D

29. Vspectra

Vspectra

30. AlanH49

AlanH49