Gran Turismo 7 Review Embargo and Media Live Streaming Dates Revealed

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 151 comments
I was about to preorder until I read about the embargo. I'm pretty sure they're trying to hit release before base PS4 footage hits the internet. I'd imagine base PS4 took a performance hit relative to GT Sport, due to all of the added weather sim stuff.

If the performance hit is just a reduction to 30fps I'll still buy it but ultimately I'll let the first wave of reviews come through before I purchase anything.

You can always promote more.
However I don't think revealing the full car release will suddenly lead to a spike in sales.
GT7 already has a big hype going on now.
True it probably won’t lead to a sudden spike in sales, but it’s still one of the most tangible pre-release appetizers they can offer. Then again, it would soon get outdated with new additions arriving in the coming months, so maybe that’s why, but GT6 didn’t hesitate to announce its car list.

I was about to preorder until I read about the embargo. I'm pretty sure they're trying to hit release before base PS4 footage hits the internet. I'd imagine base PS4 took a performance hit relative to GT Sport, due to all of the added weather sim stuff.
As long as it doesn’t look worse than GTS I’m happy with whatever we get

All I worry about is the Day One Patch size , I live in a village in the middle of knowhere and my DL Speed is way beyond slower than a politician promising to deliver all there election promises .

I mean the game maybe avialable at 00-00-01 but it may take till the late afternoon if it's huge :boggled:

Last edited:

If the performance hit is just a reduction to 30fps I'll still buy it but ultimately I'll let the first wave of reviews come through before I purchase anything.
It's probably safe to say they didn't get to optimize a GT before the end of life for the PS4, so it will still be about the same as GT Sport, just a little more content added.

cheeky live stream under the heading "My little Pony stream" to fool the NDA
I remember a beta tester for Project CARS 2 once did something similar and booted up PC2 halfway through a stream for a totally unrelated game XD

The takeaway from my post is more can be done to promote the game at this point. This is a fact. There’s still time, but it’s getting overdue for something once considered Playstation’s greatest flagship title.
Kevin Buttler

All I worry about is the Day One Patch size , I live in a village in the middle of knowhere and my DL Speed is way beyond slower than a politician promising to deliver all there election promises .

I mean the game maybe avialable at 00-00-01 but it may take till the late afternoon if it's huge :boggled:
Keep an eye on this twitter account they can give an idea about the patch size earlier before it drops. https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize

There will be no reduction to 30fps because it would destroy the gameplay consistency between the platforms. And also embargo- It's still better than many other that had it set for the day of game release. But it will look like gt sport on ps4.

Last edited:
After lurking on these forums for 20 years I have finally got around to actually posting something….anyway not important! Just want to say that its been a long time since I have been this excited by a GT release, probably since GT5. Also I remember when GT Sport came out a guy from the USA started steaming the first gameplay, I think he was a pianist….he was the most popular guy here for a few weeks…wonder what happened to him!

I’m sure Jordan and staff will give us the heads up on file size, car list update(at least car model and year of the current car list), etc.

The only "leak" if i is, I hope to see, is the number of liveries I can create and how many stickers I can import.
GT Sport has a maximum of 1000 liveries and 1000 stickers library, with a 15kb sticker size restriction.

PS: the longest 9 days coming...

I'm placing a bet that IGN will give it a 8. Because it's Gran Turismo of course, and that's what it'll always get from IGN.

Last edited:
Based on what? The lowest they've given a GT game is Sport that got 7.5. All the other GT games got higher than that (8s and 9s).
Someone failed to notice it was a sarcastic posted. I edited it anyway, because potato.

Back