Gran Turismo 7 Review Embargo and Media Live Streaming Dates Revealed

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 151 comments
I know some people are worried about the fact that the embargo lifts only two days before launch but might it be a positive that reviewers will have close to two weeks with the game?

I know some people are worried about the fact that the embargo lifts only two days before launch but might it be a positive that reviewers will have close to two weeks with the game?
It’s positive for the reviewers they can play and relax without the pressure of having to write, edit and publish something on short notice. For everyone else it makes next to no difference whether they have 8 or 12 days to review it.

No real need to worry, pretty normal stuff really.

As long as it doesn’t look worse than GTS I’m happy with whatever we get
I get the feeling this attitude will perpetuate a disappointing future for GT games.

So what's the point in paying so much money for a new game. Reminds me of all these other new games being pumped out without much or any graphic improvements or content. Yes we need to compromise because of the PS5 shortage but if Sony see that they they can start to pump out future GT games without any graphic improvements it will be an extremely disappointing change in philosophy. I suspect this is the way it will go and Sony can once again rely on the massive fanbase to buy whatever they instruct PD to produce.

If the extra content in GT7 without a graphics and probably physics improvement is really worth £50 to someone without realising it's a comprise then that's on them.

I get the feeling this attitude will perpetuate a disappointing future for GT games.

So what's the point in paying so much money for a new game. Reminds me of all these other new games being pumped out without much or any graphic improvements or content. Yes we need to compromise because of the PS5 shortage but if Sony see that they they can start to pump out future GT games without any graphic improvements it will be an extremely disappointing change in philosophy. I suspect this is the way it will go and Sony can once again rely on the massive fanbase to buy whatever they instruct PD to produce.

If the extra content in GT7 without a graphics and probably physics improvement is really worth £50 to someone without realising it's a comprise then that's on them.

It's a unique scenario with the cross gen launches that hasn't happened in the past. Could be argued that GTS was possibly already pushing the PS4 quite hard, what improvements could you realistically expect?

It's clear to me from what I've seen that GT7 on PS5 is a significant step up from GTS. That same step can't be expected on PS4.

If GT7 didn’t come out on PS4 I’m sure it’d look a lot better, because it wouldn’t need to be last-gen cross play compatible
this is honestly nonsense to me. It looks great right now, and on top of that it still would be using older techniques from when they were developing the game on PS4 before porting over. All Sony games started life in some way using PS4. This is why we are getting all these games so early in the PS5s life, vs situations like GT6 being locked on an older platform instead of on PS4.

On top of that the PS4 to PS5 transition is way different than any other generation where for the first time ever they pretty much brought over a ton of what they did development environment wise on PS4 and extended things on PS5. There was a reason why cerny said people could dev on a PS5 with zero Prior knowledge.

The only enemy to devs is time, not technology. Horizon Forbidden west is an example of that people thought they wouldnt be able to have flying in the game because of PS4 and they did it despite that.

You would be getting the same product with or without PS4 in mind, just sony never revealing that the game started life on PS4.

We are getting extremely mature 1st gen games for the first time ever vs the prolouge like games of the past And having a full game way later in the generation.

Last edited:
GT7 would look better than it does currently on PS5?
The environments would probably look better than they already are, I'm not sure how much better they can get the car models to look though. They're stunning.

The environments would probably look better than they already are, I'm not sure how much better they can get the car models to look though. They're stunning.
Car models imo have been pretty much perfected by them, now they just need to work more with lighting and reflections and at least from what ive seen they have a large jump early and I think their next version they will jump even more in that regard. Hopefully we see them achieve Raytraced reflections etc at a higher frame rate in gameplay some day(I dont expect to see it on PS5) I think what we are seeing esp how they are doing weather and lighting is really masterful esp for a year 2 game on a new console.

this is honestly nonsense to me. It looks great right now, and on top of that it still would be using older techniques from when they were developing the game on PS4 before porting over. All Sony games started life in some way using PS4. This is why we are getting all these games so early in the PS5s life, vs situations like GT6 being locked on an older platform instead of on PS4.

On top of that the PS4 to PS5 transition is way different than any other generation where for the first time ever they pretty much brought over a ton of what they did development environment wise on PS4 and extended things on PS5. There was a reason why cerny said people could dev on a PS5 with zero Prior knowledge.

The only enemy to devs is time, not technology. Horizon Forbidden west is an example of that people thought they wouldnt be able to have flying in the game because of PS4 and they did it despite that.

You would be getting the same product with or without PS4 in mind, just sony never revealing that the game started life on PS4.

We are getting extremely mature 1st gen games for the first time ever vs the prolouge like games of the past And having a full game way later in the generation.

^ This. I think GT is and always has looked amazing. All I meant is that other areas can be improved. Car wise it’s not much to gain except damage modelling.

I'm predicting around 8.5s, around The Batman type scores. Won't be the best reviewed racing game but it will be viewed as a strong return to form for the series.

I'm predicting around 8.5s, around The Batman type scores. Won't be the best reviewed racing game but it will be viewed as a strong return to form for the series.
I think that is where I’m at. My heart wants it to surpass GT4 scores. But we will see. It feels like this one is special though.

IGN gave a 9, GameSpot has "Review in progress" thing, gave an 8. Will likely settle around 85 on Metacritic, which would be the highest average since GT4.
IGN gave it a 9?! good for them,was expecting 7 1/2-8 at best. :)

From the looks of it, it might get a better overall score than GT5 & 6, which is what I predicted oddly enough. It would be nice to be right about this.

IGN and GTP both raised issues about the AI and chase the rabbit events, also saw this on the IGN review, which doesn't sit well, but could mean the DLC will at least be free.

Microtransaction Reaction​

"Gran Turismo 7 features the shady ability to top-up your in-game credit balance with real money via the PlayStation Store. At the time of publish the link to do so directly from the various purchase screens in-game is not functioning, so we're unable to see how much credits cost. It would seem that this is a different approach to the microtransactions added to GT Sport in 2018 (which was around a year after it was reported it would not feature microtransactions). The microtransactions added to GT Sport allowed cars to be directly purchased a la carte for real money; GT7 appears to be a cash-for-credits scheme. Either way, GT7's microtransactions have me feeling a bit cynical overall, especially considering how hard GT7 leans into making some of its coolest cars artificially scarce. Some rare cars will only pop up occasionally to buy before they're "sold out", and others require peculiar, time-limited, in-game invitations to actually purchase. It's easy to see how the fear of missing out may coax some players who are light on credits to shell out real cash to grab certain cars before they disappear again."

This is that gamestop partial review....brings up good points about the cars being old.

Classic cars are one thing, but new cars should be the new models.

Which makes me think this is just another cash grab from PD similar to GT5 then GT6....

This is that gamestop partial review....brings up good points about the cars being old.

Classic cars are one thing, but new cars should be the new models.

Which makes me think this is just another cash grab from PD similar to GT5 then GT6....

.. And what does Forza? In Horizon 5, for example Audi R8 pre-facelift and old A6 model still..
In Forza 7, there gotten included no AMG GT3 until end of lifetime, GT Sport had it.
Therefore, GT has unique cars with vision GT, no competitor have. That’s for me one buy reason, i dont want drive only the newest road cars like from Ferrari.

Last edited:
Back