Gran Turismo 7 Soundtrack

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 137 comments
Australia
Australia
  • “The Music of Gran Turismo” official soundtrack, available as 25th Anniversary bonus content

Update 2/2/22:
Moon Over The Castle remix by Bring Me The Horizon

Update 3/2/22:
A9E99D67-F237-4337-B422-8688D7B50EDC.jpeg

Over 75 music artists covering 300 tracks of music.

Last edited:
I really hope that song was a place holder for the menus or was only used for demo purposes and they stick with the traditional bossa nova, lounge and jazz for the menus.
True, with rock menu music like the one in the trailer, GT7 tries too hard to mimic FM7 UX-wise while it also conflicts with the classic GT-esque map interface IMO

Would this thread be appropriate for soundtrack wishlists, or is this only about the songs we know to be featured in the game? I don't feel like starting a new thread simply to say a few songs I'd love to see/think fit the game.

Fairwell To The Fairground - White Lies
Portugal - Elven Pond
Whatever - Shantel
Crave You - Flight Facilities, Giselle
New York City Rage Fest - Kid Cudi
About a Woman - Protassov
Fleur bleue - Orsten
Dance With Me - 3rd Force
Well I Gotta Story - Evolve

Okay, this song will most likely not be in the soundtrack.
The GT6 announcement trailer featured a song not in the game, and this time it was just a showcase. Hell, there weren't even menu sounds, so it must've just been added on top of the footage rather than being a pure recording.
Besides, normal GT music isn't blood-pumping, and this song is, so it makes it a good trailer song.

I want that feeling delivered only by japanese games, i really wish PD produces more original soundtracks like in the old times
I personally don't want that. I've grown quite fond of the Hotel Costes type stuff and feel it represents GT's global market audience better than the Japanese power-metal feel of older games. One thing I hate looking back at the older games is how Japanese anime-like the soundtrack sounded. GT's newer format represents a more mature GT that takes into consideration the varied locale of both the user base and automotive culture. We have songs in Spanish, French, Japanese etc. with varied degrees of style and tempo.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope the music used for the GT7 main menu showcase doesn’t reflect the soundtrack. The ambient music in GTS is perfect for GT.

Would this thread be appropriate for soundtrack wishlists, or is this only about the songs we know to be featured in the game? I don't feel like starting a new thread simply to say a few songs I'd love to see/think fit the game.

Fairwell To The Fairground - White Lies
Portugal - Elven Pond
Whatever - Shantel
Crave You - Flight Facilities, Giselle
New York City Rage Fest - Kid Cudi
About a Woman - Protassov
Fleur bleue - Orsten
Dance With Me - 3rd Force
Well I Gotta Story - Evolve
I was thinking more in line of what is in the game. When we get more info I'll update the OP. It's no problem to discuss music we'd hope to hear.

Plus some Sport tracks are just jarring during the menus.

Agreed. Some of the bozza nova stuff that plays in the menu by default is pretty obscure in my opinion.

I think things improve by switching the menu score to “transmission mode’ under audio settings, which then combines parts of the jazz and lounge soundtracks of GT5 and GT6 with the ambient and electronica pieces in GTS.

One thing that notable about the past few soundtracks is their focus on alternative punk. They went from metal (Van Halen, Motley Crue, etc.) to this format. So It's likely that the soundtrack will feature its fair share of songs that have the raw punk-like sound.

That having been said, I could see this on there. It just has that modern GT sound.

Edit: So I've been listening to this playlist I created when I create liveries, and honestly wouldn't mind if the livery editor/UCD/Tune Shop had it's own unique soundtrack play that sounded like this. The music has that groovy sound perfect for such occasions.

Last edited:
Since he's now working at PD since March of 2017 (according to his Facebook) and has his own studio within PD, I think it's a given that there is going to be a very large heaping of new Daiki Kasho music, yeah? Not just new in-race music, but doing (some of) the menu music, pre-race music, end-of-race jingles (like he did in Sport), as well as doing the opening and ending movies as usual.

Like I said before, GT7 could easily be his biggest game yet.

After digging a bit more into KIDS FLY since the trailer+menu footage dropped I kinda hope they use more of their stuff for the menu soundtrack. It has a really nice moody aesthetic, I’ve been listening to it while driving for my delivery job all over Seattle and western WA.

One of the aspects that made me love GT5 so much was it's soundtrack. The game really evolved my taste in music from crappy dubstep & rap to oh-so elegant jazz and contemporary. After 5 it's like they gave up on (in my opinion) one of the most important pieces of a video game.. the soundtrack. GT6 & Sport mostly have rehashed & licensed tracks from older games with few new bangers. My hope is that GT7 returns to that classy spice that GT3-5 had along with some heart pumping bangers from Daiki Kasho!

GT6 & Sport mostly have rehashed & licensed tracks from older games with few new bangers.
GT6 was part of GT's 15th anniversary, so it made sense to reuse old music as part of it. Sport, though, was obviously focused on esports with most online players turning off the music to focus on the racing, so it makes sense for Daiki and others not to do any new music for it.

Anyway, yeah, since he now works at PD, I believe we should expect Daiki Kasho to headline the soundtrack with a much beefier offering from him instead of the usual 5-6 songs, plus other original music artists. And possibly because of this, I don't think we'll get much licensed stuff this time around, if at all. Possibly to avoid copyright strikes when people stream the game and all.

All we need is T-SQUARE and CASIOPEA but that probably won't happen. Although it would be good if some of the former members contributed such as Minoru Mukaiya, Masahiro Ando and Masato Honda. I would love it if Daiki Kasho collaborated with them for the original soundtrack as I think they would perfectly capture the spirit of GT.

;)

All we need is T-SQUARE and CASIOPEA but that probably won't happen. Although it would be good if some of the former members contributed such as Minoru Mukaiya, Masahiro Ando and Masato Honda. I would love it if Daiki Kasho collaborated with them for the original soundtrack as I think they would perfectly capture the spirit of GT.
It's about time we get a new remix of MoTC. But Kaz tweeted earlier this year that T-Square's lead guitarist (Masahiro Andoh) has retired from the band, so I don't know if they will still be willing to make music for GT :(

Back