Gran Turismo 7 Soundtrack

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 137 comments
Moon Over the Castle - GT7 version by Masahiro Andoh, confirmed by Kaz himself. Almost certainly will be the opening movie.

Damn, I thought Andoh retired... Hm, he must've done it before he retired, considering we already heard the organ part of it first in the FIAGTC 2020 World Finals.

This song is in the State of Play

Hopefully in the game too.

Yeah, sounds like menu music.

If custom playlists are in (and they should be in, given that we're talking 300 songs here), I'm just gonna limit it to all the original stuff and not the licensed stuff. A game's musical strength should always be stuff made specifically for the game, IMO.

Anybody knows the title of the track playing during the scape part of the stream? I heard it from an old movie before but I can't remember it.

Last edited:

Old footage featuring a new song - "Hooked on America" by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Louis Clark.

Last edited:
Hmm, think the BGM when Kaz starts talking in the SoP might be Daiki Kasho. That strong guitar riff and bass are reminiscent of the recent songs he did for EXiNA ("Ending Mirage" and "Carpet," if you want to hear them on YouTube).

It also sounds like either menu or pre-race music, as it seems to loop. One of the perks of being a sound designer at PD, it seems.

Hm, we'll see when the game launches, then, 'cause it sounds really freaking epic regardless.

Well, this is new for me
BF2F60C6-9204-4698-B45F-BD2D8B34240E.jpeg

Last edited:
The more I listen to it the more I like that Get In Your Head song posted above.

I've compiled some of the menu songs I found on the twitch stream, Lenny Ibizarre songs are hard to find on spotify imo

Posting this here instead of the news/discussion topic.

So, uh, as some of you may have already seen, most of Daiki Kasho's old music has returned in GT7. That's good and all.

But... the really surprising thing here is that there seems to be no new material of his in the game, aside from potential new jingles here and there. Nothing new at all. Like, what? What has he been doing at PD all this time, then, with his own studio there as we saw in 2019? What was he doing at Nightbird earlier that year as well? It can't all just be for car audio...

Yeah, something's not right. Feels like we're not seeing everything here.. =/

It's definitely a mystery, I first thought it was Daiki getting tired of making new songs for PD, but I'm apparently wrong as Lux above me pointed out. My only guess is because he was remastering his old work, there's quite a few songs that been updated in GT7. Maybe he just didn't find time for original work here.

It's definitely a mystery, I first thought it was Daiki getting tired of making new songs for PD, but I'm apparently wrong as Lux above me pointed out. My only guess is because he was remastering his old work, there's quite a few songs that been updated in GT7. Maybe he just didn't find time for original work here.
Yeah, that's my feeling, too. That he was busy remaking/remastering his old stuff, with Jon Underdown re-recording his vocals for "5OUL."

However, Daiki did make some new songs recently. Just not for GT7, though:

Safe to say Daiki's still got that aggression. And these songs are still under the Sony Music label, btw, so they could always come to GT7 in a future update.

Maybe a daft question but how many tracks are there on the soundtrack download?Is there a track list anywhere?
Edit:Saw the first page,teach me to look.lol

Last edited:
Maybe a daft question but how many tracks are there on the soundtrack download?Is there a track list anywhere?
Edit:Saw the first page,teach me to look.lol
Tbh, I kind of wasted my money on the digital 25th anniversary edition 'cause I was expecting a plethora of new Daiki Kasho tracks on the soundtrack app, not a mini-album of artists I've never heard of. But at least it's still original music made for the game, so... -shrug-

Last edited:
Doubt he’s tired of it since…
He’s responsible for GT7s sound design

Back