Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.16)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 68 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes
1. Car Settings
 - Fixed an issue where High Compression Pistons and Turbochargers were installed at the same time if certain inputs were performed.

2. World Circuits
 - Fixed an issue where selecting 'Rivals Settings' > 'Rivals Selection' > 'Random' in a [Custom Race] and starting with a Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21 would result in a one-make race.
 - Rival cars’ wheel colors now match those displayed on the thumbnails in Lightweight K-Cup.
 - Fixed an issue where the time from the point of pit entry along with the actual pitstop time would be counted on some tracks such as Deep Forest.
 - Fixed an issue where changing car from 'Settings' > 'Change Car' in a [Time Trial] or [Drift Trial] event screen did not change the car's thumbnail on the Top Screen.

3. Multiplayer
 - Fixed an issue where selecting 'Race Settings' > 'Start Type' > 'Grid Start with False Start Check' in Lobby would result in the actual start times of each car to differ.
 - Fixed an issue where entering a room during a race in some instances would cause the background to disappear and the game to freeze when leaving the room.

4. Steering Controller
 - Adjusted the force feedback strength for the following combinations of cars and steering wheel controllers. When using any other combination, the force feedback strength applied will be the one from Update 1.13

- Cars
  ・SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo
  ・SRT GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo SV

- Steering Wheels
  ・Thrustmaster® T300
  ・Thrustmaster® T500
  ・Thrustmaster® T-GT
  ・Fanatec® CSL Elite Racing Wheel
  ・Fanatec® Podium
  ・Fanatec® GT DD Pro

5. Showcase
 - Fixed an issue where the progress bar of a video playback would not start from the beginning when playing a best lap replay in Showcase.

Undocumented Changes
  • Time trials now count towards the miles for the Daily Workout.
  • A progress bar now shows progress for the player's DR rating.
  • Disqualifications will now apply when the player makes too many mistakes in Time Trial.
  • Frame rate on PS4 Pro has been improved.
  • Preview image of the BMW M3 '03 has been fixed and now displays more correctly
  • A spawning issue at Circuit De St Croix upon exiting the pits has been fixed.
  • The Antonov An225 has been added back to Special Stage Route X

Last edited:
Alright, you know the drill by now: Post any changes not officially listed in the patch notes. Remember to keep anything about Bugs & Glitches or Physics in the appropreate threads. Same goes for any discussion that has nothing to do with the updates.

You may now post.

now the time trial online, unlike the last update, increases the km or miles in the daily training. finally I would say
Oh this is the best part of this otherwise lacklustre update! All I've done the last few weeks is lap after lap of Suzuka and get 0 daily mileage for it! Fed up of loading up Route X and trundling round in my V8 Silvia just to get the miles!

now the time trial online, unlike the last update, increases the km or miles in the daily training. finally I would say

So, say I go join a Nürburgring track day lobby, do a few laps and that'll count towards my mileage? Finally!

This is wrong.

Just did 2 laps of Suzuka online (free run/time trial mode). It didn't add to my daily workout. Knew it was too good to be true... :(

Well, I guess the PS4 is gathering dust again until 1.17. 😂

Last edited:
This is wrong.

Just did 2 laps of Suzuka online (free run/time trial mode). It didn't add to my daily workout. Knew it was too good to be true... :(

Original post was referring to the Time Trial mode in Sport? Is that what you tried?

Is the force feedback is applying only for the 4 cars listing below the statement ? May I read wrong ?
You did get it wrong: it is corrected to the state before the last update glitched it for all cars. The 3 listed seemingly need a special treatment.

This is wrong.

It's not wrong? The online time trials (the Le Mans one, at the moment) & qualifying/practice (for any sport race) now adds to your daily workout.

Original post was referring to the Time Trial mode in Sport? Is that what you tried?

Is it? They didn't mention sport mode, just online time trials. Oh well, shoulda been clearer.

The online lobby neglect continues, such a shame.

Can we sell cars now with this update
No.
This type of thing wont be an "Undocumented Change" either.
Selling ones car impacts the game and is also not a small thing therefore, it would be a Documented Change.

Things like changing rain effects by adding splash effects under heavy rain does not effect the game or the change in radar shape, is a minor visual tweak and can be excluded from the patch notes as was the case with 1.15

Well, he is in the undocumented changes thread. I imagine that's why he asked.. to see if it was an undocumented change.
Thing is, that is an officially planned feature (One that arguably should've been in the game considering it was advertised on the box) as outlined in that apology PD put out so it effectively means it's not nor will be considered an undocumented change.

Last edited:
Is it? They didn't mention sport mode, just online time trials. Oh well, shoulda been clearer.

The online lobby neglect continues, such a shame.
Online time trial can only be found under sport. That you choose to call online lobbies time trials, is a mistake on your part. There are no time trials in lobbies(unfortunately).

Last edited:
I noticed that there is now a disqualification if you make too many mistakes in the time trial.( for Sport Mode ).... eg. reversing the route or driving along the crash barrier. I can't remember it being like this before.

Last edited:
Back