Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.17)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 131 comments
Ngapa GIF

Change to search behavior: Search keyword is no longer cached - in sense that the game no longer displays the previously searched keyword if you search for something, go back to search and click Content Search without touching the keyword box.

I suspect that was unintended given that if you touch the search text box even once you lose the previous search term.

Notification for daily marathon reward in garage is now highlighted by blue color and it is from left side comparing to the red color and right side how was prior 1.17

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:
These instructions are neither unclear nor difficult to understand.

If you're talking about changes NOT shown in the official patch notes, talk about it here. If you're talking about literally anything else at all, do not talk about it here.

I've already deleted 14 posts from this thread, and it only has 36 replies...

Edit: 16.

New engine swaps can be posted here. Discussions about engine swaps cannot. They go here:

Last edited:
Of course the chasecam change comes now. I just switched my config to put the MFD control on the right stick. Probably gonna end up changing it back every other race.

I don’t know if this should be posted here, but I have a Charger Hellcat with racing brakes that were red, and now they’re green and cannot paint them any other color. Tried purchasing both racing brakes sets to no avail, even reverting back to stock and back to racing and they won’t change color, stuck on green calipers. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: checked other cars, they change back to green!! WTH???
Looks like this is a bug introduced by 1.17

Is it weird that I race in Cockpit mode? At first I didn't think so, but turns out I am of the minority it appears lol

Bearing in mind I typically don't race online.
I race in cockpit view when using my wheel and chase came if I'm on controller

I can finally complete music rally. I had a black screen since launch of game for the Toyota 2000GT race at Laguna Seca. I bugged Kaz and PD about it for months. Happy it’s now been fixed. Appreciate it.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this should be posted here, but I have a Charger Hellcat with racing brakes that were red, and now they’re green and cannot paint them any other color. Tried purchasing both racing brakes sets to no avail, even reverting back to stock and back to racing and they won’t change color, stuck on green calipers. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: checked other cars, they change back to green!! WTH???
I can confirm this: caliper colors messed up with this update!

In Lobbies:
  • New message on top of menu displaying NAT type (I don't remember this message before)
  • New option in menu for refueling based on L/sec

Latest Posts

Back