Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.17)

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 131 comments
  • 31,480 views
They removed the setting to change track wetness in custom race. I hope it's a bug because that was a nice track setting option...
I don't think so unfortunately.
- The correct road wetness will now be automatically applied if 'Custom Weather' is selected from 'Time / Weather' options in 'Lobby';
 
You can enter qualifying with less than two minutes remaining until race. Is that new?
 
You can enter qualifying with less than two minutes remaining until race. Is that new?
You've been able to go into qualifying up to 1 minute before since launch on PS5, I'm not sure about PS4 and if it is longer because of the slow load times.
 
Not sure if anyone else had this issue, but BOP now works wonderfully for Multiclass racing. Some Gr1 Cars, SPecifically the 2016 le mans cars had an error loading into the course and crashed the game whenever you went on the course. This only happened when BOP was enabled. I can confirm that all cars load with no issues now. Is anyone up for some Multiclass racing this weekend??
 
Maybe my imagination, but I swear I’m noticing more pixelation in rain/splash effects on wet tracks (OG PS4), not necessarily complaining, though, maybe this’ll finally fix my terrible frame rates at Spa.

Feels like physics may have been adjusted, too. A few of my old faithful cars feel very squirrelly now.
 
Maybe my imagination, but I swear I’m noticing more pixelation in rain/splash effects on wet tracks (OG PS4), not necessarily complaining, though, maybe this’ll finally fix my terrible frame rates at Spa.

Feels like physics may have been adjusted, too. A few of my old faithful cars feel very squirrelly now.
SAME! I thought it was just me, Gr3 and Gr1 feel so much faster. Hard racing tires feel like they have much more grip now. My tuned cars might have to go on another tuning session tho.
 
The headlights now properly illuminate the track on Deep Forest . This track was the only one that lacked this and as a result you could do pitch black racing .
 
Issue has been fixed in online lobby, The search finally works when u put bop on and tunning now say Prohibited
 
Physics are massively different. Grip for days. Much less dangerous. Gt sport physics.
Just noticed this when I took my Z GT4 car for some laps at Watkins Glen, has way more grip than before. Actually turned down the downforce quite a bit, which it needed before to even stay in line.
 
Did two race B’s today and my wheel no longer rocks back and forth while the grid is lining up.
 
Honestly, I don't like the physics update. It seems like they've got these tires gripping hard so that the Escudo can handle like it currently does, but man do the other cars feel boring. NURF the Escudo ha ha ha.
 
The only thing different that I've noticed so far is that you can catch tank slappers.
All I’m picturing in my head now is James may saying tank slapped
 
Can't check now, because I am not at home, but have they fixed multiplayer split screen, second player assist settings always on?
 
I'm hardly an expert, but I'v got about 200 hours on this game and just shaved off a good second or more of my best lap times on 3 different tracks while playing on my cell phone. I found myself doing what I did in GT Sport which was try to spin out intentionally to make sure it was still possible.
 
Last edited:
WOOHOOOOO YOU CAN FINALLY LOAD YOUR OWN GHOSTS IN TIME TRIAL MODE!!
Is this in time trial on world circuits or online time trial events?Cant check until later so interested which.
 
On livery editor, when you use the search engine, before the update, if you didn't fill the text to search, it would search automtically the same text as the last time (if the last search was in the same livery edition "session", if I'm making myself clear), not anymore, it just makes a blank search.

No big deal but saved a lot of time typing names when making a livery and trying different logos of the same sponsor/brand
 
Not sure if it is definitely new in this update or I just haven't noticed it before.

When in a Sport mode cars with penalties have a yellow countdown bar showing how long until they are slowing down.
 
I'm not sure, I'll have to check again but so far everything seems the same.
Before the patch, the TT Cup (GR. 4) had a pretty slidy rear (tried in Daily C time trial). It's much less slidy now, so there definitely was some kind of update.
Not sure if it is definitely new in this update or I just haven't noticed it before.

When in a Sport mode cars with penalties have a yellow countdown bar showing how long until they are slowing down.
That was already added one or two updates ago 😉
 
Before the patch, the TT Cup (GR. 4) had a pretty slidy rear (tried in Daily C time trial). It's much less slidy now, so there definitely was some kind of update.

That was already added one or two updates ago 😉
Haha thought that may have been the case. I only noticed it today though.
 
WOOHOOOOO YOU CAN FINALLY LOAD YOUR OWN GHOSTS IN TIME TRIAL MODE!!
OMG finally, I had no 🤬 idea how that feature went missing in GT7. Really should have been there on release, but I'm glad it's back.
 
Back